Status
Not open for further replies.

bingbong

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Hey, so I've been having crashes for about the past week when trying to load into the server. It always hangs for about 30 seconds and then crashes immediately once it gets to downloading the riotshield material assets (specifically materials/arleitiss/riotshield/shield_gripbump.vtf.b...). I've already verified integrity of game cache about ten times, power cycled my router, uninstalled then reinstalled Garry's Mod, uninstalled Garry's Mod, deleted the entirety of my Gmod folder, then reinstalled it, used both the base and chromium branches of Gmod through all of these iterations of uninstalling, verifying and reinstalling, uninstalled Gmod, deleted the entirety of the Gmod folder again, restarted my PC, and reinstalled it again, tried about every combination of video settings I could think of, subscribed to all the Truenorth/Monolith Workshop content - still crashed at that same point - and unsubscribed from all workshop content - still no difference - and I'm not really sure of what else I can really do to get it working. I'm able to load into every other one of my regular servers so not sure what the deal is. Anything I can try beyond all these troubleshooting steps to get connected to the server on my PC? Outside of Gmod everything is up-to-date on my PC so really not sure what could be causing it to crash at this point.

rako

Developer
Developer

Years of Mono

LV

Try to remove those folders and reconnect. Don't use chromium for now.

Are you on windows?

bingbong

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Looks like that allowed me to connect just fine, appreciate it. Chromium beta also works now alongside the base game. Am on Windows. Anything I can really do to fix this in case it happens to pop up again other than deleting those folders again?

rako

Developer
Developer

Years of Mono

LV

Just do it again, cache gets too big and the amount of shit in memory causes clients to crash.
This will eventually happen as you join many different servers, sadly.

officernoodles

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Moved to solved as per Rako's response fixing the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.