Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: Peco
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:94151248
Your Character Name: Leonard Church

Target Steam Name: Marcotis Green
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:0:62196932
Target Character Name (if known): Mark Green

Request reason: He scammed me out of 60 USD ( which I know is not a lot of money) but Paypal cant refund me and I was hoping to see if action can be done towards the player to stop this from occurring in the future. So the story starts with him asking me to buy him premium for a few months, which as you already know cant happen. ( which should have been my first red flag). But ultimately he paid up in in-game cash. few days go by, and he asks me again. where he pays up ( again ). Then after a long day of fixing my Gmod ( which ironically is right before my graphics card arrives so I could record these transactions.) I tell him that I managed to get my hands on some money and if he was interested he said yes and negotiations proceeded. We ultimately settled on 525k and that was all. so I sent him the cash and he left. It's a real shame to me, not that I'm losing 60 USD but that I could have used it to give someone else a shot at being premium. And its people like this that really hurt the community. I don't know if this proof is enough to have any action taken. so that sucks!
When did the situation occur?: At around 12:10 AM EST
Your evidence to support your claim: Some Gyzo screenshots
They are in order ( I hope )
1.https://gyazo.com/755dc260b24e5889a7c549a34d5d781e
2.https://gyazo.com/4245cc9c5b06b30ed9e7f3d6c1e369aa
3.https://gyazo.com/253c108dc08ff03a05138361ccf467b6
4.https://gyazo.com/20b0b8e2005c547c2be8d307454b7647
5.https://gyazo.com/d59d570ae81e032ce0e35e2f215b6d68
6.https://gyazo.com/431ff3c8a747a5f7728f13c38211d31e
7.https://gyazo.com/9fb267b7e1c75bfebaf325608a7ed0cb
Additional members involved/witnessing- No unfortunately

This ultimately boils down to my stupidity, but if there is anything that can be done on my part don't be afraid to contact me on the forums or in-game.

Ali

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Pro Streamer Dikran

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

You've failed to supply any evidence that I did not send you money, in which you didn't spend, give away, or transfer. I completed 3 trades with you already, and you seemed to want more every time, in which I fulfilled. You've just sent screenshots of our agreements and haven't provided any proof that I have scammed you.

Peco

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

That’s the ironic part. Unless the server keeps track of my ingame transactions I have no proof other than the screen shots because I can’t record. But I decided to make the report anyway

Peco

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

And also it’s 4 transactions including the 60 Doller one where you scammed me check your facts

Pro Streamer Dikran

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

And also it’s 4 transactions including the 60 Doller one where you scammed me check your facts
I didn't include the 4th one, as you are currently using it to accuse me.

Peco

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Fair enough. Though I still don’t see why you did what you did. That’s 3 transactions that were all successful and now you just cut it all off for 60 dollars.. only 60 dollars. It still blows my mind

Pro Streamer Dikran

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Fair enough. Though I still don’t see why you did what you did. That’s 3 transactions that were all successful and now you just cut it all off for 60 dollars.. only 60 dollars. It still blows my mind
I would like this conversation to end, as you have no evidence and are just trying to slander my name.

Peco

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Which is for a good reason as I never recived any money.

Peco

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

People deserve to know

Pro Streamer Dikran

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

People deserve to know
Know what? You still haven't provided any evidence that proves I haven't paid you, yet you continue to slander my name. I will not reply anymore, unless it is a staff member speaking.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

This will be closed for futher review.

Gurra

Community Director
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Pro Streamer Dikran , at which time do you claim the trades in-game happened? Which date? In addition to that, please show me your receipt from purchasing Premium Membership.

You both essentially admitted to breaking the rule regarding in-game trades. We only allow direct trades of Premium where the person trading Premium purchases it himself for the other party - not by sending the other party money expecting him to purchase Premium.

Hence, you will both be banned for two weeks each for now. Even if @Peco thought the money was gonna be used for Premium, it was extremely ignorant to not see how the trading rule was broken by sending money directly to the other party - and not only money for Premium, but a whole 60 USD.

Since the whole trade was prohibited by the rules - I'll offer one chance for @Pro Streamer Dikran to refund the entire amount (not by sending the same amount of money to Peco, but by using the refund option in PayPal).

Last edited:

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

In addition to that, the act of "scamming" someone is fraud, and therefore a crime. Either you refund that amount via the refund option on PayPal, and provide proof here that you did, or you'll be removed from the community. You may, and should, blurr out any personal data though.

Pro Streamer Dikran

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

In addition to that, the act of "scamming" someone is fraud, and therefore a crime. Either you refund that amount via the refund option on PayPal, and provide proof here that you did, or you'll be removed from the community. You may, and should, blurr out any personal data though.

@Stuvi I have not been banned for scamming, I have been banned for the act of purchasing real money with ingame money, therefore I do not see why I would have to refund it, unless I received the money I paid to Peco in full.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

@Stuvi I have not been banned for scamming, I have been banned for the act of purchasing real money with ingame money, therefore I do not see why I would have to refund it, unless I received the money I paid to Peco in full.
You're not understanding, he sent you 60$ for ingame money that he hasn't received. Either you refund those 60$ via the PayPal refund option or you're in more trouble than the two week ban for exchanging virtual goods for real money.

Pro Streamer Dikran

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

You're not understanding, he sent you 60$ for ingame money that he hasn't received. Either you refund those 60$ via the PayPal refund option or you're in more trouble than the two week ban for exchanging virtual goods for real money.
He's shown you our agreements but has failed to show anything upon the topic of not receiving the money that he has not spent, given away or transferred. I don't want to come off as rude but I would appreciate if you relooked over his screenshots and replies to our previous conversation.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Refund the payment or you'll be gone for good. You're the one commiting fraud here. Final warning

Pro Streamer Dikran

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Refund the payment or you'll be gone for good. You're the one commiting fraud here. Final warning
I would be willing to refund the money and can continue to resolve this, as long as there is concrete evidence he hasn't given away, transferred or used any of the money and has proof he did not receive it. As I've been a member for over 1 and a half years, I'd prefer not to lose ties with this community.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

As you're a member for such a long time you certainly should know not to commit fraud. You have 24 hours to refund the payment via PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.