Not open for further replies.

Sushi

Executive Director
Executive Director
Forum Moderator
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

2DV_wK7CrRvKjN0vgUZp3JX8fktj_QlA7LyX4YfwZiU7PIyg--zhn-7pRWucK30T2HIydQQ0sHIhZOYUNwuEODasNx0p577f14_twRObBu9DHO1psYwTFMD7OwwPvwbnpMe6HVmv

Frequently asked questions

How do I get started?
Server guides can be found here: https://monolithservers.com/forums/forums/guides.19/

How do I download the content pack?
You can find the required content here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1921957686

What game content do I require?
You will need CSS and HL2 mounted to Garry's Mod to avoid errors

How do I contact a staff member?
You can use our report system in-game by typing !report or you can further reach staff members outside of the server through the forums or discord.

I have witnessed a player break a rule and I have evidence to prove it, how do I go about reporting the incident?
You can create a report here: https://monolithservers.com/forums/forums/reports.47/

I would like to appeal a staff decision (e.g ban or blacklist), how do I go about doing so?
You can create a appeal here: https://monolithservers.com/forums/forums/appeals.48/

How do I apply to become a staff member?
You can apply for a staff position here: https://monolithservers.com/forums/forums/applications.17/

Are zip-ties illegal or legal?
Legal.

Are lockpicks illegal or legal?
Illegal.

Is LSD equipment illegal if they have all the ingredients on them at the same time?
No, only the chemicals themselves are illegal, the rest is legal.

Are you able to mug players for fridges?
No.

Are melee weapons illegal or legal?
Legal.

Are weed seeds illegal?
Yes.

Are coca seeds illegal?
Just like weed seeds, coca seeds are illegal.

Are masks illegal?
Yes.

Are drills for the bank illegal?
Yes.

Is jet-fuel for cocaine illegal?
Yes.

Does raiding the Police Department count towards the raid timer in rule 5.1.1
Yes it is. You may not raid the PD multiple times within the 1 hour cooldown.

Can third-person videos or screenshots be used as In Character information?
No.

Are the sounds of illegal equipment admissible as evidence in a police raid?
No.

Is item or money scamming In Character allowed?
Yes, it is entirely your own fault.

Is real world trading allowed (e.g Selling virtual money for real life currency)?
Strictly forbidden, except for premium which you can sell but not frequently advertise on the server and never on the forums.

If a person is holding me at gun/knife-point, can I right-click on them with my Bong to make them auto-equip it so I am no longer under FearRP?
No. That would be powergaming.

Can non-premium members steal premium items in a raid?
No.

Can you mug players during a raid even when you are on mugging cooldown?
Yes. Mugging and raiding are two separate things. Surrendered players may therefore be mugged of their illegal belongings.

Is it required to use the camera item for evidence in police raids or are screenshots okay?
As the rule states, the evidence is not required for an IC purpose, but to prove to a staff member in a potential OOC sit that the police had seen illegal activity on the property, EG illegal weapons or drugs. As such a screenshot if fine.
Before performing a police raid, you should gather video or picture evidence to ensure and prove that there is illegal activity going on at that specific property. 911 calls can not be used as evidence to raid a property. You MUST have evidence ready in case a staff member requires it.

Can the Chief or Assistant Chief authorize SWAT to be on for training sessions, regardless of emergency state?
Yes.

Message me on the forum if you have something that needs to be added.

A thank you to @Johnny183 for assisting with the questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Can you mug players during a raid even when you are on mugging cooldown?
Yes. Mugging and raiding are two seperate things. Surrendered players may therefore be mugged of their illegal belongings.

Lola Meid

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Is real world trading allowed (e.g Selling virtual money for real life currency)?
Strictly forbidden, except for premium which you can sell but not frequently advertise on the server and never on the forums.

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

Updated with
Is it required to use the camera item for evidence in police raids or are screenshots okay?
As the rule states, the evidence is not required for an IC purpose, but to prove to a staff member in a potential OOC sit that the police had seen illegal activity on the property, EG illegal weapons or drugs.

Stuvi

Monolith God

Years of Mono

LV

Can the Sheriff or Captain authorize SWAT to be on for training sessions, regardless of emergency state?
Yes.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Are zip-ties illegal or legal?
Legal.

Are lockpicks illegal or legal?
Illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.