FEEDBACK Cooking update FEEDBACK

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JucaMais

Monolith Grinder
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
COOKING UPDATE FEEDBACK

Hello, this post is feedback on the recent Cooking Update that took place a few days ago. Along with my opinion and that of some people, i will say our thoughts in order for this post to be seen by the developers so that they can improve this new mechanic and make it something enjoyable.

I've been playing these days and i even participated in the beta tests before the new cooking was released. Im saying this not to create some kind of "authority argument", but to show that I believe I have played enough the Cooking Update to give a decent opinion. As I said before, this feedback is also based on other people's opinions too. With that being introduced i would like to point the 3 Main Issues that i believe is taking all the fun/enjoyment that this update could bring:

1. COOKING DURATION FOR EACH RECIPE IS TOO HIGH.

- Recipes take a long, unnecessary time to cook. Most of the recipes, mainly of medium-high level, take on average 2-5min to be complete which is insane considering how dynamic the server roleplay is. Cooking is not by far the most profit work on the server, nor it is illegal, but then you have to wait 2+minutes(depends the recipe) to separate the ingredients, deploy the pots, put each ingredient in each Pot, move the pots again and when you finnaly put them on the stove u have to wait more 2-5min to get it done, this is annoying. Being known that there are other much more lucrative jobs to be done, using the same time you spend to cook a maximum of 6 things, it makes Cooking something totally discouraging to do and even if the food selling prices in NPCs are adjusted, if that obnoxious cooking time duration remains, the issue will persist and will keep players away from doing Cooking as a profit job.

Keep in mind that, in 10 minutes you can profit more than 5K just by growing Cocoa which is legal or coca leaves if you have someone to buy from you, profiting you much more money. You can at this same time make 3 cocaine batches that will profit in a minimum of 20k. But with this insane food preparation time you can waste 5-8min just to make max 6 food at time.

- Cheseburguer, Cake and Energy drink duration insanely high. 5 minutes is the time it takes to make a maximum of 6 cakes, using all the burners on the stove (not considering the 2-3min of preparation), 3min cheeseburger and 2:30 energy drinks. Well, there is not much more to say than this time is too much, none of these items gives you any money to justify all this time to produce it. Yes, the cake fills +100hunger and the energy drinks refils your stamina but it’s still not justifiable, its takes a very long time that you can’t do anything else while waiting for that cooking time. If you are going to keep all this preparation time, I think it will be necessary for the cake to be sold at least 1.5k-2k per unit, so that it is worth having a cake business; and all other foods with long preparation time will also have their selling prices increased dramatically.

2. THE PREPARATIONS ARE ANNOYING.

- You have to split the ingredients 1 by 1 in your inventory. It doesn't matter if you have 1 stack of meat, eggs or any other ingredient, if you want to cook a recipe you have to separate the items from the stack to put them in the cooking pot; It means that you will keep dragging your mouse back and forth, opening the pot menu and putting the ingredients, occupying several slots in the inventory, since you can't cook more than one food per Pot.
This may be seems as a silly or pointless to complain about this, but if you've already cooked after this update you know how obnoxious and unjoyable this is.

- The whole thing about opening pot, putting ingredient, moving pot, dividing ingredient is annoying. I don't think that aspect can be changed in the future, even so I would like to leave here that is annoying.

3. IT'S TOO PUNITIVE.

- It is unnecessarily very easy, let the food pass the cooking time and burn it. If you are making a recipe that must be removed from the fire at the XX time, you have a 7 seconds threshold to turn of the stove fire and finish the recipe. But if you somehow exceed those 7 seconds before or after XX cooking time of that recipe has passed, the food will become a mush.
This 7-second limit is not enough, it's still too short and you can still burn your food easily, especially when the recipe time is long. If you are doing something else in RP or even watching a video on yt you can easily losing all that recipe because you had very few seconds to remove the pots from the fire.
""But this is intentional, making players pay attention to cooking time, just like in real life"" Yea we got the idea but it's being too tight, turn your atention to something for some seconds and boom your food is gone, not good.

- If your hunger/thirst is below 90%, you already start to lose stamina. Meaning that if you always want to keep your stamina to the maximum, you always have to open your inventory and eat something. It's a cool feature but you have very short punishment deadlines, It is certain that 99% of players have aways their hungry/thirsty levels below 90%, either for not having that much food to keep spending and keeping its hunger above 90% or because their own food stats does not exceed that number.
""It is possible to slice some foods on the prep table and make it into smaller pieces, so you don't spend large amounts of food to fill only 10%, also its intended to keep the player paying attention to its hunger/thirsty"" Yes, I personally do that and it is still very annoying to have to be opening the inventory every 3-4min and eating a cake slice just to have your stamina full. Again, its cool that we have sort of feature and depth of mechanic but currently as it is its being too "tight" and punitive, not fun, enjoyable or even realistic. Ask yourself if IRL you may Run less meters just because you are 10% hungry/thirsty if somehow you know a way to watch your hungry lvl?.

- It takes a lot of space in your inventory. The Cooking Stove, preparation table and 6 cooking Pots already occupies 8 spaces in your inventory and you still have to have space for the ingredients divided 1 in 1, since you cannot cook stacked ingredients items cooking pot. One of the causes to this issue is the cooking pots, it doesn’t make sense that each of them occupies 1 space in the inventory each; It is the same space that weapons, factory equipament, attachments occupies on inv. Cooking pots don't have the same importance as these previous items and they arent even expensive, not to mention that it is not the saming cooking pot as the one you uses to make cocaine.

- Along with the points 1. and 2. makes the system even more punitive. Too much space required in the inventory, too long to cook recipes, repetitive and boring preparations, easy to burn the food and lose it. All these problems happening at the same time, makes the system very punitive, and when it is said "punitive" it is in the sense of: You sacrifice a lot to cook, you lose a lot of time, you cant do anything else and you have a high chance of it all goes wrong, even if it works (get the cooked food) you won't have no significant profit even selling to other players.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After listing and explaining all of these points, you may be thinking that the new Cooking Update is total shit, but its not, Its the oposite of that, its realy good. Its better than the system that we had before. The preparation table is rly cool and the foods that you can cut and split into other smaller foods or even new food items, The possibility to implement secret recipes, combinations and things like that. stamina being influenced by your hunger/thirsty is also verisimilar, but unfortunately there are these issues that take away the fun and enjoyability aspect of it. Those problems turn the cooking experience something annoying.

From here I will leave suggestions of how to fix each of these issues:

-
Decrease the cooking time of each recipe by 50%, and then we would have something more dynamic and less boring.

- Make that there will be no food recipe with cooking time more than 2: 30min or less.

- Make it possible to put the ingredients in the Cooking Pot without having to open the pot container and drag the things, similar the way you cook cocaine, just dropping it on the floor and touching the Pot.
-
When an ingredient stack (more than 1 single ingredient) is dropped on the floor and if it touches a cooking pot, only one unit of that stack will enter in the Pot at time. This is so you don't have all that work to split that ingredient stack till you have all of that stack separated, just let the game split it for you.

- I
ncrease the time threshold before the food becomes mush, from 7 seconds to 10 or even 13seconds.
- Make Stamina start to be affected by hunger/thirsty if the levels are below 66% (2/3 food/thirsty).
- Simply make the Cooking Pots stackable up to 6. // Implement the suggestions at 2. topic.

- Please, adjust the food selling prices of the NPCs! It has become much more difficult to make food now, it is necessary that the sales prices are greatly increased so that the players have some incentive to use this new mechanic.

Some opnions i could print about the new cooking:
Sem título.png

And that's it. If you agree, disagree or would like to add another point, please post your comment. Keep great discussions away since this post is in the feedback area and not discussions.

Defter

Monolith Newcomer
Aug 5, 2020
+1 The stamina reduction imo really screws over new players since if your not filled constantly you’ll end of being unable to have some chance of outrunning the cops if they have no vehicles or be able to not die from hunger/thirst as it drains while you run

Mark

Lead Developer
MRP Administrator
Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Some of these are already noted, we just need to actually implement them into the game itself.

WhiteTiger

Monolith Pleb
Oct 10, 2017
Switzerland
Either nerf the time it takes to make food or add more Quality of life to make it less tedious.

OR

keep it as it is but increase stamina by like 300% and slow the hunger and thirst rate.

the update literally nerfed everything but buffed nothing max stamina is still the same and even before it was too low. Maybe if we could actually run around the city in fashionable time we wouldnt need cars for everything = less VDM & less lag.

• Love
Reactions: xWaller

Guacay #

Monolith Rookie
Jan 17, 2019
I created a suggestion for reducing the time for cooking for a premium feature.

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Event Team
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
I'd like reduced cooking as a premium feature, but the stacking system was hard for me to manage especially when eggs all look the same.

xWaller

Monolith Grinder
Sep 24, 2019
I personally feel like this was made for "in the moment" cooking, like "yeah i'd like 2 cake" or "I'd like 4 eggs", and not cooking large quantities of x food/water to last you a while, unless you want to sit there cooking for 2-3 hours. Its more aimed towards roleplaying a chef than it is for your own good.
When I first used the cooking system, I threw 16 coconut, 16 milk and 16 flour in a pot and lost it all because I wanted to cook in large quantity over short amount of time but it doesn't work like that.

It'd be kind of nice, for example, throw 8 coconut and 8 water in a pot, cook it for 1:20 or whatever coconut cocktail is, and get 8 coconut cocktails. Instead of 1 each time for each pot. Otherwise you're spending hours doing one at a time. Something that allows for cooking stuff in larger quantities than 1 at a time per pot.

Also i'd like to point out: You can't see the timer on the back pots, when the front pots are on there, so you kinda have to turn the back burners off for like a minute, until the front ones get ahead in time a bit, so you have time to take the front ones off, to watch the back ones to take them off.

Obviously there's plenty of ideas, but this is one of my few, that stood out for me.

Tye

Monolith Pleb
Jun 28, 2019
+Support Unless the selling prices to npcs are increased i don't see myself cooking or fishing right now, fishing and cooking wasnt great before but it was still viable but as of right now it takes too long and the money received just isn't worth it. I enjoy the new cooking system i think its a lot better then the old one but the time needs to be reduced and the money that you get needs to be buffed it was weak before but now its just not worth doing.

Hector

Monolith Pleb
Feb 11, 2020
Canada
+support cooking times definetely need to be reduced, it's too tedious for me to want to make food anymore.

jeppe

Monolith Grinder
May 7, 2018
Honestly, the coking today is tedious but in a good way, the harder it is to make it the more value food gets (increased market) so if ur a lazy casual u gotta spend money instead of time to get decent food/drinks. Keep it like it is with times etc but a bit more bug fixed like u cant see time on back pots on stove, coking pots sometimes get their name changed to copper chunk and stuff when deployed, really weird. Also prep table defo needs a rework but otherwise its a good update imo.

But when we talk about stamina, jesus chirst this is another level of nerf. Please change it so stam doesnt get punished so harshly depending on food/drink and increase max stamina pool then we will be happy.

Ice

Monolith Senior
Jul 25, 2017
Florida
It's been around 2 months since we heard anything else about changes being implemented. The only things I've seen changed with this system are a couple of bugs and time adjustments. Cooking a large number of items takes way too long compared to the old cooking system and you still make the same amount of profit. As more food items from the supermarket become nerfed, more and more people look to cooking as the solution, however, the current system is still extremely tedious and requires a large amount of time and patience. Hopefully, some of the suggestions above are implemented in the coming months.

Mark

Lead Developer
MRP Administrator
Developer
Jun 13, 2017
It's been around 2 months since we heard anything else about changes being implemented. The only things I've seen changed with this system are a couple of bugs and time adjustments. Cooking a large number of items takes way too long compared to the old cooking system and you still make the same amount of profit. As more food items from the supermarket become nerfed, more and more people look to cooking as the solution, however, the current system is still extremely tedious and requires a large amount of time and patience. Hopefully, some of the suggestions above are implemented in the coming months.
well I certainly hope you didn’t think it would get faster that wasn’t the point of it, and compared to the old system it was a given there would be a time increase, given certain items still need time changes to their recipes.

JucaMais

Monolith Grinder
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
well I certainly hope you didn’t think it would get faster that wasn’t the point of it, and compared to the old system it was a given there would be a time increase, given certain items still need time changes to their recipes.
Mark my dude, i know you guys made a lot of effort to bring this brand new mechanic and of course we hoped that because this new cooking is more robust and detailed, there would be more time invested in playing this, we are not criticing this fact or supposing that the old cooking is better. But please! you need to believe on us who played this new cooking a lot, this thing is so damn tedius and actually it doesnt bring anymore fun when u are doing it for the 3° 4° time on.

The dude Ice said above about it taking so long time and he even mentioned about profit. Is not about it having too long recipes times or not having a good profit just, it’s about a lot of combined details that lead to the system becoming this boring thing that it is today (These are the things i remember atm):
- The whole time and annoying it takes to the processes of opening the cooking pots, closing huds, moving pots here and there, spliting ingredients in inventory ,opening inventory, moving ingredients, organize it all, turn the stove fires on, turn it off, move the damn pots again, being too aware to it, the bugs, other annoyances AND FINNALY THEN comes the Recipe Cooking Times and the profit. All this things combines in a tedious Combo that makes anyone who tries cooking atm be afraid to make its way of grinding, rp or "fun". Then after all these said issues, you hear people saying "ah its too long than before" "too much time" "no profit", Its not a Batlant complaint, there are rly bad things that is obfuscating how good this mechanic could be.

But instead, it looks like you just prefer to pay attention to these "look-like batlant" complaints and other criticisms that you have ready awnsers to say, ignoring that there is a possibility of real issues going on with this cooking thing. We know that you have your own opnion about whats being good or not, your own way of thinking about the cooking, but have you ever asked to a large group of people how are they experiencing the new cooking and whats their thoughts? I think you would have another thinking and possibly fix all those issues we are saying here not the 1,2° time. We are not here spending time lying in feedbacks or with the intention of possibly making it worse, we want to see a better cooking in general (the same with general mono) because we spend hours playing it and im not saying you guys dont, but pleeeease... ...I recognize you guys efforts but those few adjustments you guys did in 2 months, like in the cooking times, wont solve these main issues that cooking has, those are not batlant complaints.

Last edited:

Simon Riley

Monolith Grinder
Mar 23, 2020
Yee haw land
Mark my dude, i know you guys made a lot of effort to bring this brand new mechanic and of course we hoped that because this new cooking is more robust and detailed, there would be more time invested in playing this, we are not criticing this fact or supposing that the old cooking is better. But please! you need to believe on us who played this new cooking a lot, this thing is so damn tedius and actually it doesnt bring anymore fun when u are doing it for the 3° 4° time on.

The dude Ice said above about it taking so long time and he even mentioned about profit. Is not about it having too long recipes times or not having a good profit just, it’s about a lot of combined details that lead to the system becoming this boring thing that it is today (These are the things i remember atm):
- The whole time and annoying it takes to the processes of opening the cooking pots, closing huds, moving pots here and there, spliting ingredients in inventory ,opening inventory, moving ingredients, organize it all, turn the stove fires on, turn it off, move the damn pots again, being too aware to it, the bugs, other annoyances AND FINNALY THEN comes the Recipe Cooking Times and the profit. All this things combines in a tedious Combo that makes anyone who tries cooking atm be afraid to make its way of grinding, rp or "fun". Then after all these said issues, you hear people saying "ah its too long than before" "too much time" "no profit", Its not a Batlant complaint, there are rly bad things that is obfuscating how good this mechanic could be.

But instead, it looks like you just prefer to pay attention to these "look-like batlant" complaints and other criticisms that you have ready awnsers to say, ignoring that there is a possibility of real issues going on with this cooking thing. We know that you have your own opnion about whats being good or not, your own way of thinking about the cooking, but have you ever asked to a large group of people how are they experiencing the new cooking and whats their thoughts? I think you would have another thinking and possibly fix all those issues we are saying here not the 1,2° time. We are not here spending time lying in feedbacks or with the intention of possibly making it worse, we want to see a better cooking in general (the same with general mono) because we spending hours playing it and im not saying you guys dont, but pleeeease... ...I recognize you guys efforts but those few adjustments you guys did in 2 months, like in the cooking times, wont solve these main issues that cooking has, those are not batlant complaints.
It’s not about the change of how long it takes to cook things, it’s the fact you have to single handedly take every ingredient and put them in 1by 1 and it makes me worry that I might develop carpal tunnel. It just needs to QOL that’s all, but for real I haven’t touched cooking since the update my fingers started hurting and I was done with it. It’s a good concept, but it needs QOL updates.

Reactions: JucaMais

Mark

Lead Developer
MRP Administrator
Developer
Jun 13, 2017
You forget that I literally acknowledged that it does need updates, and that it will receive them. Ive answered it many times but unfortunately due to how things get thrown around its very hard. The cooking system was released before it should've been, with that I appreciate the feedback and it will be taken into consideration like it has been since day one, we have some changes planned and you can expect to see them over the coming weeks.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.