MRP Firefighter Rework

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion and suggestions related to it have been posted several times so I thought I would compile some of them and add my thoughts to it as well.

Description of Suggestion: Fire missions right now are kind of bland, being it that all the firefighters must do is go to a location and put out a fire, some suggest that to make this more interesting, the fires need to be bigger and spread. However, this is quite taxing on everyone's performance and is not the most ideal compromise. I suggest that the fire missions act like the EMS and police missions, except in the fireman's case, they must enter an area and pull civilians (NPC's) out of the fire and put it out as well. Fires right now also just randomly spawn without much reason. However, if fire spawns have a condition to spawn or an action that spawns them (For example, using a device that plugs into the wall, like a microwave, too much could spawn a fire) a lot of cool RP could be had. And maybe arson could be a thing to consider, however that could be easily abused.

Reason It Should Be Added: Firefighter jobs are bland and repetitive right now, doing this could not only make firefighter more interesting, but also generate a lot of potential RP for other players too.

Timothy.Taylor

Oct 18, 2018
-support

You have to keep in mind that unlike EMS and PD missions, fires hurt players, back in Paralake it was hell to have a fire mission randomly spawn in slums and destroy all your equipment for drugs.

I'm not opposed to better FD missions but bigger fires kill frames and players

rako

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Ireland
I have just turned down the fires and you want them back up? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
In future I'm thinking of redoing the missions so there's a little variety to it

wr1ght

Jan 24, 2018
United States
There is tons of roleplay potential for firefighters. In reality, the FD also responds to paramedic / ambulance calls among other miscellaneous things. Fires need a permanent solution instead of tuning them every other week. One day there's giant fires that don't go out every five minutes, then the next day there's none at all. I'm almost level 100 fire chief and I think it's a good enough job as is, but the ability to get discounts on medical supplies such as CPR kits and other supplies would be nice.

rako

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Ireland
Oh I am working on adding job-only CPR kits, so don't worry about that :)

Reactions: wr1ght

sparrow

Aug 9, 2018
I have just turned down the fires and you want them back up? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
In future I'm thinking of redoing the missions so there's a little variety to it
maybe make it where fires only start when theirs at least one FD on duty

wr1ght

Jan 24, 2018
United States
maybe make it where fires only start when theirs at least one FD on duty
Pretty sure fires only start if there's people on the job anyways.

Oh I am working on adding job-only CPR kits, so don't worry about that :)
@rako Finally. By the way, could you possibly think about merging the EMS and Fire Department 911 callouts? (if they aren't already)
Reason being it's difficult to roleplay responding to paramedic calls as a firefighter because firefighters don't really receive them unless someone says something over the radio. Not sure why there's two different categories for EMS and the FD anyway. Paramedics would also respond to fires vice-versa IRL. (callouts being, when someone places a 911 call and selects Fire Department or EMS)

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
Fire rate has been lowered, will not be raised for now.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.