SyStem - Harris Black

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hi there.

So, i want to talk about a topic that everyone has thought about, thirst and hunger.
We all have played on the rp servers and thought of why the hell we only drink and eat, every 5 minutes.
New players complain about that they have to eat and drink all the time, so they dont die.
Personally i think this is a issue, and could be fixed very easily. Maybe change the hunger/thirst duration or what ever,
so that we dont have to eat/drink all the time, because not everyone has allot of cash to pay for so much food and stuff, all the time..

Me and others would really appreciate if the duration would be a little longer, so that we dont have to think about only that, 90% of the time.
It's roleplay, so it gotta be a little more realistic. Let's be honest, who on earth eats and drinks as much as we do on the servers..
Just ruins the gameplay for new players too.

I hope you understand, and this is not meant in ANY bad way, at all. I love Monolith, and been enjoying it for some time now.
It has really canged since the first time ive played, back in 2018.

Keep up the good work!

Hello migo

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Make eggs they give you +35 hunger each and are very easy to make. I’m pretty sure you only need to be lvl 4 or 7 cooking too.

misterjokeman

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

So annoying having to eat every 3 seconds. +Support

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In a way it ties in with the day in night cycle, only eating once every few day cycles wouldn't make to much sense...

besides food and water isn't that expensive, just pick yourself up some cakes or pies usually for sale around town hall and bottles of water and your good. One cake and 2 bottles of water can refill everything.

Omega

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Not really, no. It's roleplay - not real-life. We are not planning to change anything regarding hunger and thirst at this time.
I understand your stand point on this Stuvi, and I agree it's not real life but I feel it should be treated like gas for a car. Food and water get reset at rejoining but not gas, I believe when you leave you should join back with same health, food, and water levels as you left with, BUT this issue is not pressing enough for it to be added to development now, maybe at a future time where you aren't working on a new map. This is my 2 cents and I feel as if this is a way to make all parties happy.

Sad UwU

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

The food right now is kinda broken. Eggs are super cheap to make, plus they stack up pretty nicely compared to others. Once you hit eggs you don't need anything else unless you want to be super duper efficient, then you just make cake. You all should be complaining about how easy the hunger system is, not the other way around.

If anything you're all complaining about how poor you all are simply because you can't afford to stack up on eggs :( I feel your pain, these are hard times after all.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

New players complain about that they have to eat and drink all the time, so they dont die.
However, you don’t die from hunger or thirst anymore. Your HP just goes down to 1

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

The food you can purchase at supermarket isn't really effective either. They give you "debuffs" by lowering thirst or hunger levels upon usage. That way we encourage players to purchase food and drinks that were crafted by players, since they're really effective.

Comparing it to the gas mechanic doesn't really work either because our vehicle fueling mechanic is all over the place every since we switched to Rockford and has never been properly fixed.

gnu

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

snip

Last edited:

SyStem - Harris Black

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Im not saying remove it completely or change it to "eat once a day" but make it more realistic.. I dont do anything but eat..