Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Mr.Kotik
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59064336
Your Character Name: Riley Stewart

Ban Length: 1 Year
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @ArcticSalad

Ban Reason: Exploiting
Unban Reason: Here's my side of the story. This specific Tuesday morning of May 14th, I had just unlocked cocaine. My friend told me about a method of making it in which you could use three sulfuric acid cartons with only one drafting bucket, and I wanted to try it out. I was informed by said friend that this way of making it wasn't disallowed, just not encouraged. I had no idea it would lead to an exploiting ban.

Upon looking at the situation, it IS exploiting, and I was a little blinded by how profitable it would be. I am hoping to be unbanned as A) It is something I shall NEVER repeat, and B) I am (in my own opinion) an avid member of the community (although I just registered on forums). I also really enjoy playing here. Thank you for your time.

Time of Occurrence:
Additional members involved/witnessing: @Vexxum @A Sack 'O Salt

Last edited:

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

I was informed by said friend that this way of making it wasn't disallowed, just not encouraged. I had no idea it would lead to an exploiting ban.
Any form of hacking, abusing or exploiting to gain an advantage over other players is not allowed. Report accidental exploiting to the respective staff members immediately and refrain from using and sharing those.

Mr.Kotik

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Any form of hacking, abusing or exploiting to gain an advantage over other players is not allowed. Report accidental exploiting to the respective staff members immediately and refrain from using and sharing those.
Yessir, I completely understand that, however, I think I misunderstood what my friend was saying when he had mentioned this to me. He didn't really mention to me that it was an exploit, and I guess now I can see that it was. When I was attempting to do this, I didn't really think too hard of it, and never had considered the fact that it WAS such a way of cheating/exploiting, however I can see that it is now

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @Mr.Kotik.
I went to you when I got a notification from console about an exploit alert involving cocaine. Upon arrival, you described to me a "triple cocaine" which in itself didn't sound like a real gameplay mechanism. I then asked you to present said method, and you did, which included you attempting to duplicate some of the cocaine items.
Unfortunately, I cannot explain this further because I have no knowledge of the cocaine process.

Mr.Kotik

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Upon arrival, you described to me a "triple cocaine" which in itself didn't sound like a real gameplay mechanism.
Yes, when I look at it in terms of hindsight, it was a really stupid of me to think that it was within the rules. I was seeing it as a grey area, and not so much an exploit. When you and the other admins showed up, I had made that realization. It clicked in my head when you said "what were you up to with the cocaine."

Mr.Kotik

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Let me put it like this; I broke a rule. Whether it was intentional or not, I have learned from my mistake, and such a thing will not happen again should I be unbanned, and in the future of playing, I will be sure to think harder about such things.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Who's your friend who told you about the exploit? Since he's your "friend" you would know his name, right?

Mr.Kotik

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

His name is Oliver, he used to play a long time ago

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Your story doesn't make sense. Exploiting is exploiting, no matter what other people tell you or what you think. This is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.