MRP Additional Radio Channels for Govt.

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetAs

Apr 18, 2019
Description of suggestion: Adding additional radio channels for Govt. staff like police, fire and EMS.

Reason why it should be added: It seems when someone thinks they haven't been heard they just repeat themselves over and over and lately I've just been keeping my radio off 24/7 to avoid a headache.

For example, situations where there might be a meeting, pursuit, and raid going on at the same time, allowing other channels for those officers/other staff to connect to to stay connected to all involved, and also stops random people signing on as cop, coming right to the situation without telling anyone, and escalating everything to the point of another shootout.

Related content: N/A

TLDR Add extra radio channels so when we are in a pursuit or something we can all be in the same channel and avoid mic spam.

-Support The current radio system, is already set up has it is in real life. I don't think it should change.

Reactions: SweetAs

thtgeekydude

Banned
Banned
Jul 21, 2018
-support, cops can still use separate channels themselves and if wished could easily work around somebody mic spamming such as a demotion.

Reactions: Mazen and SweetAs

SweetAs

Apr 18, 2019
If you're against it, could you please describe how it would negatively impact your game and why you are opposed to it?
It seems like you've just said you like the way it is without exactly saying why this is a bad idea or why you are against it..
Appreciate the feedback nonetheless.

Reactions: gm1003

ArcticSalad

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Jun 2, 2018
Canada
I think this would just be over complicating the radio and make it confusing, especially for new players. There would be way too many officers sitting on the wrong radio channels at the wrong times, whether it be intentional or totally accidental. This means that they won't receive the callouts they need to hear, and won't receive the backup they need to have.

I honestly see officers leaving their radio turned off for extended periods of time as an issue, and I would demote them as the sheriff or captain.

The best solution to the problem you speak of would simply be for the supervisors to do their job of regulating the radio - and I see them do it very well all the time. It's a shame when that isn't the case, but don't be afraid to step in yourself or talk to a supervisor about the issue - sometimes a friendly reminder or two is all it takes.

Rondell

Aug 2, 2018
Tennessee
I think this would just be over complicating the radio and make it confusing, especially for new players. There would be way too many officers sitting on the wrong radio channels at the wrong times, whether it be intentional or totally accidental. This means that they won't receive the callouts they need to hear, and won't receive the backup they need to have.

I honestly see officers leaving their radio turned off for extended periods of time as an issue, and I would demote them as the sheriff or captain.

The best solution to the problem you speak of would simply be for the supervisors to do their job of regulating the radio - and I see them do it very well all the time. It's a shame when that isn't the case, but don't be afraid to step in yourself or talk to a supervisor about the issue - sometimes a friendly reminder or two is all it takes.
Pretty much what ArcticSalad has said.

-support, cops can still use separate channels themselves and if wished could easily work around somebody mic spamming such as a demotion.
and What Thtgeekydude said, if you believe that you necessarily need to be on a separate radio channel, you can open the radio panel up, and switch to a different frequency, or you can just turn the radio off if in a meeting or at a traffic stop or something so you can hear whats being said..

I don't really so a problem with our current radio setup, so why try to fix whats not broken? -support.

SweetAs

Apr 18, 2019
It was my understanding that the other channel I could access were one for fire, one for EMS, and one for Prison guards.
I may just have things confused, and what I am looking for may already exist.
Regardless, if people don't think it's necessary I can agree, and there is always Discord.
Cheers for everyone's input :)

• Wow
Reactions: Alex Anderson

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
Get your employees under control as sheriff and captain.

Denied.

Reactions: SweetAs and Mazen
Status
Not open for further replies.