Foxtrot0295

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

i remember playing monolith on my old "decent but not good enough" pc, ive upgraded my PC and i still get low fps on monolith.

any tips to help with FPS?

Colonel Cookie

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I run an Autoexec to make my graphics extra trash for performance. This is the one I have saved (Steam Community :: Guide :: Gmod High FPS CFG).

If you still have bad FPS you can lower your resolution to something lower but still playable. In my experience lowering your Field Of View (FOV) gives you a bit of an increase too.

HockeyExpert30

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

What are your pc specs?

Frankie Klumps

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Update your GeForce Drivers, Always close out of Google Chrome if you need it to play use FireFox, Turn down your resolution. Hope this helps with your FPS.

Mr.toilet

Banned
Banned
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Update your GeForce Drivers, Always close out of Google Chrome if you need it to play use FireFox, Turn down your resolution. Hope this helps with your FPS.
How do i turn down res without it making my window smaller

Frankie Klumps

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I don’t think you can, I also suggest closing out of any unnecessary applications running through task manager as these up your CPU and Ram. Especially google chrome get Firefox it’s a one of the best gaming Web Browers you can get, Also get Malwarebytes if you don’t already use the free trial and Do a scan for any Rats on your PC, If found any I suggest you quarantine them and investigate the file a bit then delete them if you think it’s a threat. Make sure to inspect where the Threat came from to make sure it’s not anything important that you need if it’s something you don’t recognize delete it.

Mazen

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

make sure you have your game set to full screen and not borderless or windowed. After setting your game to full screen you should be able to lower your resolution without it making the window any smaller (still full screen)