MRP Add pulling out weapon notification

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
Description of suggestion: (Provide a detailed description of what you are suggesting)
When pulling out a weapon that is already equipped, show text above someone's head or a physical animation that they are pulling the weapon out, and leave a timer on someone's screen when they select a weapon from the hotbar before it appears in their hand. This could vary in time from machetes to tasers, to pistols and class 3's. Training at the gun range could decrease the time it takes to unholster a weapon.
Reason why it should be added: (Explain why your suggestion should be implemented)
1) No one can pull a large rifle from their back into the low ready position immediately and unnoticeably. A simple argument from realism here.
2) This would force people to consider roleplaying things out rather than pulling their weapon while bunny hopping around to try and frag as many people as they can before death.
3) This adds to roleplay in terms of clarity for when cops should be shooting civilians - reaching for a weapon becomes clear.
4) This adds to roleplay in terms of being able to talk someone down - at the moment all another player sees is a gun appear immediately in someone's hand, meaning they kill or be killed. Having a timer to talk them out of it allows more roleplay.
5) This slows the pace of the server - everyone is complaining they just get insta killed and have no time to respond, roleplay or talk before being fragged.
6) For everyone saying -support, consider this: with all the complaints from all sides - cops, civs and criminals - about gunplay, surely keeping things the same will not improve the quality of experience. Everyone seems to blame everyone else instead of looking within themselves and seeing what they can change, so why not change something external to the players instead? This isn't CSGO, if you want immediate weapon equip times so you can frag en masse, you're quite simply playing the wrong game. Surprisingly, people don't actually appreciate getting sprayed upon for the smallest thing.
7) This evens out the disparity between pistols and class 3s that bullies newer players - a class 3 is more dangerous but a pistol can be pulled out quicker.
8) This system already exists as some guns do take longer to equip than others, but it isn't visible to all and ends with people getting shot before their guns even come off safety.

HuskyD0G

Monolith Senior
Mar 23, 2020
Yee haw land
They do something like this on other servers and I cannot describe how infuriating it is. I realize it may seem like a good idea in retrospect, but it’s just going to make people upset. Stop comparing fragRP to CSGO btw. They are completely different entities, and should not be compared at all. When people equip for a bank raid of course they want it to be fast, otherwise any cops might gun them down. I think the current equip system is fine the way it is and does not need changing. The only thing broken with the system right now is that it might need to take longer to equip a class 3. Pistols should stay the same however.

-support

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
They do something like this on other servers and I cannot describe how infuriating it is. I realize it may seem like a good idea in retrospect, but it’s just going to make people upset. Stop comparing fragRP to CSGO btw. They are completely different entities, and should not be compared at all. When people equip for a bank raid of course they want it to be fast, otherwise any cops might gun them down. I think the current equip system is fine the way it is and does not need changing. The only thing broken with the system right now is that it might need to take longer to equip a class 3. Pistols should stay the same however.

-support
That's the thing though - people shouldn't be equipping for a bank raid with cops there. When have you ever seen a bank robbery in which the robbers equipped their guns once they got inside, or even sillier, asked a bank teller to provide them with a gun and then rob the bank in full view of the cops. It clearly needs better planning - this situation you describe just leads to meaningless cop deaths without any rp. They're in the bank, then they die.

Alphadef

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Report Management
Media Creator
Event Team
Jul 1, 2020
Stewart has a point. Maybe don't start your bank raid in the actual bank with cops in it then?

Alphadef

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Report Management
Media Creator
Event Team
Jul 1, 2020
Hesitant +support, depends on how harsh the timer is

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
Hesitant +support, depends on how harsh the timer is
I meant like half a second to a second just to show “reaching” bc rn it just spawns in your arms in terms of worldmodel

Joe Bobby

Monolith Rookie
Apr 28, 2019
+support

If people wanna roll with primarys then they should have to equip them beforehand. The pulling an ak47 out of the magical hole in your ass trick is annoying and makes using pistols redundant. Primaries equip so fast that you barely notice the enemy player equipping before they have a vector in your face. They should add time to equipping primarys as well as adding a clear notification that people are equipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: StewartJames

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
+support

If people wanna roll with primarys then they should have to equip them beforehand. The pulling an ak47 out of the magical hole in your ass trick is annoying and makes using pistols redundant. Primaries equip so fast that you barely notice the enemy player equipping before they have a vector in your face. They should add time to equipping primarys as well as adding a clear notification that people are equipping.
exactly lol it's like being robbed by Derren Brown

• Haha
Reactions: Joe Bobby

Big Man Patty

Monolith Pleb
Mar 20, 2020
Gusev Crater, Mars
www.youtube.com
That's the thing though - people shouldn't be equipping for a bank raid with cops there. When have you ever seen a bank robbery in which the robbers equipped their guns once they got inside, or even sillier, asked a bank teller to provide them with a gun and then rob the bank in full view of the cops. It clearly needs better planning - this situation you describe just leads to meaningless cop deaths without any rp. They're in the bank, then they die.
This is easily the worst suggestion I’ve ever seen, -support.

TheLoser27

Monolith Grinder
Apr 7, 2018
-support it says when someone's equipping rn, it might be bugged yes and say someone's equipping a gun when it's Kevlar but it still shows them equipping an item.
I meant like half a second to a second just to show “reaching” bc rn it just spawns in your arms in terms of worldmodel
.5 to 1 sec delay on what? You know it takes 5 secs to equip a gun right?

Big Man Patty

Monolith Pleb
Mar 20, 2020
Gusev Crater, Mars
www.youtube.com
And this is easily the dumbest response I've ever seen. Your just gonna say an idea is bad without even coming up with a reason why?
Spot on, that's exactly what I did!

Thegamingshain

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Event Team
Police Supervisor
Nov 3, 2019
Isnt there already a notification for equipping a weapon over players head
that's when they're equipping from they're inventory I believe. he's talking about pulling the gun from the scroll menu and it showing a notification

Tyler Park

Monolith Veteran
Jul 30, 2019
Canada
Honestly this sounds like the pd is tried of getting flicked on by some kid whipping a vector out of his ass , But in my opinion this is still not a good idea due to the fact cops power game with their guns out 247 giving them a way higher advantage than they already have and have had for the past year. -support stop attempting to stop "frag rp" entirely because you get fragged.

Reactions: Mazen

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
Honestly this sounds like the pd is tried of getting flicked on by some kid whipping a vector out of his ass , But in my opinion this is still not a good idea due to the fact cops power game with their guns out 247 giving them a way higher advantage than they already have and have had for the past year. -support stop attempting to stop "frag rp" entirely because you get fragged.
I spent 20 minutes on a death screen trying to get from hospital to PD unarmed as a cop.

Not sure that's the intended gameplay loop even if it is enjoyable for criminals to shoot people.