GHOST_023

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Type of feedback: suggestion

Title: a solution to the deceive Id problem

Context:
(I am moving this from GitHub to the forums for ease of use)

Describe The Feature
A system to allow detectives to equip armor (either through a keybind, car trunk item (same menu as barricades for police but for detective cars), or inventory item) that says POLICE on their model that way they can be easily identified when on scene.

Why Would You Like This Feature?​

It would add more realistic elements to PD detectives and reduce FF and give criminals an easier time determining who's a cop or not.

Suggested Solution​

Add a Gov issue "POLICE Vest" to detectives inventory this item would be purely cosmetic and when you click "use" in the inventory it would appear on your model similar to how cosmetic event hats work. the model itself should just be a vest that says POLICE in bold text on the front and back.

Considered Alternatives​

a system I considered was if a detective pulls out their badge and left clicks on someone (or this could work from the E menu) this would "Identify them as a cop" and you'd see a yellow badge icon appear above their head (or next to their name) that can be seen while within voice range. this icon would persist until either the detective or cop/ person they identified to dies or quits their job (Thus obeying NLR).

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I don't know if we are going to implement it this way, but we will try to find a way to have this problem solved once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.