MRP Dead Body Forensics

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gralex

Monolith Pleb
Apr 2, 2018
Poland
+support

JucaMais

Monolith Grinder
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
Edit= The blood sparkles should remain on the murder clothes for 5min. Because the victims could be stabilized and further stay alive

I hope this get aproved, than you for all the +support guys, keep supporting it please.

Stabby Stabby

Monolith Grinder
Apr 25, 2019
+support PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, it should be only available to detectives so they can a reason to be a thing

JucaMais

Monolith Grinder
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

Hector

Suspended
Suspended
Feb 11, 2020
Canada
Post the link to these several suggestions here, if they exist at all.

JucaMais

Monolith Grinder
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
Okay thanks for sharing the links, i ve read all of it.

The first one, the dude suggest a new job which is not what im doing here. He also doesnt explain he doesn’t explain a way for it to be implemented or describe features of his idea, he just leaves the main idea up in the air making developers think for themselves, and not to mention his suggestion were aproved and moved to trello but tj the old lead developer just said a "no".

In the second its another job suggestion that at the time it was created it was still allowed to be suggested, and the "forensics" work he mentions it's just a background thing that would be an addition to the main job suggestion which by the by it's not detailed, explaining step by step how it could happen to at least give developers a way to think about the idea, like the previous its just an ideia thrown in the air. this time, Tj the former main developer says a reason for denying the suggestion, he says that "That will kill the fps..." -refering to the bodies being on the ground for so much time, which in any way is not what im suggesting here, and keeps saying "Also, this is something we just can't afford to work on right now - it's extremely abstract" and i can understand why he says "abstract", in the same suggestion the player suggests that the body be taken to a "place" where the body could be examined for forensic purposes. What place it is? how could it work? Thats the same problem, the dude doesnt explain nothing about the suggestion.

The last one I did not understand why you assimilated with my suggestion, because it is a suggestion to increase the unconscious/dying time, which is something that I have never suggested here. What I said is that if this suggestion get approved, the blood samples that would remain on the clothes of a murderer instead of staying for only 3 minutes, it would remain for 5 minutes to give the police more chances to identify him. I don't know if you actually read it, but these "samples / sparkles" wouldn't be visible to players. Also the suggestion were aproved and even implemented as we can see nowadays.

I think the biggest problems with these suggestions that were denied are the lack of a good description, variables and other characteristics. Everyone has good ideas all the time, or don't you think that the developers didn't even think about implementing something like this? I believe that what is missing from these suggestions is to show developers that these suggestion are possible, that there is a way to make them and that is what I try to do in this suggestion, unlike these others.
Of course, I don't know anything about programming and simply assuming that "it's possible" is a great levity on my part and im not saying my suggestion is perfect, but at least I understand the idea I'm suggesting. Now, there are logs about player deaths and in these logs all these variables are shown as a weapon used, time since death, player who killed .. I imagine that there is already halfway here! Well i really hope that Mark, the Lead Developer can acccept this and bring an amazing forensics system to this server, that would be epic. Btw, i keep counting in your +support.

Last edited:

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Event Team
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
+support
detective only as they need more prowess. If this is a problem due to response, increase detective slots.

krabe

Monolith Rookie
Jun 26, 2019
Add a forensics unit had a cool looking van with lights and sirens with suits and gas masks
They can have guns but only like p99s and stuff

Alex Is Pog

Monolith Grinder
Dec 24, 2018
+support

Hector

Suspended
Suspended
Feb 11, 2020
Canada
Okay thanks for sharing the links, i ve read all of it.

The first one, the dude suggest a new job which is not what im doing here. He also doesnt explain he doesn’t explain a way for it to be implemented or describe features of his idea, he just leaves the main idea up in the air making developers think for themselves, and not to mention his suggestion were aproved and moved to trello but tj the old lead developer just said a "no".

In the second its another job suggestion that at the time it was created it was still allowed to be suggested, and the "forensics" work he mentions it's just a background thing that would be an addition to the main job suggestion which by the by it's not detailed, explaining step by step how it could happen to at least give developers a way to think about the idea, like the previous its just an ideia thrown in the air. this time, Tj the former main developer says a reason for denying the suggestion, he says that "That will kill the fps..." -refering to the bodies being on the ground for so much time, which in any way is not what im suggesting here, and keeps saying "Also, this is something we just can't afford to work on right now - it's extremely abstract" and i can understand why he says "abstract", in the same suggestion the player suggests that the body be taken to a "place" where the body could be examined for forensic purposes. What place it is? how could it work? Thats the same problem, the dude doesnt explain nothing about the suggestion.

The last one I did not understand why you assimilated with my suggestion, because it is a suggestion to increase the unconscious/dying time, which is something that I have never suggested here. What I said is that if this suggestion get approved, the blood samples that would remain on the clothes of a murderer instead of staying for only 3 minutes, it would remain for 5 minutes to give the police more chances to identify him. I don't know if you actually read it, but these "samples / sparkles" wouldn't be visible to players. Also the suggestion were aproved and even implemented as we can see nowadays.

I think the biggest problems with these suggestions that were denied are the lack of a good description, variables and other characteristics. Everyone has good ideas all the time, or don't you think that the developers didn't even think about implementing something like this? I believe that what is missing from these suggestions is to show developers that these suggestion are possible, that there is a way to make them and that is what I try to do in this suggestion, unlike these others.
Of course, I don't know anything about programming and simply assuming that "it's possible" is a great levity on my part and im not saying my suggestion is perfect, but at least I understand the idea I'm suggesting. Now, there are logs about player deaths and in these logs all these variables are shown as a weapon used, time since death, player who killed .. I imagine that there is already halfway here! Well i really hope that Mark, the Lead Developer can acccept this and bring an amazing forensics system to this server, that would be epic. Btw, i keep counting in your +support.
Like I said, SIMILAR suggestions have been denied, not exactly the same.

Reactions: JucaMais

Cephalon Suda

Monolith Newcomer
Sep 8, 2018
Massive +support. Also, I think people who kill within 5 meters of the victim should not only have blood sample-laced clothing but also either a visibly bloody playermodel or a message above their head (similar to the WANTED message) that says "Bloody Clothing".

Reactions: StewartJames

Shadexz

Suspended
Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Boston, Massachusetts
www.youtube.com
I like the idea but with where gmod is right now, it’s not possible

StewartJames

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Event Team
Police Command
Apr 5, 2019
The mod is possible
I think seeing this that it would be an addition for criminals and cops - hiding evidence, burning bodies, could all render cash inflows for criminal "cleanup" organisations, and make killing a process rather than something that happens for a tiny thing and then run away. I think it would make killing in self defence just the same, killing in raids have a few extra steps, and then killing for tiny things like mechanics or taxi drivers charging too much less viable as an option.

We would however have to recreate the mod (this one is a little simple in terms of the warrant system)

Reactions: JucaMais
Status
Not open for further replies.