rxsm

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

If medics healing cops which takes ~1 second is failing to value their life, why is cops confiscating someones guns while in the middle of shooting not FTVL also? If a room is cleared and the only shooters are elsewhere where you arent in danger sure... but it shouldn't be allowed to confiscate guns while still being shot at

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I’ve been asking for this for a long time

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I would argue that it kind of is FTVL. However, I think it is something that should be more clearly defined in the rules and should apply to both sides (criminals looting off of other criminals during a gun fight and PD looting off of criminals)

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I would argue that it kind of is FTVL. However, I think it is something that should be more clearly defined in the rules and should apply to both sides (criminals looting off of other criminals during a gun fight and PD looting off of criminals)
Well here’s my thinking how can a cop run out and grab a class 3 then die they magically it teleports to the confitcation locker. It makes no sense

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

One big fix I think would be making it where it takes time to confiscate items from players and it could be like this

Confitcating Out of combat timer is 5 seconds

Confitcating in combat timer is 10 seconds

rxsm

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Maybe add a confiscating timer from containers like floor items?

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Devil's advocate but it's more reasonable to think of a cop taking a gun from someone during a conflict if they sense a moment of weakness than it is to think of a combat medic running into a firefight to sew up a bullet wound.

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Devil's advocate but it's more reasonable to think of a cop taking a gun from someone during a conflict if they sense a moment of weakness than it is to think of a combat medic running into a firefight to sew up a bullet wound.
Yes but then that cop dying and it now being forever lost?

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I think it’s more Realistic that a medic can heal someone mid fight than a cop making a gun disappear by going up to a body

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I think it’s more Realistic that a medic can heal someone mid fight than a cop making a gun disappear by going up to a body
To be fair they are both incredibly unrealistic. Although, I really like your solution with differentiating confiscate times based on if you are in combat or out of combat. I also think it would be pretty cool if a similar mechanic was applied that didn't allow medics to heal people who were in combat state.

rxsm

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

yeah but the fact a cop can right click on a gun, instantly confiscate it and die a whole 0.1 seconds later and yet the gun is completely 100% gone

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Arthgallo Trefynwy

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Wh
yeah but the fact a cop can right click on a gun, instantly confiscate it and die a whole 0.1 seconds later and yet the gun is completely 100% gone
What are you talking about cop pockets are known to contain black holes

FallenderMond

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I don't see it as FTVL as the downed suspect can potentially be revived or may be knocked unconscious. For all the officer knows, the suspect might get back up and open fire on officers.
Also, this is to prevent random civilians (or crew members) from running up to the body and grabbing the gun and opening fire on officers. (As I've seen plenty of times)

I don't see why it should take longer then it already takes to confiscate firearms. You already have to go to the body, open the inventory, drag the firearm into your inventory to begin confiscating it. Adding a timer as long as 5/10 seconds will make it extremely hard for officers to secure the scene as when we clear a building and kill a few criminals we need to confiscate the firearms, then quickly move into the next room to engage in any potential combat.
Making us sit there for 10 seconds will make securing a scene far harder as they will be extremely vulnerable (having to sit still for 10 seconds) and takes important time away from engaging in more combat possibly in the next room.

Last edited:

rxsm

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I don't see it as FTVL as the downed suspect can potentially be revived or may be knocked unconscious. For all the officer knows, the suspect might get back up and open fire on officers.
Also, this is to prevent random civilians (or crew members) from running up to the body and grabbing the gun and opening fire on officers. (As I've seen plenty of times)

I don't see why it should take longer then it already takes to confiscate firearms. You already have to go to the body, open the inventory, drag the firearm into your inventory to begin confiscating it. Adding a timer as long as 5/10 seconds will make it extremely hard for officers to secure the scene as when we clear a building and kill a few criminals we need to confiscate the firearms, then quickly move into the next room to engage in any potential combat.
Making us sit there for 10 seconds will make securing a scene far harder as they will be extremely vulnerable (having to sit still for 10 seconds) and takes important time away from engaging in more combat possibly in the next room.
not just FTVL, but the fact the gun quite literally disappears, and if he were to not know his life were to be in danger and died 2 seconds later, the gun is completely gone.

heyitskev

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I think that's really the whole argument here. If there are still active shooters in the next room, I think your priority as PD should be to stop the shooters, not confiscate the firearms.

shain

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I can agree and I can also disagree, I do think there should be a mechanic for officers when confiscating class 3’s. But an officer taking a gun away from a suspect shouldn’t have to be an issue. It’s keeping the officer safe and civs safe too, by doing this it can prevent civilians from obtaining class 3 from a dead suspect. While said officer is shooting.

Reactions: DK.

Official Car Mechanic

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It is understandable from a cop's main perspective to get the weapon away from the criminal ASAP because yes the criminal could get revived and could be a threat. Taking the weapon takes away the threat element.

However, I do believe it is really stupid that the gun just disappears. Maybe a system where the weapon stays with the officer until he has taken the weapon to the evidence locker, and in the case that he doesn't bring it to evidence it will automatically go there after 5 minutes. That gives the criminals on the scene a chance to kill the officer and get the weapon back and the officers a chance to take the weapon to evidence.