Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Steam Name: Carbon Fehrenhite
Your SteamID32(You can obtain this from steamid.io): STEAM_0:1:418812421
Your Character Name: Jeremy Goldberg

Ban Length: 3 Days
Banning Staff Member (@AdminName to mention the staff member): @Sneaky.

Ban Reason: Continuous Racism
Unban Reason: The rule in question states that my in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree, however if other players are uncomfortable I have to stop. Nobody that I have ever been offensive near told me or acted in a manner which suggested that I would have to stop. The rule is very vague when it comes to in-character offensive / racist behavior, stating a "Certain degree". I never used any derogatory slurs or ethnic slurs in any fashion in the server. Sneaky stated that any IC racism does not exist (Which this rule clearly states, exists and is tolerated to a certain, unexplained, degree.) and that ethnic/derogatory slurs are the same as in game racism of any sort or offensive behavior during a sit (Which plainly makes no sense whatsoever).

As I was not in a situation where people were feeling offensive, and I was in a situation where my character was being arrested, I felt it would enhance the roleplay experience and give me more immersion, along with the other players, if I added anger and frustration to the scenario. That is why I screamed outrageous claims of treason and other things that somebody might say, and I said something along the lines of "Darn dark skin" when the dark colored officer arrested me for 45 minutes (which is a serious penalty, so I felt it would only be right to be this frustrated).

Sneaky displayed a lack of understanding of this rule in particular. He has no right to judge my in-game behavior in a scenario where the rules explicitly state that other players, NOT THE STAFF, determine when to stop or not. If I am wrong, then this rule gives the staff too much leeway in how they handle things they consider offensive. If I am right, then the staff needs more guidance on how to handle this. In both situations, the rule in this manner is incredibly vague and so I made use of it to immerse myself in roleplay.

This is more of a political ban than something that came from the rules. Sneaky has been the only person to directly complain to me about this form of rule breaking, and he has been extremely one sided the entire time. I feel that a ban for something that is
a) incredibly vaguely described in the rules
b) explicitly stated to be determined by player's opinions in-game
c) misrepresented and misunderstood by the staff member in question
d) incredibly political in the way it can be handled
e) a topic of sensitivity and mostly emotions
should be reconsidered as it is most likely something that should not have happened.

We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character.

Time of Occurrence: (1/11/2021 09:01 GMT)
Additional members involved/witnessing: Sneaky
Read, understood and followed ban appeal rules?: Yes

Sneaky.

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

1. We do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, such as racism, homophobia etc., within the community - especially Out-Of-Character. Your in-game character may be offensive to a certain degree HOWEVER, once players feel uncomfortable you have to stop immediately. Be observant and considerate. Things like the N-word and other ethnic slurs are never acceptable - neither Out-Of-Character nor In-Character.

Hello, @Arbon. I have dealt with you several times within the past couple of days and explained this rule many times to you. While you MAY be offensive to a certain degree the rule states we do not tolerate derogatory slurs towards any group of people, so while you can be rude or an asshole in character you may not target certain groups of people or be outright racist homophobic etc. I think you have a major misunderstanding of this rule, in no way does it state that you are allowed to be racist in game for RP. You even admitted yourself it was "IC Racism". After several reports of people feeling uncomfortable with your actions and warning your several times myself you continued, which led to your ban.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.