Credence

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Thread title, also what was it like after resigning ( if u have ). No responses that can cause drama plz

Clutch Master FTW

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I felt that I had to give back to the community after giving me so many good times. I gave players assistance and the opportunity to have a good time on the server, the same that others have given me back in 2017. I met so many new unique people as staff, and I was able to help those who were in need. :cool:

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

In 2016, I joined as a staff member to a community I had absolutely no idea whether it would survive its first month or not. It was in a pretty barebones state, with not much development support.

I became staff because I thought, honestly, this gamemode was pretty cool and was a paradigm shift for the gmod community, before FiveM was popping off, before any of that stuff. Santos RP surrounded itself with too much drama, so it was great to have a fresh start.

The server launched, and it was fun! It was super barebones though, as I said earlier. It plunged into 10-20 peak after a few weeks. That was pretty sad. I didn't want Monolith to die, so I applied to become a developer. This was the same year I started university - I didn't know even half of the things that I know today. @hawke ran a major campaign to take us to Rockford - and we did. I wrote a good 70% of the systems that appear in Monolith today. Still blows my mind how much I crunched to get the gamemode in a good state.

Here we are today. 5 whole years later. Christ.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In 2019, I joined as a staff member to a community I had absolutely no idea whether it would survive its first month or not. It was in a pretty barebones state, with not much development support.

I became staff because I thought, honestly, this gamemode was pretty cool and was a paradigm shift for the gmod community, before FiveM was popping off, before any of that stuff. Santos RP surrounded itself with too much drama, so it was great to have a fresh start.

The server launched, and it was fun! It was super barebones though, as I said earlier. It plunged into 10-20 peak after a few weeks. That was pretty sad. I didn't want Monolith to die, so I applied to become a developer. This was the same year I started university - I didn't know even half of the things that I know today. @hawke ran a major campaign to take us to Rockford - and we did. I wrote a good 70% of the systems that appear in Monolith today. Still blows my mind how much I crunched to get the gamemode in a good state.

Here we are today. 3 whole years later. Christ.

hop1003

Monolith Grinder
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Online school gave me way too much free time so I started to play the server more. The staffing system on monolith was really cool and I wanted to see what it was like. I also wanted to be the change (cringy right!).

but yeah, sits and stuff were just as fun as I thought they would be.

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Quite honestly having joined in 2017 thought it could be neat, my primary objective the entire time from Mod to SA was rule enforcement. This time was also, in my honest opinion, the golden age of Monolith. To me there was none of this "wanna give back" stuff I am seeing. And being from the Oceanic region was beneficial for the server during the later hours of the lower pop nights.

Only left the SA role and the server for a little while after that because of study commitments, to then return as mod and leave twice before being an idiot an causing some drama and getting banned, oops...

Now days I'm probably considered as more of a minge or ass to some. But I have my respect for the server, 5 years on and I'm still here.

If I could offer any advise from me to current or future staff;
  • Actively patrol the map in noclip, watch over clusters of people, jumping scene to scene, and only intervene via PMs to the target player advising them they are about to commit an offence. You will often find in my experience that you can prevent the accumulation of unanswered reports by catching rule violations early. Wait time for reports has quadrupled over the past few years.

hawke

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

In 2016, I joined as a staff member to a community I had absolutely no idea whether it would survive its first month or not. It was in a pretty barebones state, with not much development support.

Here we are today. 5 whole years later. Christ.
Incredible how all that time flew by. You and I just hashing out that barebones gamemode for the Rockford relaunch only for me to do it all again with @Mark on HL2 RP five years later.

I think, all in all, Monolith was and still is something special. I'm glad to have been a small part of it.

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I was hooked on the server, I played for ridiculously long periods daily. The players I met and the friends I made kept me coming back. I wanted anything and everything to do with Monolith and that included trying to become a moderator

It took me 3 tries, but I eventually got accepted (even if I had to make a cheatsheet). I was even nervous before my interview, that's how much I cared. I think I was an exception as others staffed for other communities before, but Monolith was my first time so I can't help but look back at it with nostalgia. I remember the first week after I got trained I didn't sleep until 5, it didn't matter if I was tired because I wanted to keep helping

AJACE

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

The story of Ajace

Past: Back in 2019, when I used to play Gmod on an old IMac, my older cousin who had a strong devotion and passion invited me to join the Monolith Community. Though when I attempted, I’d be stuck on a loading screen never able to get in. After a few days the interested died till September 2021.

I remember it was closing on Halloween and randomly Monolith popped in my head. So I did a little research and contacted a few people and I was in. Away from the old IMac and on my newer laptop, my journey would begin. I remember first popping in to the South Side map and being created to a mass prop pusher RDMing around 5-8 people. Ah the days… Ems was my first goto job, and while I wandered The streets searching for Randoms to heal, I looked in awe at the Police Department, for it was that I wished to RP. But I needed levels, so after many sleepless nights, and maybe a TINY bit of AFK tree farming. I was able to jump from Player level to Police level, truly becoming a police main. After a few months I’d gain enough levels to be interviewed by Shain for Chief Whitelist, passing my first try, and later applying for mentor. This is when I realized there was more to monolith then just simple RP, but I wanted to Learn more about the world, and social interactions. And better educate myself on others and solving problems. And a few weeks later I’d become Monoliths Newest Trail Mod Ajace.

Present: I joined the staff team to better expand my abilities, but also help out this community that I wanted to Improve. Now As an Administrator, I’ve learned a lot about Monolith and it’s community. And I’ve gained a passive knowledge and Skill helping Others in reports and questions, and Helping and Mentoring our current Trail Mod and Moderators in our team.

Future: I hope to continue adapting to our player base, and learning every player to help them best, I’ve always liked helping others, and here is what I strive to do. I’ll continue this path towards a better Monolith!

Some fun facts:

• I own no cars/vehicles due to me only cop maining for such a extended time

• I’ve been in the community for around 7-8 Months, staffing around half that total time.

• I don’t have a single criminal charge In the Monolith Police Database, Never been arrested.

Last edited:

Menacing

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Quite honestly having joined in 2017 thought it could be neat, my primary objective the entire time from Mod to SA was rule enforcement. This time was also, in my honest opinion, the golden age of Monolith. To me there was none of this "wanna give back" stuff I am seeing. And being from the Oceanic region was beneficial for the server during the later hours of the lower pop nights.

Only left the SA role and the server for a little while after that because of study commitments, to then return as mod and leave twice before being an idiot an causing some drama and getting banned, oops...

Now days I'm probably considered as more of a minge or ass to some. But I have my respect for the server, 5 years on and I'm still here.

If I could offer any advise from me to current or future staff;
  • Actively patrol the map in noclip, watch over clusters of people, jumping scene to scene, and only intervene via PMs to the target player advising them they are about to commit an offence. You will often find in my experience that you can prevent the accumulation of unanswered reports by catching rule violations early. Wait time for reports has quadrupled over the past few years.
can confirm this guys a ass lol

EmmieRose

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

The story of Ajace

Past: Back in 2019, when I used to play Gmod on an old IMac, my older cousin who had a strong devotion and passion invited me to join the Monolith Community. Though when I attempted, I’d be stuck on a loading screen never able to get in. After a few days the interested died till September 2021.

I remember it was closing on Halloween and randomly Monolith popped in my head. So I did a little research and contacted a few people and I was in. Away from the old IMac and on my newer laptop, my journey would begin. I remember first popping in to the South Side map and being created to a mass prop pusher RDMing around 5-8 people. Ah the days… Ems was my first goto job, and while I wandered The streets searching for Randoms to heal, I looked in awe at the Police Department, for it was that I wished to RP. But I needed levels, so after many sleepless nights, and maybe a TINY bit of AFK tree farming. I was able to jump from Player level to Police level, truly becoming a police main. After a few months I’d gain enough levels to be interviewed by Shain for Chief Whitelist, passing my first try, and later applying for mentor. This is when I realized there was more to monolith then just simple RP, but I wanted to Learn more about the world, and social interactions. And better educate myself on others and solving problems. And a few weeks later I’d become Monoliths Newest Trail Mod Ajace.

Present: I joined the staff team to better expand my abilities, but also help out this community that I wanted to Improve. Now As an Administrator, I’ve learned a lot about Monolith and it’s community. And I’ve gained a passive knowledge and Skill helping Others in reports and questions, and Helping and Mentoring our current Trail Mod and Moderators in our team.

Future: I hope to continue adapting to our player base, and learning every player to help them best, I’ve always liked helping others, and here is what I strive to do. I’ll continue this path towards a better Monolith!

Some fun facts:

• I own no cars/vehicles due to me only cop maining for such a extended time

• I’ve been in the community for around 7-8 Months, staffing around half that total time.

• I don’t have a single criminal charge In the Monolith Police Database, Never been arrested.
Quite a story Ajace, Thank you for sharing