pigking05

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I thing that detectives should get vests that they can equip and unequip like masks that say detective on them because sometimes its annoying when your helping with a raid or something and get shot by the police I feel this would be a useful thing to avoid those moment

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I thing that detectives should get vests that they can equip and unequip like masks that say detective on them because sometimes its annoying when your helping with a raid or something and get shot by the police I feel this would be a useful thing to avoid those moment
This is dumb as a detective shouldn't be active in a raid period. Also, wrong format.

Gammer3

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

While I get what you are saying that perhaps there should be a better way to Identify to fellow deputies that you are a detective, That could cause issues.

I took this quote from Wright's Police guide that is somewhat outdated but still VERY useful for new police here
You can find more police goodies here if you want to read further as it is a very good guide: https://monolithservers.com/forums/...ent-guide-how-to-roleplay-as-an-officer.9369/

• Detective: You're a Detective, you investigate crime scenes and participate in undercover operations. As a Detective, your job isn't just to base with criminals and report back to the department. You're expected to take a more realistic approach and investigate crime scenes, shootings, interrogate criminals, etc. You should ALWAYS provide your badge to officers when entering the Police Station, crime scenes, and other situations. As with officers, you should never participate in the combat part of raids. You have absolutely zero reason to enter the combat due to the lack of weaponry, depending on the current Chief, you could be demoted for this. You are above officers and cadets but below Sergeants, Lieutenants, and the Chief.

With that being said and If anyone knows "Benjamin Grigsby " you know he is almost always detective in game its not about the raids, its about making good role-play and attempting to act like a detective and being involved directly in the shootout of the raids isnt right, detectives are always outgunned with just a pistol, I would suggest not participating in a raid unless it absolutely means saving your life for instance I have called in about illegal activity before and only participated in the shootout because I made the mistake of allowing the criminals to overhear my radio and obviously tried to kill me.

A good detective should not be involved as you instantly blow cover, even tho most of the time once people see you arrest or taze someone once your id is ruined.

Edited to also add: If you keep getting shot as detective many cases its because the detectives do not identify them-self before entering a situation, IE : if you hear a call for some backup at bank and you roll up with out letting other officers know what you are wearing and that you are detective you will be shot almost every-time.