Welcome to the new and fresh Farming Guide, in this guide I go over how to farm in an in-depth view. Before we begin, I would like to give a small appreciation to @Moretti as he had made the first farming guide way back in 2017. Without it, many people including myself would have never learned how to farm. This post does take inspiration from his post.
The first thing you want to do is Purchase a Trowel and Watering Can. This can be purchased from the Supermarket. [To find the supermarket, open your Monotablet (1) and click the "Mono-Map" app icon]
Inside the Supermarket, talk to the Tool Cashier NPC by pressing E on him. A menu will appear where you can purchase the Watering Can and a Trowel.
Once you Purchase your equipment, it is now time to purchase your seeds. So head over to the Seed Cashier.
Talk to the Seed Cashier NPC by pressing E on him. A menu will appear where you can purchase Tomato Seeds.
Make sure to purchase 15 seeds (5 seeds per batch of tomatoes, so 3 batches in 15, buy as much as you want).
There are other seeds that are available for purchase however they are available once you level up farming which will be a later section.
Alright, now that you have your items you are ready to start farming!
Once you have all your items, you can now begin farming, (These are old images but get the point across)
The first thing you want to do is find a suitable location for farming, keep in mind 2 things.
- You can only plant on grass/soil. You cannot plant onto solid objects like wood or concrete.
- Public farming (See rules for details) is considered illegal and is arrestable so I recommend buying a house with grass to farm (Also affects XP).
Once your desired spot has been acquired you can plot down all of your dirt piles which is 5 at level 1 (see Leveling section for details)
When you plot it down, you can press E on the plots to open up a seed selection menu, select tomato seeds for now. [Repeat for all 5]
Once the seed has been planted a small menu will appear above each plot (As shown below)
Each graph has its own individual purpose
- This is the health bar, if the plant doesn't receive enough water, this drains until it dies.
- This is the water bar, keep this up by watering your plants using the Watering Can
- This is the completion bar, once its full the plant is ready
And that is it! You have now learned how to farm! All that is left to do is to sell your food to the Supermarket.
How to sell to NPCs
- To equip your equipment, open your inventory and click the equipment, then click equip
- To take out your equipment, use your scroll wheel or press . Then you can select the tool.
- Presuming you keep watering your plants, once they hit 75-80% you no longer have to water them as the water stat is only there for the health, not completion, so you can have a sliver of water but the plant will be at 100% so it wouldn't matter.
- Purchase Seeds when Taxes are at the lowest preferably 0% [Save money]
- Sell products when Taxes are the highest preferably 20% [Increase Pay]
- You can have a maximum of 6 plots as a non-premium
- You can have a maximum of 9 plots as premium
- https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/farming-xp-money-calculator.15425/ XP/Money Calculator
- You get more XP from farming on your own property
123.9 KB Views: 263
63 KB Views: 261