• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

SUGGESTION Addition to Mono-Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

DystopianRaven

Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
Maybe TJ already has this in mind but I don't see it anywhere so here it is :þ

Back Story:
So currently at the time of typing this, most will be aware from the Mono Trello that the devs are working on Operation: Truenorth which obviously hints towards a map change. One of the biggest challenges for myself and others is getting used to the map and layout, especially while roleplaying in the police. The biggest problem here is that no one can ever give a good location callout leading to mass confusion and arguments over comms.

Suggestion:
What I am suggesting is either for there to be road names visible on the map/ GPS somehow. Which could be done in a number of was (Don't know if this is completely possible so don't rip my head off please):

1. Basic text on top of the road from map view, whether in the mono-map, GPS, etc.... Such as TJ's mono-map overhaul Trello card.
  2. Possibly integrate a text box next to that gives a live readout of what road your character is on (only for those that have a GPS of course).

Even just a basic edit of the mono-map to show Road names, House/apartment numbers and Landmark names... This could greatly improve player coordination and teamwork, allowing for quicker callouts over police comms.

Nov 16, 2018
+support

Chris Heist

Banned
Banned
Nov 19, 2018
Austria
+Support

They could just do a Monomap Re-vamp with streets and then add the street to the bottom of the screen kinda like GTA and R6S does it.

DystopianRaven

Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
-support people will get used to the map it will only take a few days to memorize it
It's not about memorising it, it's about making communications better with legit road names people can look up to communicate without having to describe everything around them all the time.

All maps these days have road names on them, police generally would have a GPS readout these days allowing them to see what road they are on before the call something out to dispatch or another unit... Its a lot better than saying Im in at the house next tot he forest which could mean anything

DystopianRaven

Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
Map images for the transition to Truenorth have yet to be ticked off... if anything, for the time being, just the simple addition of road names/ place names/ house numbers on the map would make a huge difference.

It would greatly increase the efficiency of the police in comms eliminating toxic and useless callouts. But also help new players, as experience ones can tell them what street to find stuff on.

Johnny Wick

Aug 9, 2017
A cramped room with a s**t computer
+support
Maybe the GPS from gas stations could have more of a purpose? If you buy the GPS you get guided to your destination AND street names show up. Also truenorth is a hella sexy map

GinoL

Dec 24, 2018
Perpheads has a street name system for themselves. On the GPS over there you could toggle street names.

Perhaps a similar system could be introduced to the mono map?

Johnny Wick

Aug 9, 2017
Perpheads has a street name system for themselves. On the GPS over there you could toggle street names.

Perhaps a similar system could be introduced to the mono map?
I thought PERP died?

GinoL

Dec 24, 2018
I thought PERP died?
It's a really long story with perp. It may have a decent amount of players today but it's dead to me and to many veteran players since its Golden Age passed away many years ago.

I really recommend people stay away from there since the community is so toxic and new player unfriendly.

If you want the full story you'll have to PM me since I don't wanna advertise it by accident.

Johnny Wick

Aug 9, 2017
It's a really long story with perp. It may have a decent amount of players today but it's dead to me and to many veteran players since its Golden Age passed away many years ago.

I really recommend people stay away from there since the community is so toxic and new player unfriendly.

If you want the full story you'll have to PM me since I don't wanna advertise it by accident.
Yeah it's cool man. Used to play there a while ago. Only thing bad about it was how vanilla it was and the terrible weapon system. Gives me shivers whenever I walk through Paralake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom