Status
Not open for further replies.

G0nzalo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I've been trying for hours now and can't find a solution.

Game loads fine until that file and then it crashes after a minute or so of waiting. I've tried reinstalling, folder deleting, resubbing, restarting, subbing to a different pack, running chromium branch, alt tabbing while loading at several spots, running as admin, and so forth

Running 64 bit branch gives the following error rather than ctd'ing: cmeshdx8::lockvertexbuffer:nvertexcount=7280, nfirstvertex=0

I've searched the entire forum and google as well but the only solution i've come across is running it in chromium branch which doesn't work for me

This is the only server i have problems with, somehow a week or so ago i managed to get in twice and played for a bit without any issues
Help is appreciated

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

What specs do you have?

G0nzalo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

R5 1600, Vega 56, 16gb DDR4 Windows 10, running gmod on my old wd black 1tb though considered running it on ssd but i doubt that would make a difference

Seems like it is now crashing after loading ugficons when its on "starting lua"

Last edited:

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

R5 1600, Vega 56, 16gb DDR4 Windows 10, running gmod on my old wd black 1tb though considered running it on ssd but i doubt that would make a difference

Seems like it is now crashing after loading ugficons when its on "starting lua"
This sounds well out of my meager technical support solutions. You’ve tried everything I would’ve suggested, but have you tried unsubscribing from all addons, deleting everything, doing a fresh install, then joining without content? Maybe if you have no addons (besides the map file of course) it won’t have a lua error?
Here’s two developers that I know would be helpful.
@Silhouhat @Mark
Hopefully you can get this problem sorted out!

G0nzalo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

This sounds well out of my meager technical support solutions. You’ve tried everything I would’ve suggested, but have you tried unsubscribing from all addons, deleting everything, doing a fresh install, then joining without content? Maybe if you have no addons (besides the map file of course) it won’t have a lua error?
Here’s two developers that I know would be helpful.
@Silhouhat @Mark
Hopefully you can get this problem sorted out!

Strangely enough I actually got in again today played for an hour or so and then got a crash then the crashes started coming quicker so i gave up and tried a bit later and now i'm back to crashing on starting lua or ugficons.
So I doubt doing another reinstall will help me

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Strangely enough I actually got in again today played for an hour or so and then got a crash then the crashes started coming quicker so i gave up and tried a bit later and now i'm back to crashing on starting lua or ugficons.
So I doubt doing another reinstall will help me
Did you already try having nothing but the map file?

sil

Monolith Pleb
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Try adding this to your Gmod launch parameters:
+gmod_mcore_test 1 -gl

G0nzalo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Did you already try having nothing but the map file?
I haven't but that's because sometimes I do seem to be able to play, therefore it seems unnecessary to me.

Edit: Just tried it, even put the game on my SSD. Keeps crashing on starting lua

Try adding this to your Gmod launch parameters:
+gmod_mcore_test 1 -gl
Thanks, but it had no additional effect.

It almost seems like my issue is related to amount of players on the server or even time. Its rather strange as during the day the server tends to work but during evening/night it usually doesn't.

Last edited:

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Any updates? Did the switch to Paralake solve anything? Stop anything?

G0nzalo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Any updates? Did the switch to Paralake solve anything? Stop anything?
Still the same mostly I don't get in and it crashes on starting lua. Sometimes I do get in and if i'm lucky I get to play for an hour or so before I get a ctd.Today I got in a bunch of times but the game crashed either when i pressed shift+tab, when i was extinguishing a fire, or just at random (usually when things were a little laggy in the first place)

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Still the same mostly I don't get in and it crashes on starting lua. Sometimes I do get in and if i'm lucky I get to play for an hour or so before I get a ctd.Today I got in a bunch of times but the game crashed either when i pressed shift+tab, when i was extinguishing a fire, or just at random (usually when things were a little laggy in the first place)
Sounds like a computer issue.

Brusier

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

@G0nzalo I recommend factory resetting gmod, this will remove all addons and binds and setting you have, but it may fix it

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I've tried reinstalling, folder deleting, resubbing, restarting, subbing to a different pack, running chromium branch, alt tabbing while loading at several spots, running as admin, and so forth
@Brusier

G0nzalo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

@G0nzalo I recommend factory resetting gmod, this will remove all addons and binds and setting you have, but it may fix it
Surprisingly this seems to have worked for the most part. I was able to get on tonight without issues, I did crash once in fire lagg but I was able to rejoin right away. Server seems to feel a lot more stable for me now, so thanks!
Edit: Also started using Tristan's gmod config which seems to have made things even more stable, haven't had a crash so far

Last edited:

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Solved, locked and moved

Status
Not open for further replies.