frankybullcranky

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

What are ya'lls opinions on the whole flavoured vape ban going on in the states. I think it's a huge ploy by big tobacco to maintain control of that sector. The JUUL CEO has resigned and has been replaced by someone in big tobacco so hmm...

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

What are ya'lls opinions on the whole flavoured vape ban going on in the states. I think it's a huge ploy by big tobacco to maintain control of that sector. The JUUL CEO has resigned and has been replaced by someone in big tobacco so hmm...

I say let the people who are studying this, who have only said they have linked, I believe, no more than three deaths to this. While I don't believe yet that vaping is lethal on a wide scale (yet) until those who study health related manners say otherwise, I always sort of figured that vaping was never 100% healthy and free of any health risks. When they came onto the scene as an alternative to smoking cigarettes and tobacco related products, anyone who actually did think they were completely 100% risk free from their health being affected by vapes are complete morons. Nothing in life is without some sort of consequence.

Colonel Cookie

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

My teacher gave me a funny caveman explanation of this. I’ll paraphrase it

Smoke bad
You smoke?
Vape better then smoke but more addictive
You no smoke?
Vape and Smoke bad

21?
Weed good.

Bojangles

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

We’ll never know the full truth since people will automatically believe a “study” that releases on any mainstream network, not knowing that studies are typically heavily influenced by the funders. ‍♂️

frankybullcranky

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Just wanted to add, it's been about 2 months since I last smoked a cigarette thanks to vaping and I feel so much better. Of course not smoking on anything is the most healthy but there's no doubt in my mind that vaping, at least immediately, is better on the lungs etc. than smoking a cigarette. I used to smoke reds everyday, it was like a pack every 2 days ish.

TheXeno

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Just wanted to add, it's been about 2 months since I last smoked a cigarette thanks to vaping and I feel so much better. Of course not smoking on anything is the most healthy but there's no doubt in my mind that vaping, at least immediately, is better on the lungs etc. than smoking a cigarette. I used to smoke reds everyday, it was like a pack every 2 days ish.
Well im glad it helped, I strongly do believe vaping is better. However many kids pick up the habit when they dont even smoke.

Jet

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Media Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

its illegal thc vape thats getting it banned, but I heard it's temporary ban, long enough for FDA to do tests on them and whatever else.
also from what I seen about it, it's not a complete ban, you can still vape, but it can only be tobacco flavored e-juice, it can't be flavored.

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

its illegal thc vape thats getting it banned, but I heard it's temporary ban, long enough for FDA to do tests on them and whatever else.
also from what I seen about it, it's not a complete ban, you can still vape, but it can only be tobacco flavored e-juice, it can't be flavored.

^This.

Vig Rollins

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

There are more than 480,000 smoking related deaths in the United States annually. Less than a dozen people die from counterfeit, blackmarket THC carts that were probably cut with something that is well-known to be toxic and now they come after nicotine e-liquid? Something smells of corruption. If they wanted to actually fix the problem then they would finally legalize cannabis federally so that these cartridges can be regulated and not cut down with random chemicals by shady dealers trying to make some extra profits.

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Inhaling any form of smoke, vapor or whatever is stupid in my opinion... Personally i've been around tabacco smokers most my life and that shit stinks and ruins everything it touches, vaping just seems edgy to me and smells bad, weed I can somewhat understand as it has some positive benefits and seems to be relaxing but should be only allowed to those who need it medically. I've seen people sent home from the army in NZ because of weed in there system, it just doesn't seem worth it to me when it basically can screw with you legally.

Have I ever smoked?
The closest I've come is Shisha, visited Indonesia some time back in 2016 and ended up being peer pressured into inhaling a puff or two. Never will again.

In the end you do what ever floats your goat, I don't really care tbh

Last edited:

Vig Rollins

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Inhaling any form of smoke, vapor or whatever is stupid in my opinion... Personally i've been around tabacco smokers most my life and that shit stinks and ruins everything it touches, vaping just seems edgy to me and smells shit, weed I can somewhat understand as it has some positive benefits but should be only allowed to those who need it medically. I've seen people sent home from the army in NZ because of weed in there system, it just doesn't seem worth it to me when it basically can screw with you legally.

Have I ever smoked?
The closest I've come is Shisha, visited Indonesia some time back in 2016 and ended up being peer pressured into inhaling a puff or two. Never will again.

biggest advise, don't start, waste of money paying for something as useless as tabacco, vaping or weed for that matter.
So you've never actually gotten high but you are comfortable blanketly dismissing drugs as stupid? Seems legit

Jet

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Media Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I mean everyone has their own preferences, I mean I'm all for medical marijuana, because if it has any medical benefits like they claim and it does help, I'm for it, better than use of pills any whatever to get people addicted to those, but I'm not a fan of just smoking marijuana because its makes you cool or whatever, I just personally prefer Vape because it doesn't contain any of the chemicals or whatever that causes cancer, and you're not inhaling smoke, and it has variety of flavors, as well as being a good alternative to get off smoking cigarettes, the only thing that's not really good for you in vapes is the Nicotine, or if you went and bought illegal / unregulated vape products.

Tyro

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

The fact that there’s over 400,000 deaths a year for cigarettes and that’s still legal, but 6 deaths from vaping ohhh no that’s were we draw the line.

Vig Rollins

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Don't talk about darwinism with me unless you've eaten a quarter oz of shrooms in one sitting and lived to tell the tale buddy boy

And it didn't "make me cool" it literally opened my entire world view up and gave me a new perspective. Sometimes spiritual and mental growth can be derived from these drugs and blanketly dismissing them as being for self destructive party goers and junkies is doing the field of pharmacology a huge disservice. I'm glad to see a lot of research opening up in different fields to use drugs like magic mushrooms to treat depression, LSD to treat OCD, MDMA to treat PTSD, Ketamine for a multitude of things. ❤

frankybullcranky

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Don't talk about darwinism with me unless you've eaten a quarter oz of shrooms in one sitting and lived to tell the tale buddy boy

And it didn't "make me cool" it literally opened my entire world view up and gave me a new perspective. Sometimes spiritual and mental growth can be derived from these drugs and blanketly dismissing them as being for self destructive party goers and junkies is doing the field of pharmacology a huge disservice. I'm glad to see a lot of research opening up in different fields to use drugs like magic mushrooms to treat depression, LSD to treat OCD, MDMA to treat PTSD, Ketamine for a multitude of things. ❤

Well said dude. I used to be pretty close-minded before I smoked and then life got to me. Being close-minded does you no good than boost complacent ignorance.

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Oh shit, I salute you soldier

Eden305

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I love the flavors, except tobacco so I'm kinda screwed here

Jet

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Media Team
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I love the flavors, except tobacco so I'm kinda screwed here

I'm same here. But after they done investigations I reckon the vape isn't really gonna be banned, cause its been found that lot of the illnesses and issues were due to illegal THC / Vitamin C (I think its C) and whatever else was mixed in it.