Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Steam Name: Alpha
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:164478836
Your Character Name: Joe Snow

Ban Length: 3 Days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @TheCrustyPlayer™

Ban Reason: Staff Disrespect
Unban Reason: I had just finished from a sit, involving Mr.Alex, TheCrustyPlayer and another person (isn't relevant to current ban appeal). The sit did not go my way as nothing could be done with the evidence I had given at that time. Roughly 5 minutes after the sit had ended, I proceeded to iMessage Mr.Alex (Paul Jones) saying something like, "You're a
Cunt
you know". A minute or so after I had sent that message I was sent to the ban screen for "Staff Disrespect". I believe this is unjustified due to the fact that iMessage is IC (In Character), and I am fully aware of the rules regarding OOC and IC not merging. Previously to this day I have had issues with him due to him joining a rival organisation which I am not too fond of. We are friends sometimes, but not always. Even if TheCrustyPlayer believes the intent to that message had arose from the prior sit that had just taken place, it wasn't. Yes, I will admit it had enhanced my anger, but like I previously stated, I know the rules regarding OOC and IC not merging. Therefore, I believe the ban was not justified due to the "disrespect" being in character and not OOC. If I had !pm'd him saying the same things, I would completely understand the ban, however it was not. We had issues in character prior to this situation leading to my anger. Surely I have the right of disrespecting people in character for solely IC reasons. After finding out more information, it turned out Mr.Alex was on duty (which I was completely unaware of) and at the point I used the IC way of contacting him, therefore I meant it to be targeted at his Character not him. If it helps: Evidence

Time of Occurrence: 19:39 GMT
Additional members involved/witnessing: @Mr.Alex
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes I read them prior to this Appeal's creation.

Last edited:

TheCrustyPlayer™

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Hello @Alpha i am going to go ahead and Accept your appeal on the basis that i banned you on information that is not clearly miscommunicated to me. i was informed that you PM'd what you said and that has not become clear that it was sent over IC.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.