Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: JohnConner235
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:79053615
Your Character Name: Ryan Brian

Target Steam Name: Lucky
Target SteamID: STEAM_0:0:551141471
Target Character Name (if known): Lucky Saints

Request Reason: RailRP Despawning a taxi as he was aware of the pick up, but didn't think to get help by calling PD on his own if he wants to counter the towing, But I tow all cars that sit in front of town hall, because its not a valid parking zone.
When did the situation occur?: Tue Jul 20 18:41:12 2021 - Tue Jul 20 18:48:35 2021
Your evidence to support your claim:
(Picture 1: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962453 )
(Picture 2: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962457 )
(Picture 3: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962464 )
(Picture 4: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962473 )
(Picture 5: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962481 )
(Picture 6: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962489 )
(Picture 7: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962496 )
(Picture 8: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962505 )
(Picture 9: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962511 )
(Picture 10: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962516 )
(Picture 11: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962524 )
(Picture 12: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962532 )
(Picture 13: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962542 )
(Picture 14: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962551 )
(Picture 15: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962558 )
(Picture 16: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962567 )
(Picture 17: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2552962611 )

Additional members involved/witnessing: Mayor Jordan Cash.
Read, understood and followed player report rules?: Yes.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Under Review

@RaeLeFleur you are mentioned in this player report. Please provide your side within 24 hours or this will be handled without your input.

Lucky ✯

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Hello, and good morning

I had just got on taxi driver, and decided to run in town hall for literally ten seconds to tell people of my business as a taxi man. I walked outside, and you immediately picked up my car and just sat there with it. I spoke with you for about 10 minutes straight trying to work out a deal about it being towed, you didn't drive away, and you wouldn't cooperate with me. I said, I can just pay whatever free you are gonna give me now, and I asked if you could give me a ticket instead. Obviously you won't show that RP, you just make it seem like I job abused to despawn my car. So after about 10m of you just holding my car there, with no roleplay taking place. I wasn't going to call the PD because I was speaking with the PD (You). It's not like you were towing my car away, you were just stationary with my car on the hook for 5+ minutes, and even after I got out of the car you still didn't tow it. If you wanted to tow my car, it's your job, but you can't expect me to watch you for ten minutes just idling with my car on your hook.

After you were just chilling with my car, I heard shit going down over my radio, so I got off taxi driver, and went to go deal with the situation and help out my friends. Never did I job abuse to get my taxi back, nor did I even get back on taxi driver period. After picking up my car you had PLENTY of time to take it and impound it, but you just kept arguing and idling with it on the hook, it's not like I went and quit taxi driver right after I seen you pick it up. I don't know what you expect people to do when you just hold their car hostage on the hook without impounding it or allowing them to pay a fee.

Had I quit, then gotten re-hired would have been job abuse, but I did not do that, Although I can see how it would look like I did that to you. As I stated previously, you picking up my car had nothing to do with my staying on my job or not.

Please show the clip entirely of us talking about the towing. It will show you idling for quite a while with my car, in that time you could have taken it, and due to other circumstances I needed to get off of my current job and return to civilian, after the time you had already spent arguing with me and idling, I couldn't wait all day for you to wake up and continue your job.

Thank you, and have a good rest of your day.

- Lucky

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

@JohnConner235 Why did you sit in front of town hall with it for nearly 8 minutes instead of just taking it to impound?

JohnConner235

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Well as a tow operator there is a IRL law that a vehicle can not be towed while the vehicle is occupied, which means if I move while there in there, its my fault if they get injured from towing or vehicular accidents. I told him he can gladding MPD to help him, but If I had called it out, I would get KOS by any civ that was around my truck.

Be aware the city of monolith has the law "ALL US Traffic Laws are applied to monolith"

Code of Virginia​

Table of Contents » Title 46.2. Motor Vehicles » Subtitle I. General Provisions; Department of Motor Vehicles » Chapter 1. General Provisions » § 46.2-118. Prohibited acts by tow truck drivers and towing and recovery operators
§ 46.2-118. Prohibited acts by tow truck drivers and towing and recovery operators.
A. No tow truck driver shall:
2. Conduct his business or offer services in such a manner as to endanger the health and welfare of the public;

Last edited:

Lucky ✯

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Well as a tow operator there is a IRL law that a vehicle can not be towed while the vehicle is occupied, which means if I move while there in there, its my fault if they get injured from towing or vehicular accidents. I told him he can gladding MPD to help him, but If I had called it out, I would get KOS by any civ that was around my truck.

Be aware the city of monolith has the law "ALL US Traffic Laws are applied to monolith"

Code of Virginia​

Table of Contents » Title 46.2. Motor Vehicles » Subtitle I. General Provisions; Department of Motor Vehicles » Chapter 1. General Provisions » § 46.2-118. Prohibited acts by tow truck drivers and towing and recovery operators
§ 46.2-118. Prohibited acts by tow truck drivers and towing and recovery operators.
A. No tow truck driver shall:
2. Conduct his business or offer services in such a manner as to endanger the health and welfare of the public;

I understand you couldn't tow it with me inside, but that's not what I am complaining about. After it was clear you were not wanting to work out a deal, I got out and walked away, even looking back at you then, you were still just sitting infront of town hall with the car on the hook. I am not sure if you were AFK or what. I was not in the car for nearly the whole time, I just hopped in when I got outside town hall. Once again, like I stated above, you have PLENTY of time to go and tow it away, without me inside, and without anyone stopping you.

Also, even after I had quit and was driving to my friends in my personal vehicle, you were still in the area, which told me even after I was out of sight, you never left.
If you want to tow cars, go ahead, but if you just hold people's cars all day on your hook, you can't expect them to drop all things and wait for you to slowly impound it over the course of 15 minutes.

JohnConner235

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Before towing cars I take picture evidence on the plate in the PD database, searching the plate, driver data, and driver licenses. So as I do that I look like im idled. Other than that I tow any car that parks there as its not a valid parking space. You have the 2 ally ways, the park's parking spaces, the underground garage, or the parking spaces behide city hall, but not in front of city hall.

Lucky ✯

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Before towing cars I take picture evidence on the plate in the PD database, searching the plate, driver data, and driver licenses. So as I do that I look like im idled. Other than that I tow any car that parks there as its not a valid parking space. You have the 2 ally ways, the park's parking spaces, the underground garage, or the parking spaces behide city hall, but not in front of city hall.
I understand that, I am not saying that the towing is false, it was all in RP. But regardless of whatever you are doing man you can't just idle with my car for a while and expect me to sit and wait for you to impound it on the job. I needed to leave the job and go at that moment, and from the point of you grabbing it you had plenty of time to take it. Maybe you should re-consider the amount of time you spend taking photos and looking in your CAD. I tried to give you some time to take it but I stopped caring after seeing you still not moving even after I had walked away, and I wasn't going to listen to my friends die over radio while you idled with my job car.

JohnConner235

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I gave you the reason why and what I have to do on my job, but most of that interaction was you sitting in the damn car, which I clearly stated above, I cant move while your in the car.
2nd I always take pictures because I cant run a recording program for gmod, because then they both crash and it useless for me to do it like that.
3rd I was trying to tell you its a recovery not an impound as job cars cant be impounded only civ cars, so you would've gotten a ticket saying, "Taxi, Blocking lane, $500 +300 Recovery, $800" That is slightly less by $200, but thats the method I do to ambulances if no lights, mayor's cars if no lights, garbage trucks, taxis, fire trucks if no lights, even cop cars if no lights.

If there is a Violation to any traffic violations I do my part and correct the problems I see, but Im sorry my on duty working speed is not fast enough for players that prefer fast FPS games.

Lucky ✯

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I gave you the reason why and what I have to do on my job, but most of that interaction was you sitting in the damn car, which I clearly stated above, I cant move while your in the car.
2nd I always take pictures because I cant run a recording program for gmod, because then they both crash and it useless for me to do it like that.
3rd I was trying to tell you its a recovery not an impound as job cars cant be impounded only civ cars, so you would've gotten a ticket saying, "Taxi, Blocking lane, $500 +300 Recovery, $800" That is slightly less by $200, but thats the method I do to ambulances if no lights, mayor's cars if no lights, garbage trucks, taxis, fire trucks if no lights, even cop cars if no lights.

If there is a Violation to any traffic violations I do my part and correct the problems I see, but Im sorry my on duty working speed is not fast enough for players that prefer fast FPS games.
I think how you seriously roleplay is very nice, It is good that you take your in-game job seriously, and I understand that, but all I am saying here is that not everyone, especially in circumstances like myself, can take the time to wait for you to go through your CAD and take pictures. It was an unfortunate situation for you, but considering I did not job abuse to return my car, and I gave you time to take the car away, I didn't really break any rules.

I encourage you to keep roleplaying how you do, and how you want to, I am just saying if you're working slow like that it may not always work out for you, because people simply put do not have the time to stay on a job while you hold their car still.

Instead of taking loads of screenshots and taking up unnecessary time, I recommend using Steelseries GG to record your gameplay. I have used windows game capture, Nvidia capture, Medal, and other programs and all have lagged or crashed my game, but not GG. This recording software is lighter on RAM and CPU usage than any other program I have seen, and if it is still too much, there are options to record in a lower resolution and framerate. I have been using it for a month or two and I can say, it has been a life saver to have video evidence of situations. Give it a try, and maybe situations such as this one wouldn't happen so often.

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

As far as I can tell the screenshots do show @RaeLeFleur or at least somebody in the vehicle for almost the whole 8 minutes it was hooked up.

JohnConner235

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

As far as I can tell the screenshots do show @RaeLeFleur or at least somebody in the vehicle for almost the whole 8 minutes it was hooked up.
So by the laws I was following, I was in the right while he said I can tow away at any time, but I couldn't?

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

So by the laws I was following, I was in the right while he said I can tow away at any time, but I couldn't?
You have much more patience than I do, but yes, I can say you were right to not tow during that time.

Lucky ✯

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Even after I had hopped out and walked to the other side of the street the guy was still chilling with my car. Never did I quit my job to impede roleplay or deter his roleplay. Like I said, whether the car was up or not I was going to go back on civ to go help my friends who were about to be in a fight. I did not job abuse to return the taxi to me, and I did not quit my job to spite him, simply put. I never returned to taxi driver, so I fail to see what rule I broke. Him having my car on the hook had no say in my going to help my friends on civ. If the taxi could have stayed on his lift, I would have liked it to. Me quitting my job did not positively affect me in any way with the car.
At any point you could have towed the vehicle. Like I said, even after I got out, and even after I quit my job and was leaving in a personal vehicle to go and help my friends, you were still idle in the same area, so obviously you had no intentions to leave with the car.

-----
I have responded enough to this thread, so I'll leave it to alpha to come up with a verdict, but personally I see no rule broken here considering I did not abuse quitting my job to return my car to me, as I never got back on taxi driver within the hour or even the rest of the day, and quite frankly, nobody was harmed here.

Have a nice day.
~ Lucky

Alphadef

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

[1.7] Any form of hacking, abusing or exploiting to gain an advantage over other players is not allowed. Report accidental exploiting to the respective staff members immediately and refrain from using and sharing those.

This is honestly a bit of a tricky situation where I honestly feel you're somehow simultaneously both in the right here. Ryan is right to complain that Rae didn't leave his vehicle to let him tow it and despawned it, but at the same time, its pretty safe to say Rae's intentions were not to break roleplay but rather to move onto different (and potentially time sensitive) roleplay. As such, I'm going to side with Rae's intent a bit here, since as he pointed out he didn't rejoin taxi and instead went to do something else. No punishment will be issued at this time. In the future however @RaeLeFleur if your interest is in getting the car towed as quickly as possible maybe don't sit in it for 8 minutes next time.

If I've missed anything, or if you would like to discuss any part of this verdict, please let me know through private messages here or on discord.

Player Report Denied,
Locked and Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.