StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

This isn't a complaint- I'm genuinley curious!

A lot of the time I play as a bank guard when I lose the will to live as a cop- I'm naturally cheerful and so generally speaking I act as what the UK might call a community support officer and this leads to bank work as well, as the best crime prevention is to build trust in the community.

Trouble is, that can mean mutual playing and messing around with other players- usually initiated by them. This can include play fighting and tricking one another in job unrelated ways. However this has lead to trouble when turning a blind eye to petty crime in pursuit or prevention of more serious offenses- cloaked admins pick me up, and I've received warning points over this, while it's very difficult to articulate the thinking behind certain decisions as an officer to someone who quite rightly thinks they've seen all there is to see!

Is this generally not accepted on this server? Is it just not enforcing all laws or should cops avoid keeping a human face? (I realise it's a US server and have little idea of the differences in operating procedure over there) If so, what other ways can we work to unify police and other players in RP?

Thanks guys! And no negativity just I've never come across this before so I'd love to clarify so I can contribute best to the community !

X

Last edited:

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Hey there Stewart! We love too see constructive, and kind feedback of our team, and we encourage questions and inquires, but to go off of what you’ve depicted, you can fool around all you want, we all play to have fun and enjoy our time here. But there’s rules set in place to prevent some users fun from ruining other users fun.
As an example, say you’re on bank security and someone raids the bank. If you turn a blind eye so you can mess around with your friends, the person robbing the bank isn’t challenged, and there’s no fun there. This could be seen as FailRP.
As a staff member, we don’t “think that’s all too be seen” but you have to understand, that sometimes it’s all we see. We’re always watching, sure, but we aren’t everywhere all the time. So when we see a group of players with the same job or agenda, messing around and ruining others fun and role play, of course we’re going to step in.
We surely support everyone having a good time, but we’re not keen to seeing players disobey or disregard their jobs duties or abusing their jobs duty. Yet, like i’ve said, I’m not sure what happened with your staff situation but you need to understand our point of view. If a report is made against you, then you’re ruining someone’s fun.
Hopefully this can clear any misconceptions!

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

That's awesome, thanks a bunch, it helps to clock it's under the failrp rule! I've never seen cloaked admins looking out for failrp without reports made- on other servers they usually just search for proppush etc. That shows a really well made and dedicated staff team! Thanks again
Hey there Stewart! We love too see constructive, and kind feedback of our team, and we encourage questions and inquires, but to go off of what you’ve depicted, you can fool around all you want, we all play to have fun and enjoy our time here. But there’s rules set in place to prevent some users fun from ruining other users fun.
As an example, say you’re on bank security and someone raids the bank. If you turn a blind eye so you can mess around with your friends, the person robbing the bank isn’t challenged, and there’s no fun there. This could be seen as FailRP.
As a staff member, we don’t “think that’s all too be seen” but you have to understand, that sometimes it’s all we see. We’re always watching, sure, but we aren’t everywhere all the time. So when we see a group of players with the same job or agenda, messing around and ruining others fun and role play, of course we’re going to step in.
We surely support everyone having a good time, but we’re not keen to seeing players disobey or disregard their jobs duties or abusing their jobs duty. Yet, like i’ve said, I’m not sure what happened with your staff situation but you need to understand our point of view. If a report is made against you, then you’re ruining someone’s fun.
Hopefully this can clear any misconceptions!

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

We look for a variety of things while we’re in no clip. If you need any clarifications on rules just ask in !help or ask myself