LV

Your Steam Name: FallenderMond
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:553612826
Your Character Name: Lance Cadente

Target Steam Name: Mornarq
Target SteamID: 51493035
Target Character Name (if known): N/A
@Mornarq

Request Reason: I hopped onto captain, grabbed my firearms and everything, I was in PD locker room. I had to file some paperwork (College stuff IRL on my phone). The chief told me to get on radio (I didn't see this). TWO minutes later, I get demoted and arrested for corruption. The chief had no reason to flat out demote me, he only gave me TWO minutes until he demoted me, no strikes, no warnings, NOTHING. He only said to get onto radio. He then came to PD locker room and started accusing me of corruption saying that I removed the emergency state and that I had unwarranted someone. We had a mayor at the time, but instead of asking me if I had any part, he resorted to demotion and arresting. He immediately threw me into jail, acting super immature and unprofessional. This chief JUST got his whitelist and already made a super big mistake, he needs to be demoted as he clearly cannot handle the power that comes with chief.
When did the situation occur?: 5:00 MST
Your evidence to support your claim:
Additional members involved/witnessing: None
@Trooper C. Winters

Mornarq

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

1. I gave you more than 2 minutes to respond, there was an active chase and I gave you many minutes to respond after my radio order. After which I repeated order on gov chat and asked for you to get on radio, then waited more minutes while continuing chase before demoting you. This was over 5-7 minutes at the least without a response. 2 minutes is an exaggeration.

2. I will admit I did not give you ultimatum, as in ''respond to me or you will get demoted'. This is the first time I demote without giving such ultimatum since my time as Chief, due to the heat of the situation and only after suspecting you of corruption and deeming it urgent to demote you to avoid further damages to the case.

3. As for corruption charges, I followed ''Beyond a reasonable doubt'' doctrine. I made logical deductions based on evidence I had to justify arrest. Firstly, I had all 3 emergency checked: raised drawbridge, emergency state and SWAT enlisted. After you got on, suddenly Emergency state I noticed was removed, and warrant I issued was also no longer there. I am aware as for warrant, that it is possible the suspect committed suicide or the warrant expired. Though as for Emergency state, this meant only you could have removed it, or by slim chance the Mayor who happened to be on for 1 minute before quitting or dying, whom I also began searching for immediately after processing you.

4. You brushed off the lack of response as being ''on your phone'', but I see no reason why you would be AFK right in the first minutes of joining Police. You should know Police is a highly demanding job in the server requiring quick response times, so I refused it as a valid excuse for lack of response.

With all that being said, to conclude, I admit to 2 mistakes made while handling this case:

First: I did not give ultimatum of demotion before demoting you. Though I felt this was justified exceptionally due to corruption charge, insofar as the insubordination charge, it is true that normally I should have threatened you with demotion before doing this. I remember @Trooper C. Winters telling me this was procedure during interview.

Second: I dealt with you in anger, rather than with a cool head, so I would say I was unprofessional in some aspects by which I handled this situation. Namely, in how I spoke to you when confronting you. Were I to approach you with a more cool head, we might have had better communication and more professionalism. Though the results would have been the same in the sense of you being demoted and arrested, I would have at least been more polite and detached about it. I am a human, I make mistakes, and I admit I lost my cool due to the stress of the chase plus suspicion of corruption. This is not something that occurs normally on my end, it is actually the first time I lose my cool like this in the many demotions I have handled since Chief. I apologize for my angry tone there.

Overall, I think asking for whitelist removal is a bit much, as this is my first ever report as Chief, and I have many people who can vouch to my professionalism and hard work since my time as Chief, but I will leave that up to my superiors to decide. All I know is I still have room for improvement, am always up for further training, and always grab every opportunity to improve and learn after each mistake.

Finally, to repeat, please accept my sincere apologies for where I have erred in your regard.
With thanks,

Last edited:

FallenderMond

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

If you can look at the time stamps of messages in the chat, you can see that two minutes after you told me to get on radio, you demoted me. It's not an exaggeration.

Secondly, you did not take any other possibilities into account, the first one being - I was dead and on a five minute timer. If that was the case, there would have been no way for me to respond. You can't just go around demoting officers because they don't respond right away. You give them strikes.

Thirdly, you broke character and had a power trip, "I can get you blacklisted from PD, so don't fuck with me". Along with many other character breaks. As Chief, you should never lose your cool as you've been on the force for long enough and you are the voice of reasoning. That behavior is something I expect to see from low ranking officers, not the chief.

Fourthly, you have had chief for less than one or two days, making a mistake in that time frame should absolutely result in a demotion as you are an example to all officers. I was the captain, second in command, your automatic assumption that I was being corrupt really shows how much you care about and trust the ranking structure.

Fifthly, people do have lives, it doesn't matter if I was AFK for two minutes or not, two minutes is seriously nothing. The server has it so that after FIVETEEN minutes of inactivity, you are removed from your position.

You made horrible calls as a chief and went as far as to actually imprison me EVEN THOUGH you had your suspicions that it was someone else. You didn't have enough evidence to put me in jail, yet, you continued to do so. This shows that you are incapable of holding the chief position as you are pretty likely to throw people in jail when you don't even have enough evidence. I believe you should be demoted and should work towards a chief whitelist again once you show that you are capable of holding such a position.

Last edited:

Austin Hunter

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I am clarifying the events as they occurred based on logs and other department data. At this time all department devices and computers will be confiscated pending the review of these allegations.

Austin Hunter

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The following issues have arisen regarding this investigation:​

1. Demotion
a. Lance Cadente went 10-8 at 15:52:10 - 02/17/2023 and was demoted at 16:03:54 - 02/17/2023
i. The warning, written, was given at 17/02/2023, 15:54:39 PM “Lance get on radio”
1. Total amount of time lapsed between warning and demotion: 9 minutes and 15 seconds
a. No warning was given via writing.

2. Corruption Arrest:
a. Lance Cadente was arrested for 10 years for corruption.
i. Cadente, despite not responding to the radio call, had not committed any criminal or violations of SoP

3. Interrogation:
a. Lance Cadente was placed in handcuffs and informed that he was under arrest.
i. After informing Cadente he was under arrest, Cadente was not given his rights prior to interrogation.
1. Cadente was subsequently arrested

4. Conduct Unbecoming:
a. Chief Murphy continued to utilize expletives and colorful language towards a detained subject in handcuffs going so far as to threaten additional punishments in attempt to get a coerced statement.

The following is the outcome of each count based on the provided evidence.​

1. Demotion
a. Based on the total elapsed time of 9 minutes and 15 seconds, it has been determined that Cadente could have made a reasonable effort to respond to the chiefs request in any form of communication
i. Count 1: Closed, unfounded.

2. Corruption Arrest:
a. Based on the lack of any evidence of corruption, being that lack of response itself is not in itself evidence of corruption, the arrest is deemed invalid, and against policy and procedure.
i. Count 2: Founded, written reprimand.

3. Interrogation:
a. Based on the lack of evidence, and statement that Cadente would be arrested, all items gained in interrogation would be inadmissible.
i. Count 3: Closed, verbal council.

4. Conduct Unbecoming
a. Based on the verbiage Chief Murphy utilized during this encounter and the clear attempt to obtain a statement under duress, the conduct of Chief Murphy was found as unbecoming and a violation of the following policies.
i. 102.2.1. The first duty of a law enforcement officer, as upholder of the law, is to know its bounds upon him in enforcing it, because he represents the legal will of the community, be it local state or federal, he must be aware of the limitations and proscriptions which the people, through the law, have placed upon him. He must recognize the genius of the American system of government which gives no man, groups of men, or institution, absolute power, and he must ensure that he, as a prime defender of that system, does not pervert its character.\
ii. 102.3.1 The law enforcement officer shall assiduously apply himself to the study of the principles of the laws which he is sworn to uphold. He will make certain of his responsibilities in the particulars of their enforcement, seeking aid from his superiors in matters of technicality or principle when these are not clear to him; he will make special effort to fully understand his relationship to other public officials, including other law enforcement agencies, particularly on matters of jurisdiction, both geographically and substantively.
iii. 102.4.1 The law enforcement officer shall be mindful of his responsibility to pay strict heed to the selection of means in discharging the duties of his office. Violations of law or disregard for public safety and property on the part of an officer are intrinsically wrong; they are self-defeating in that they instill in the public mind a like disposition. The employment of illegal means, no matter how worthy the end, is certain to encourage disrespect for the law and its officers. If the law is to be honored, it must first be honored by those who enforce it.
iv. 102.11.1 The law enforcement officer shall regard the discharge of his duties as a public trust and recognize his responsibility as a public servant. By diligent study and sincere attention to self-improvement he shall strive to make the best possible application of science to the solution of crime and, in the field of human relationships, strive for effective leadership and public influence in matters affecting public safety. He shall appreciate the importance and responsibility of his office, and hold police work to be an honorable profession rendering valuable service to his community and his country.
1. Count 4: Founded, written reprimand.

In Conclusion:

Former Chief Murphy has been demoted to obtain only lower supervisory ranks (Blacklist Captain, 1-week, Chief whitelist- Removal) and has received 3 severity points for the above listed infractions based on the following counts:

1. Violation of Policy
2. False Arrest
3. Conduct Unbecoming of a Law Enforcement Officer.

In Addition:

Officer Cadente will be reinstated immediately; however, he has received a written reprimand (2 Warning Points) regarding utilization of improper communication resources (metagaming) when stuck in the Police Department and attempting to purchase items.

Case Status: Closed, founded.

Status
Not open for further replies.