FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

ooo4.png

Frag RP - A manifesto

i - Definition of Fragging and FragRP
ii.1 - how it was applied before ( paralake era )
ii.2 - how it was applied now ( circa last few months )
iii - How it died
iv - How to revive it
v - A request

i - Definitions

Fragging - Frag is a gaming term that refers to a successful kill in a first-person shooter (FPS) game.

FragRP - The roleplay of raiding and/or any other action that results in a bloodbath, with the loss of people's guns and/or dignity.

FragRP and Fragging is the core of a lot of servers and games, such as Rust, PoliceRP servers, and perpheads. The viable way to make cash, is drugs, and killing, and to do that you have to fight.

The idea of this manifesto? Bring back FragRP, and put a light on it. People have forgotten what it was, how much fun it was, and most importantly that it is a game, and we should treat it as such. This isn't a job, this isn't a fight, this is simply a game, and treating otherwise just makes you a loser to be honest.

This manifesto applies to those who fought - If you're not a pvper, you should still read this. If you're a pvper, take a considerate look with a grain of salt. Those XM8s in your bank are gaining dust, rapidly.

Pugnatum est, nostrorum cultura

ii - How it was applied before

ii.1 - Paralake era (and possibly Rockford)

The Era of War

ooo5.png

In Rockford and Paralake FragRP was prevelant, but not for the reason you think. In Paralake and Rockford there weren't many people on top per se. Sure, you could name a few top orgs, such as the vieras, the wongs, sinclair's, the monsters, informals, gs9, etc. Organizations that still have legacy - What made them strong however is the weakness of others. Back then 100k was a lot of money. Most people only had access to LSD and weed was not prevelant back then, gunmaking was simpler, and guns were overall less money. Cash had a lot more value, and a Scar was as much as an LR-300, which may sound absurd, but guns were that easy to make.

Back then you could hire miners to get you ores, get you guns. The production of guns was a lot easier, and that led to constant gunfights and raids. People used their pixels, their items, they had no actual value to them, and overall no one cared enough to, well, care.

Now, this may seem like a rant, because it is. This is a rant about how the old times were better, and even when we did add the factories in the server, zergs were still really prevelant. Blue warehouse 6-9 man teams making weed and guns constantly with everyone working their asses off for orders on the forums, because coke wasn't available.

Gambling wasn't prevelant and the only way to gamble was the slot machines, which made Gambling an uneffective way of making money. Meaning the only way was... working for your cash, and the combination of LSD being the best way for cash illegaly, it made it a easily raidable thing. People megabased and had thousands of dollars worth of equipment there, making it a risky but profitable business.

Another money making method was Farming. High level farming basicly meant you could make a shitton of cash, and it was somewhat low risk (before the update that killed public farming). You could sit with 4 other dudes and risk a couple tickets and with a TV listening to a podcast while making grapes and cocoa across the street

You could also make cakes, which made a few people the richest people on the server. Buy a few brewing barrels and make cakes like crazy, with 4 other guys doing weed and class 3s, after the update that killed farming in public of course. You also had the scripters who just did +right; +attack in console and farmed for a while too, but still.

TL;DR - Cash was harder to obtain and things were cheaper, main methods of money was LSD, weed and farming. Gun selling was player to player and was not a method of introducing new money into the economy.

ii.2 - The Monoford era
The Era of Boldness and Funding
ooo.png
Monoford is different to Paralake and Rockford, in many different ways. The main way? The old methods died. They crashed and burned hard, atleast it appeared so to the naked eye. They instead evolved, and that brought along multiple problems, but FragRP wasn't dead, it was better, sort of.

Now instead of raiding people focused only on the kills - People wanted kills, and money wasn't a problem, the downfall, but we'll see it later. Because of how much money is in circulation, and how many people made guns, guns became more mass produced, atleast the lower tier guns, making the basicly dirt cheap to make, taking all but around a couple hours to mine and produce the guns.

I personally had a zerg with the rooks where we were able to make a lot of shit with the amount of rocks we mined, and we did - we made around 150k worth of guns with a lot of bars leftover and spread across a few people. 3 guns a person, high tier, for a group of 7 people, a good haul.

People focused it, and people had a monopoly on guns, but honestly, that didn't matter. Money was easy to make now, 100k an hour was a standard, and millions were attainable through Gambling. The methods are still here, they aren't gone, but with gunmaking not changing, and prices rising, inflation is on the rise as money is easier to gain, therefore people will only get richer, and people will raise the prices - a bi product of a anarcho-cap market.

The fighting is only optional now - It isn't necessary to succeed, and now FragRP was on the loss, groups like YFG, 786 and whatnot fighting the cops more than the other players. Bank raids meant nothing as it only became frustrating for people, since you died out of the blue to a man with an M4 who only lost about 5k when you lost 50k.

The groups like AxS took over, with others rising to fight and dying quickly. Admin intervention resulting in people being banned, and overall a lot more people losing due to quite honestly retarded circumstances, and the lack of actual rewards and them actually mattering caused the players who lose to simply quit

iii - How it died
The era of Peace

ooo6.png

When you play a video game, like minecraft, where grinding is the main focus, what makes it fun? The work - The work you put in the game is what makes it fun. It isn't as satisfying when you simply go into creative and make the mega build you want while working null for it

Or like HoI4, where you can get everything through a console, but, it isn't a challenge, it's a cakewalk.

Getting the end result doesn't necessarily mean you made that end result. It isn't as fun, it isn't as enjoyable, and it gets boring quickly.

This analogy is applied differently here however - Here, it's the risk-reward scheme, and how it was ruined.

The inflation of the economy is something we see basicly everywhere - In real life, in game, wherever, it exists. Economics are the main part of Monolith, and FragRP as a whole. Without economics, there'd be no reason to play Monolith.

The focus of FragRP as stated in definitions is to kill people for gain, but what do you gain from a non finite amount of money that keeps being introduced into the community effortlessly? You gain nothing, literally 0. The best and definite way to make cash is gambling, and it has been like this for a long time. People made millions off of gambling and lost millions off of it, but you still have that cash, and it's sitting there.

This in tern ripped the whole drug operation into pieces, no one making drugs, and raiding becoming less and less. This also happened because of the incessent raiding which as soon as someone based they became a target, and then would subsequently get raided. Now this isn't the case as much as it was before, but raids would be called off for a couple reasons

1 - They are your friends
Organizations to sizes that honestly baffle me, which in term meant that well no one raided their mates, since it was a friend of a friend of a friend who knew your org leader, and then they'd babyrage like maniacs.

2 - They aren't worth it
They aren't worth the the 1 hr cooldown timer and the risk of losing that aug to that one AK andy who sat in pine dr 1 making weed lol.

The only people that make drugs are the new people and then they gamble their savings away and rinse and repeat until you have 6 million, but then... what do you do with that money?

Nothing. No one sells guns anymore except auctions, which basicly makes cash worthless, except if you like the 250 ping driving of VCMod. Or you like hats.

What's the end goal here? I don't really get the end goal now. This is a finite loop. No one bases anymore, so no one fights - The guns are now gaining dust because people are frankly just pussies and don't base anymore. Only people that base are new people, and they aren't worth the hassle.

iv - How to revive it.
Et finita est pugna bellum non

ooo2.png

As time goes on, it does not wait for anyone.

Acting soon is the only way to revive this.

The rules have taken a step forward to be anti-FragRP, and the distaste of FragRP is obvious in the community now, so let's let the people cope, no one should care about how the other feels, this is a video game. Stop seething about your XM8 you lost to another player. Cope with your loses. No amount of whining and complaining about ping and about raid timers and about shit like wars will get your gun back.

The main way to fix FragRP, removal of cash from the economy, lowering the grinds and making money harder to make. Add the risk back to the reward scheme, make it back to the risk-reward scheme. Stop gambling for millions upon millions which will never be used outside some dogshit car that gets ticketed thousands upon thousands every minute by the sergeant with his shotty on his back.

You too can work on reviving it - Make new orgs, insert new guns in the economy, lower prices, base, get fucking poor, build back up and play the game again in a different light - with fighting at the center. Cause chaos, assassinate mayors, cause gunfights with other groups, cause wars

Start the fight back up - No matter if you're shit or not, this game has it's ways to be enjoyable. You could be gunning down a group one day to join them the next. Leave the animosity, leave the hate, it's a game. Play it like it - I hate people in game but I talk to them bi-weekly outside of the game, even if I am basicly non-existing in this community anymore.

This server is probably one of the best ones out here, even if it's heavily flawed in some aspects, which I will not mention to not get this post locked.

Fight, so that you may lose or win. Sitting still won't do anyone good.

Stop crying for your guns. Use them instead

v - A request

Apply this, and work. This server's a grind, sure, and you can no-life it, no one's gonna give you slack for that, if they know what they're doing.

Pay mind to the grain of salt. This is a sort of rant to bring attention, so, take that into account when deciding whether you support it or not.

The founding of some of the oldest players and top players was through raiding and killing, but when it's not rewarding enough the risk isn't worth it, and when the reward is too high the risk is too low. Balance that - Start cooking, criminals, because not all the FragRPers are banned yet, and you know what that means - FragRPing isn't gone, it's just a vegetable, so fix it. Fix it to be fun.

The ramblings of a veteran.
This is barebones but it is the foundation i envision for fragRP - Whether you disagree or not, let's agree to disagree. Comments, Complaints and Criticism is always welcome

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

This touches on something I was going to mention

"What's the end goal here? I don't really get the end goal now. This is a finite loop. No one bases anymore, so no one fights - The guns are now gaining dust because people are frankly just pussies and don't base anymore."

What is the end goal? My question to those in charge is simple: how do they want the game to be played? What is good gameplay in their eyes? Because it seems that what is desirable for those in charge of the direction of the server is at odds with the risk introduced by balancing from development.

Is what those in charge want us to do, something that is, in the long term, profitable?

If not, it shouldn't be a surprise that players don't do it.

What should we be doing, CMs?

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The main way to fix FragRP, removal of cash from the economy, lowering the grinds and making money harder to make.
I think this touches on a point that Stewart made in another thread, whereby there should be some economics factor tied into banks other than "that's the place you put the crap you don't want to carry". Loans, repo men, bank raids that actually remove money from the player base to fund other players. You're completely right that macroeconomics should be the driving force behind a CityRP.

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I think this touches on a point that Stewart made in another thread, whereby there should be some economics factor tied into banks other than "that's the place you put the crap you don't want to carry". Loans, repo men, bank raids that actually remove money from the player base to fund other players. You're completely right that macroeconomics should be the driving force behind a CityRP.
I don't believe in simply punishing players for existing.

Those things are also somewhat unrealistic, in the sense that they will never be implemented for a reason or an other, who knows.

Economics are the driving force behind the society we live in irl, call me the joker or whatnot (haha funny joekr ref)
However we should give people incentive to spend (and subsequently lose) the cash they currently possess, and we should also not inflate the economy further but deflate the economy

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The reason I put so much time into monolith, is because you can play how you want, I despise the Zerg mentality. Does that mean you can’t Zerg though? No of course not, you play how you want but that doesn’t mean you aren’t open to criticism. The problem with wars now, the simple answer is just that no one bases. What’s the point in a war if all that happens are staged fights. They just aren’t the same. Raiding the one new player doing weed isn’t fun. If you are looking for a player raid you don’t have a choice, you find the first base and bust in. If people actually based you could have beef, you could have fun wars. Start basing

TheLoser27

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

"What's the end goal here? I don't really get the end goal now. This is a finite loop. No one bases anymore, so no one fights - The guns are now gaining dust because people are frankly just pussies and don't base anymore."
Look for bases it's not that hard, I will almost ALWAYS find a base, you might not find a base to raid as your normally just on cop, or probably won't raid a base cause you only got m1911's with suppressors

Lt.Wilson

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Ok I understand the point you're making.

What if I dont have an org? Like myself, many players play by themselves. I never make a base or farm because everytime I do some p.o.s robs me for my 235$ and kidnaps me for the next 20 minutes. Its a HUGE waste of my time to even attempt to buy a house and do anything.

I cant even legally farm without you people ruining my gameplay. We dont all have tons of money to buy guns. Some of us want to own a house like a normal person and do legal activities without being targeted. It's quite frustrating to hear someone say we need more raiding and killing. No offense to OP.

EDIT: Everyone is making very good counter arguments, I guess I just have a unique experience when playing as civ lol

Last edited:

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

What if I dont have an org? Like myself, many players play by themselves. I never make a base or farm because everytime I do some p.o.s robs me for my 235$ and kidnaps me for the next 20 minutes. Its a HUGE waste of my time to even attempt to buy a house and do anything.

I cant even legally farm without you people ruining my gameplay. We dont all have tons of money to buy guns. Some of us want to own a house like a normal person and do legal activities without being targeted. It's quite frustrating to hear someone say we need more raiding and killing. No offense to OP.
Everyone started solo and honestly mate i get your point but what if you were the mugger instead
what if you stole from people instead
Hang out with the right people, and you get put on the right path.

I mined for 2 hours a day coal for ketamine and i got cash for it. Good cash.
Talk to people, get jobs, work

Most importantly, get back up, because you can't come back if you don't try.

We need more raiding and killing because well that's the point of the biggest industry of the server that actually gives a biproduct - The gun industry

Why buy a gun? To shoot people, of course. Whether that's in self defense or not is a different question, but the biggest and cravest market was the gun market with XM8s and AUGs and Scars and shit which were all used to kill people and whatnot

Big Man Patty

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

False, really false. Really really false actually. The only cost for making really large amounts of money solo is just time. When your farming reaches 99 you obtain a special perk that makes farming a whole lot easier no matter if your on an owned property or not. I’ve made well over 500k in a week just by lockpicking into some random unused backyard and just farming back there for 3-4 hours a day for a week.

twofone

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Well it isn't the players fault that you can't kill them. And no one will raid you for passive rp. We all had to grind to get guns and the methods to make money so why should I be punished because you can't defend yourself.

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The reason I put so much time into monolith, is because you can play how you want, I despise the Zerg mentality. Does that mean you can’t Zerg though? No of course not, you play how you want but that doesn’t mean you aren’t open to criticism. The problem with wars now, the simple answer is just that no one bases. What’s the point in a war if all that happens are staged fights. They just aren’t the same. Raiding the one new player doing weed isn’t fun. If you are looking for a player raid you don’t have a choice, you find the first base and bust in. If people actually based you could have beef, you could have fun wars. Start basing
Zerg mentality rules because usually zergs can work on two different things and own those things, with no real problems, making them powerful - You can be succesful solo, that's really really true, you just have to be smart about it

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Zerg mentality rules because usually zergs can work on two different things and own those things, with no real problems, making them powerful - You can be succesful solo, that's really really true, you just have to be smart about it
I’m not saying Zerg mentality isn’t effective I just hate it. Especially when it’s a Zerg that fights on a 10-1 scale then talks trash

D

Deleted member 12627

Ok, I agree with one thing and one thing only in this post. The gun market is inflated due to people not wanting to bring out their big guns. People rarely use expensive weapons in fights now, best I will get is a scar or a tommy.

The rest of this is complete BS. FragRP didn’t die, the players who did it the most just got removed from the community for cheating or breaking rules like exploiting. FragRP is not dead, just too many people are friends with each other. Myself and @TheLoser27 have realized this and just raid everyone with no care. Lose some friends, make them pissed. Start a war. Stop being so buddy buddy and zerging. Be against the world and take on everything. Zerging only helps you grind, going duo, trio into a raid of 6 and winning is maximum profit and most importantly FUN. Set up a LSD base if you don’t have coke stuff so you can get raided. Make some profit while you do nothing and possibly have some fun getting raided in the process. Break the stereotype of the normal Zerg and fight everyone regardless of alliances.

I would ask, is it actually fun to grind coke with almost 0 threat of being raided? The answer is no, stop being so friendly to everyone. The game is meant for you to steal from each other.

FreeSpy

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Ok, I agree with one thing and one thing only in this post. The gun market is inflated due to people not wanting to bring out their big guns. People rarely use expensive weapons in fights now, best I will get is a scar or a tommy.

The rest of this is complete BS. FragRP didn’t die, the players who did it the most just got removed from the community for cheating or breaking rules like exploiting. FragRP is not dead, just too many people are friends with each other. Myself and @TheLoser27 have realized this and just raid everyone with no care. Lose some friends, make them pissed. Start a war. Stop being so buddy buddy and zerging. Be against the world and take on everything. Zerging only helps you grind, going duo, trio into a raid of 6 and winning is maximum profit and most importantly FUN. Set up a LSD base if you don’t have coke stuff so you can get raided. Make some profit while you do nothing and possibly have some fun getting raided in the process. Break the stereotype of the normal Zerg and fight everyone regardless of alliances.

I would ask, is it actually fun to grind coke with almost 0 threat of being raided? The answer is no, stop being so friendly to everyone. The game is meant for you to steal from each other.
Honestly my terminology wasn't perfect. I believe it's dead because well it's not what it's used to be, and it's dead because people treat it like a real offense if you betray them - I'll shoot up shit and irl friends because that's what mono is. killing people.

I agree with you on the whole post though - Zerg v Zerg is always a very interesting fight, and usually is actually more KOS on streets as much as staff hates it.

Agreeing to Disagree here. If your takes are different feel free to leave them i rep that

D

Deleted member 12627

Honestly my terminology wasn't perfect. I believe it's dead because well it's not what it's used to be, and it's dead because people treat it like a real offense if you betray them - I'll shoot up shit and irl friends because that's what mono is. killing people.

I agree with you on the whole post though - Zerg v Zerg is always a very interesting fight, and usually is actually more KOS on streets as much as staff hates it.

Agreeing to Disagree here. If your takes are different feel free to leave them i rep that
I’m fine with Zerg Vs. Zerg. Just not Zerg vs. 1 person

Arroyo

Monolith Specialist

Years of Mono

LV

The rest of this is complete BS. FragRP didn’t die, the players who did it the most just got removed from the community for cheating or breaking rules like exploiting. FragRP is not dead, just too many people are friends with each other. Myself and @TheLoser27 have realized this and just raid everyone with no care.

This is the main reason why people do not base anymore like they use to. When you hit new players with no care all they are going to do is leave the server if they are just going to be raided every 5 min. Then everyone complains why no one bases anymore ;/

D

Deleted member 12627

This is the main reason why people do not base anymore like they use to. When you hit new players with no care all they are going to do is leave the server if they are just going to be raided every 5 min. Then everyone complains why no one bases anymore ;/
No one raids new players unless you want to do something fun with them like hostage sit etc. I joined the server during the time of Mside and was raided 5-10 times every 2 hours when all I was doing was growing tomatoes. It’s a learning experience, not a hindrance. I started making guns and protecting myself and they thought twice about raiding me as I also called the cops (the cops at this time were not aids) sadly calling 911 is now the worst idea one could ever make.

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I’m perfectly fine with the so-called “lack” of FragRP. I use the quotations because I have not experienced a lack. To be fair, I wasn’t part of Monolith during Paralake and Rockford, but the current state of FragRP is perfect for me. Only a few hours ago, my friend gunned down two raiders during, well, a raid. People do pay attention to bases, and people do raid with intent to kill.

MrTaxi

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I agree, the constant paranoia makes me hate basing.