FEEDBACK Exploit

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
  • Are you interested in helping and being engaged in the community further? Apply for a Staff Position!

Damp Eggplant

Suspended
Suspended
Mar 10, 2020
Hey Community:

I wanted to focus on the point of exploiting. So I recently got two warning pts for exploiting it was my first offense and it happened in a 40 sec time period- but I aint gonna complain about that cuz I want this to make it past the staff and to the community. But honestly what I wanted to say is: exploiting bugs should not be a rule break - I have a lot of reasoning for this so just hang on:

Monolith is a VIDEO GAME community which I think we can all agree upon- all video games have bugs and glitches. However it is not the players fault for these bug- as consumers we are naturally juxtaposed to do what is in front of us without thinking twice. Therefor it kind of seems a little odd to me that there is a punishment for exploiting. In addition- there is honestly no point for a punishment- it is not the players fault period so I feel that it is unfair for the players to be punished for something that they arent entirely in control of. I feel that the developers should be held at fault not the players-I love you devs I just want to make a point for the staff. And this is not just me talking for being salty for getting warning points. I have also noticed that exploiting ban/warning points are often pretty harsh even for first offenders such as myself. For example when my brother was brand brand new to monolith he unknowingly used the arrested with a gun bug- his punishment was a pretty hefty ban for a new timer.

Just consider this

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
Our rules are very clear on exploiting.
Any form of hacking, abusing or exploiting to gain an advantage over other players is not allowed. Report accidental exploiting to the respective staff members immediately and refrain from using and sharing those.

Aspect

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Police Supervisor
Mar 23, 2019
United States
exploiting bugs should not be a rule break
The reason I disagree with this is because If expoiting was not a rule break then people could use them to their advantage making it unfair for other players. Exploiting is never ok. If you are to find an exploit do not tell anybody except for a high ranking staff or dev and we can fix it. The main problem is people like to abuse them. I personally dont punish someone who found an exploit as long as they don't it again because sometimes its an accident.

Damp Eggplant

Suspended
Suspended
Mar 10, 2020
Our rules are very clear on exploiting.
But can you at least agree that it is no 100% the player's fault-like other rule breaks

Damp Eggplant

Suspended
Suspended
Mar 10, 2020

Aspect

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Police Supervisor
Mar 23, 2019
United States
So you are telling me that when a bug unwillingly happens to a player it is 100% their fault?
Only if its by accident and they report it. Otherwise yes

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
So you are telling me that when a bug unwillingly happens to a player it is 100% their fault?
No - when you encounter a exploit you're required per our server rules to report it to the staff team. If the exploit is not reported and abused we will take appropriate actions.

Damp Eggplant

Suspended
Suspended
Mar 10, 2020
No - when you encounter a exploit you're required per our server rules to report it to the staff team. If the exploit is not reported and abused we will take appropriate actions.
I would like to mention my warning point appeal I just made that was instantly denied. My situation happened within seconds and was mid gun fight yet I still received two warning points(it was also my first offence).

Tye

Monolith Grinder
Jun 28, 2019
Im gonna assume what happened to u is what u are mentioning, that has been a bug for over a year and it Isnt something you can do on purpose

Damp Eggplant

Suspended
Suspended
Mar 10, 2020
Im gonna assume what happened to u is what u are mentioning, that has been a bug for over a year and it Isnt something you can do on purpose
yep thats exactly what Im talking about- I had no intention to do it yet i recieved two warning pts for it

Tye

Monolith Grinder
Jun 28, 2019
yep thats exactly what Im talking about- I had no intention to do it yet i recieved two warning pts for it
Yeh u cant plan smth like that. Its basically impossible to abuse

JucaMais

Monolith Grinder
May 1, 2019
Brazil
www.youtube.com
I guess your best way is: see a potential game situation/bug/weird mechanic that would benefit you a lot when it's not supposed to? get away from it

As in your situation, if you just have hold the temptation and not pulled the trigger when you were cuffed and not supposed to be with your hand free, you wouldn't get all that trouble for yourself.

When you encounter an exploit the temptation to exploit it and gain some sort of advange can be very intense but you should ask yourself: "Will be worth it to get permabanned just for some XX I ll get from this exploit?"

Last edited: