LosoLoaded

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

that’s hilarious , even though they break the rules multiple times . Given multiple chances. And you blame the staff for causing their frag hungry intentions HAHAAH. They’ve given him multiple chances pretty sure they are on a small thread due to him not keeping his word of “changing”.
lol

John Buck

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Damn the OG is back. :eyes:

Eldar987

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

So I'll just reiterate here since this thread has become somewhat of a rule reform issue. There are things within Monolith that are absolutely in need of critiquing from the community. The only way to oppose what people would view as a unjust rule or policy is to speak out about it. With that, it is important you get your point across in a respectful well spoken manner and not resort to bashing specific people. (Trust me, I know it's hard at times I myself am guilty of behaving that way.)

Yes, the staff team can sometimes be too strict. There is IMMENSE pressure put on our staff members that volunteer hours of their time here for next to nothing in return. (Yes, Admin+ can receive a small reward for consistent player reports and some other SMALL incentives for other divisions.) It fails in comparison to the amount of time and effort a staff member puts into their workload. From the pressure of Senior Staff to get report counts up, from the constant abuse of the player base. It's a wonder current and ex staff haven't gone insane. In my tenure as a staff member the amount of abusive just flat out inhumane things that were said to me and about me on a 10 minute basis was overwhelming at times, but it comes with the job and they do their best to manage that.

The staff is not here as some evil kid sitting on a hill with a magnifying glass waiting for the next ant to burn. (Person to ban, respectively) Staff are monitored VERY closely in EVERYTHING they do. Senior Staff+ logcheck admins regularly for signs of abusive behavior and regularly sit down with them to talk about performance and attitude. Staff do NOT target specific people and just eagerly hover over them waiting for something to go wrong. It's impossible with the report volume staff receive. (I'm struggling to use the term "Staff" and not "We" haven't shaken that feeling yet lol). Staff do investigate people after numerous reports or potential exploits.

Is there change that needs to be made? Hell yeah there is, there always will be in a ever changing environment such as this. The main thing is respectful communication. I feel that transparency should be looked into a bit more, to give everyone the full scope of how the staff team operates so that a better understanding could be reached in how staff issue punishments, appeals, rewards..etc. It is not as simple as "Do a better job."

If you feel a staff member has wronged you and you aren't sure if you should make a staff report try this first.
1. Just talk to the staff member you have an issue with respectfully. - Seriously, when I was an admin if people would simply have a polite conversation with me about a sit or punishment I would hear them out and reconsider my decision. The pen is mightier than the sword.

2. Talk to another staff member or even a Senior Staff member. (They don't bite) Stuvi is an asshole (That's kind of a running joke) he's actually a really laid back guy. It's his verbiage that comes off strict and cold.

3. Step back and ask, am I just angry or is there actually a problem here? Objectivity is important. You'll notice, staff do not ban (At least are not allowed to ban) without evidence or logical reasoning you did something you shouldn't have. A majority of the staff team will check with Senior Staff before making large bans (They are actually required to as a check and balance.)

It is no longer my place to speak on behalf of the staff team so take this all with a grain of salt, I have recieved a lot of PM's/DM's about certain punishments people have received and much much more. I don't mind taking a look at your cases or answering your questions about the Staff Team's general operations and how decisions are made to ban or not ban. If you have questions on the rules or a grey area, feel free to PM me and I will provide you with the best knowledge I have.

Chef

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

So I'll just reiterate here since this thread has become somewhat of a rule reform issue. There are things within Monolith that are absolutely in need of critiquing from the community. The only way to oppose what people would view as a unjust rule or policy is to speak out about it. With that, it is important you get your point across in a respectful well spoken manner and not resort to bashing specific people. (Trust me, I know it's hard at times I myself am guilty of behaving that way.)

Yes, the staff team can sometimes be too strict. There is IMMENSE pressure put on our staff members that volunteer hours of their time here for next to nothing in return. (Yes, Admin+ can receive a small reward for consistent player reports and some other SMALL incentives for other divisions.) It fails in comparison to the amount of time and effort a staff member puts into their workload. From the pressure of Senior Staff to get report counts up, from the constant abuse of the player base. It's a wonder current and ex staff haven't gone insane. In my tenure as a staff member the amount of abusive just flat out inhumane things that were said to me and about me on a 10 minute basis was overwhelming at times, but it comes with the job and they do their best to manage that.

The staff is not here as some evil kid sitting on a hill with a magnifying glass waiting for the next ant to burn. (Person to ban, respectively) Staff are monitored VERY closely in EVERYTHING they do. Senior Staff+ logcheck admins regularly for signs of abusive behavior and regularly sit down with them to talk about performance and attitude. Staff do NOT target specific people and just eagerly hover over them waiting for something to go wrong. It's impossible with the report volume staff receive. (I'm struggling to use the term "Staff" and not "We" haven't shaken that feeling yet lol). Staff do investigate people after numerous reports or potential exploits.

Is there change that needs to be made? Hell yeah there is, there always will be in a ever changing environment such as this. The main thing is respectful communication. I feel that transparency should be looked into a bit more, to give everyone the full scope of how the staff team operates so that a better understanding could be reached in how staff issue punishments, appeals, rewards..etc. It is not as simple as "Do a better job."

If you feel a staff member has wronged you and you aren't sure if you should make a staff report try this first.
1. Just talk to the staff member you have an issue with respectfully. - Seriously, when I was an admin if people would simply have a polite conversation with me about a sit or punishment I would hear them out and reconsider my decision. The pen is mightier than the sword.

2. Talk to another staff member or even a Senior Staff member. (They don't bite) Stuvi is an asshole (That's kind of a running joke) he's actually a really laid back guy. It's his verbiage that comes off strict and cold.

3. Step back and ask, am I just angry or is there actually a problem here? Objectivity is important. You'll notice, staff do not ban (At least are not allowed to ban) without evidence or logical reasoning you did something you shouldn't have. A majority of the staff team will check with Senior Staff before making large bans (They are actually required to as a check and balance.)

It is no longer my place to speak on behalf of the staff team so take this all with a grain of salt, I have recieved a lot of PM's/DM's about certain punishments people have received and much much more. I don't mind taking a look at your cases or answering your questions about the Staff Team's general operations and how decisions are made to ban or not ban. If you have questions on the rules or a grey area, feel free to PM me and I will provide you with the best knowledge I have.
Yea, what he said

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

So this spiraled out of control pretty quickly. Keep this introduction thread on topic or it will be locked.
Different threads for different topics friends.

rxsm

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

to stop posting shit we must restart the thread

YEAH M BOY LAWRENCE IS BACK ITS TIME FOR DEAD KIDS