legume sundae

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hello guys!

there is this terrible bug going around called "ugficons.ttf" where people freeze or time out while trying to connect because of a font not downloading, I found a fix.

First: Download any font you like and MAKE SURE IT IS IN THE .TTF FILE FORMAT! EG This (link)

Secondly: Extract the font, and get the (or one of) the .ttf files, drag it into this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\resource\fonts
or the same location in your steam installation.

Thirdly: Rename the dragged in file to: "ugficons" or whatever other fonts the game won't download.

Start it up, and try. Even if you could load, but it would take ages, I now load in literally 5-10 minutes, instead of timing out.

I will continue to update this thread as I want to keep everyone informed and make sure everyone can play.

Please don't close this until the issue is fully solved or I choose to no longer update the thread. (Hopefully never!)

- Mosey :)

(Montague Powski in game)

Father of the Liberti Familia

tibsterbob#2139 for any questions!

Supreme

Administrator
Administrator
Marketing Team
Event Team
Recruitment Team
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I literally have this problem every time I log in, I have found that the best way to get through that is run 64 bit, and just let it load. It does take a bit more time once it hits "Ugficons" but normally if I just wait it out it eventually starts up Lua.

Shabzino

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Followed the steps but now that I have a font downloaded and renamed to ugficons it freezes at almost the place except with different font names. Do I have to keep adding more and more fonts until it eventually stops?

legume sundae

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Followed the steps but now that I have a font downloaded and renamed to ugficons it freezes at almost the place except with different font names. Do I have to keep adding more and more fonts until it eventually stops?
Hey man! Just woke up! Yeah sadly.. I had this "FontAwesome" thingy and then it worked? Try right clicking on garry's mod in your steam library, clicking properties, betas, do the chromium x86 + 64bit, launch it in 64bit. But before you launch it, yes, you need to repeat it with other .ttf files.

legume sundae

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I literally have this problem every time I log in, I have found that the best way to get through that is run 64 bit, and just let it load. It does take a bit more time once it hits "Ugficons" but normally if I just wait it out it eventually starts up Lua.
Yeah, but I don't always run with lots of time, like I'll chill when I'm gonna play soon then I lose some time, so it really helps to have it for me.

Bear

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I thought I was the only one with this problem lol

Memo

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

i have this problem as well just wait it out