Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamal Hisin

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

The PD is fucked up for many reasons.
1) Amount of mingy/harrasive behavior
Everyone has encounter a police officer who forces them out of their vehicle for speeding or broken rules to get em arrested. Again and again we pleaded for a whitelisted PD, but of course Monolith said no so that way they can keep their dying player count up.
2) Overpowered
If PD raids your place, your fucked unless you have 5+ people. You killed them all 12 of them the first time? Well, get ready for round two because they plan on breaking NLR. Ok, so you killed most of them and you're running low on resources? Well your fucked because while your trapped the PD is litteraly LEAVING and getting shit to kill you again with. Have fun!
3) Always looking for a thrill
Every single cop I have met has looked for a raid, a firefight, something along the lines of that that includes violence because why? Because they want to be entertained. This is completely stupid and irrational and should be kept in check by PD events and keeping them busy.

Welp until the PD is nerfed idk what imma do, sorry for the rant

Alex Anderson

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

This is a discussion that has happened countless times, but for the sake of keeping reply small I will only put my response to your 'PD is OVERPOWERED' Part of the thread
--------------------------------------------------------

The Monoford Police Department is clearly based in a city not unlike San Francisco or Los Angeles, which means that they would have a lot of Officer, well over the 12 you mention killing in a raid, in real life 12 would be about how many swat might come to a single house raid, another thing is in real life there isn't some clear line Semi-Auto compared to Fully-Auto especially considering Police are heavily trained, and swat training is EXTREME which means the average gang member wouldn't be able to just 2 shot them in the head and bam they're out because in real life, the police would of taken them out before that, but due to the Low FPS Issues, Ping Spikes, and the fact this is a computer game, no one can be good that consistently, either way though, you are encouraged to try to take Hostages, actually ROLEPLAY like people used to, believe it or not we (Cop Mains) are actually able to value their life, just be smart and don't give us an easy shot, -Alex Anderson

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Also, most of the time, there is no NLR rule break since they are given TWO lives for raids. I've seen some really good players come through that would hold off a full force raid with 3 guys easy. You need to be smart, tactical, and have a good aim.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Yesterday I got pulled over on One of the few times I wasn't police. I was polite, cooperative and role played well, and in turn the police officer did exactly the same. Problem isn't with any game mechanic here, so don't blame it.

Aleksandr

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Yesterday I got pulled over on One of the few times I wasn't police. I was polite, cooperative and role played well, and in turn the police officer did exactly the same. Problem isn't with any game mechanic here, so don't blame it.
As you said we have a good cops. That try to RP pretty good with 10codes etc. But then we got the "Im higher then you so you do what I want" CPT+. Im gonna say that LT+ should be premium restricted or Only choosen ones get it

Jace

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

As you said we have a good cops. That try to RP pretty good with 10codes etc. But then we got the "Im higher then you so you do what I want" CPT+. Im gonna say that LT+ should be premium restricted or Only choosen ones get it

so pay to win or whitelist? not even gonna comment on that

StolenHoodie

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

PD would be decent if it was a whitelisted job but since it's not, that's just the kind of stuff you've got to deal with but also.. The officers have two lives each at raids.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

The problem is not with the pd, everyone needs to interact with roleplay in mind, not fragging at the forefront. This conversation keeps happening, and since we cant remove guns it's up to players to do the right thing.

If, during a house raid, you considered surrendering, negotiating, or pretending to have a bomb, it would encourage slower, more enjoyable roleplay and thus professionalism in the PD.

If people want a completely fair gunfight with little else they should play CSGO.

It's a roleplay server - mechanics are there to support roleplay, not gunplay.

Memo

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The PD is fucked up for many reasons.
1) Amount of mingy/harrasive behavior
Everyone has encounter a police officer who forces them out of their vehicle for speeding or broken rules to get em arrested. Again and again we pleaded for a whitelisted PD, but of course Monolith said no so that way they can keep their dying player count up.
2) Overpowered
If PD raids your place, your fucked unless you have 5+ people. You killed them all 12 of them the first time? Well, get ready for round two because they plan on breaking NLR. Ok, so you killed most of them and you're running low on resources? Well your fucked because while your trapped the PD is litteraly LEAVING and getting shit to kill you again with. Have fun!
3) Always looking for a thrill
Every single cop I have met has looked for a raid, a firefight, something along the lines of that that includes violence because why? Because they want to be entertained. This is completely stupid and irrational and should be kept in check by PD events and keeping them busy.

Welp until the PD is nerfed idk what imma do, sorry for the rant
I agree fully on this it’s almost impossible to do a hostage situation / In a base with more than 3 people when there is a high pop on the server. Everyone becomes cop and goes there for the action and nothing else and most likely brakes NLR.

Merilyian

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

The problem is not with the pd, everyone needs to interact with roleplay in mind, not fragging at the forefront. This conversation keeps happening, and since we cant remove guns it's up to players to do the right thing.

If, during a house raid, you considered surrendering, negotiating, or pretending to have a bomb, it would encourage slower, more enjoyable roleplay and thus professionalism in the PD.

If people want a completely fair gunfight with little else they should play CSGO.

While I completely agree with this statement, this has been worded to me in a particularly potent way. Monolith is hardly serious RP like we all want it to be. Its FragRP. If we want it to be serious we ALL need to bring this to the next level. One or two cops being serious isn't going to make change happen.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

While I completely agree with this statement, this has been worded to me in a particularly potent way. Monolith is hardly serious RP like we all want it to be. Its FragRP. If we want it to be serious we ALL need to bring this to the next level. One or two cops being serious isn't going to make change happen.
While I understand that view, the statement “it's fragrp... one or two cops being serious isn't going to make a difference” is the reason the problem propogates, and people keep getting frustrated and having this exact conversation. We ought to remember it's a game and made for fun, but also that one person making an effort does indeed change things. It makes the whole experience more memorable for everyone they come across, and enhances the gameplay further than just a grind to unlock more mechanics.

For those who want it to be serious rp, act like it. For those who just want to enjoy the luxury after a lot of crime laying off, absolutely do so. And if anyone gets in the way of either of those things by rulebreaking, make a report.

The only issue arises when players forget there are humans trying to enjoy themselves in front of them, and just see them as things in the way of their wants. Then toxicity and rulebreaking ensue.

We are a community, and should act as such; that means taking responsibility for the sort of virtual city that is being built and lived in.

Again, we are a community, capable of setting a great example and providing enjoyment for all, NOT Fragrp.

In relation to the main topic of this post, and to further the fact that we are not Fragrp, take a look at the latest update log, making certain heavier firearms limited edition, and the fact that similar things will happen for the PD.

We really do want a fun, creative and equal place for all to play in.

Merilyian

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

While I understand that view, the statement “it's fragrp... one or two cops being serious isn't going to make a difference” is the reason the problem propogates, and people keep getting frustrated and having this exact conversation. We ought to remember it's a game and made for fun, but also that one person making an effort does indeed change things. It makes the whole experience more memorable for everyone they come across, and enhances the gameplay further than just a grind to unlock more mechanics.

For those who want it to be serious rp, act like it. For those who just want to enjoy the luxury after a lot of crime laying off, absolutely do so. And if anyone gets in the way of either of those things by rulebreaking, make a report.

The only issue arises when players forget there are humans trying to enjoy themselves in front of them, and just see them as things in the way of their wants. Then toxicity and rulebreaking ensue.

We are a community, and should act as such; that means taking responsibility for the sort of virtual city that is being built and lived in.

Again, we are a community, capable of setting a great example and providing enjoyment for all, NOT Fragrp.

In relation to the main topic of this post, and to further the fact that we are not Fragrp, take a look at the latest update log, making certain heavier firearms limited edition, and the fact that similar things will happen for the PD.

We really do want a fun, creative and equal place for all to play in.

I fully agree with you.
Honestly, the heavy firearms weren't a problem, their ease of obtainment was.
Regardless of that, as Stewart said, we need to act together to end this FragRP bullshit.
If anyone reading this is a proclaimed 'top fragger', remember that those frags were most likely ruining someone's RP experience.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I fully agree with you.
Honestly, the heavy firearms weren't a problem, their ease of obtainment was.
Regardless of that, as Stewart said, we need to act together to end this FragRP bullshit.
If anyone reading this is a proclaimed 'top fragger', remember that those frags were most likely ruining someone's RP experience.
Agree on all of the above. Maybe we should add some more focus to things like consumables

Jamal Hisin

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Also, most of the time, there is no NLR rule break since they are given TWO lives for raids. I've seen some really good players come through that would hold off a full force raid with 3 guys easy. You need to be smart, tactical, and have a good aim.
In my base defense, we were smart. We had some really good peeks. We had backup fridges, ammo, repair tables, and meds. But do you know how many medkits it takes for a 3 V 14? It takes a damn lot. And lets also talk about ammo as well. IT TAKES A DAMN LOT TO KILL 14 PEOPLE WHILE TRYING TO WALLBANG, PREFIRE, AND SPRAY. This is complete bullshit. They can camp you and resupply while your fucked, watching the door to make sure your not fragged by some idiot lieutenant that plays cop every time he gets on. And also, of course there will be cases of people defending against PD raids. Of course there will be the one case of the guy who defended against the whole PD. But for the majority of us basers, the odds are very slim.

Jamal Hisin

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

This is a discussion that has happened countless times, but for the sake of keeping reply small I will only put my response to your 'PD is OVERPOWERED' Part of the thread
--------------------------------------------------------

The Monoford Police Department is clearly based in a city not unlike San Francisco or Los Angeles, which means that they would have a lot of Officer, well over the 12 you mention killing in a raid, in real life 12 would be about how many swat might come to a single house raid, another thing is in real life there isn't some clear line Semi-Auto compared to Fully-Auto especially considering Police are heavily trained, and swat training is EXTREME which means the average gang member wouldn't be able to just 2 shot them in the head and bam they're out because in real life, the police would of taken them out before that, but due to the Low FPS Issues, Ping Spikes, and the fact this is a computer game, no one can be good that consistently, either way though, you are encouraged to try to take Hostages, actually ROLEPLAY like people used to, believe it or not we (Cop Mains) are actually able to value their life, just be smart and don't give us an easy shot, -Alex Anderson
I'm sorry but you arguing realism is just dumb. When in real life does a cop respawn and come back to the raid he died in? When in real life is the whole PD devoted to one drug operation while the rest of the criminals are running lose? Also, tell me how in a base situation how taking a hostage helps. After you release them, they will break in your door and kill you. It's happened countless times in hostage sits, bank raids, basing, etc. Doesn't matter how smart you are or how good of a peek you have, 3 v 12 is very shitty odds.

Jamal Hisin

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

OK I'm going to have to call bullshittery on some of these things you claim. First of all, surrendering. Pretty much worst then death because you have to give up your items and go to jail, costing you more time then if you just died. Second of all, negotiating. I'm not going to say much but how would you negotiate in that situation? With what? How? Pretending to have a bomb. This one made me laugh. You can claim shit like this but it will never matter because the PD roleplayers already know that there is no bomb in the game and will act on that. And when you say that if your looking for a fair gunfight to play CSGO, any game with some type of overpowered thing or principle in it is frusturating. Take for example, bhopping in CS:S. It was one of the most broken game mechanics at the time and made it hard for players to play without getting mad. Now however, take the bhopping, something everyone could do, and only give it to one side. See my point?

Tuko

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Valuing your life > your items

nick.

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

agreed.

I once was on the PD freq, and there was a bank raid going on. And this one guy was like 'yeah i keep coming back until the admins tell me to stop.' there needs to be a punishment when cops return 2+ times, because almost 9/10 times you WILL lose a cop vs player raid due to them returning.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

This is going nowhere, if you feel like you know a way to improve the PD make an actual suggestion. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.