Not open for further replies.

Mr.Marsh

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

A description of your technical issue:
My Game crashes (immedialy) after joining the server (after or at times before getting the spawn screen & "lobby" music) It is unclear wether i crash loading the lua files or during the spawnscreen. Though i suspect the later (see below).

Has it happened before?:
No this only started to happen after the 2 last updates (1.4 and 1.4.1). I recently returned after an estimated 3 or 4 weeks. Interestingly i had to download roughly 7.6 gb of content when joining the server thoguh i had subscribed to all the server content a few month ago. Guessing 1.4 was a major update then (perhaps some of the new content is causing the issue).

Extraneous details/description:
This issue is reproducable as i crashed several times. Though at times the issue may vary slightly. There are 2 versions:

version 1
The first time i joined the server after the new update i was able to spawn in (though with rather severe framedrops at times). I even was able to get a job (Medical Supervisor) spawn a car and drive about a minute or two before crashing with no error message or similar. Unfortunatly i do not recall what i did immediatly before the crash though i did nothing extraordinary.
This happened just once - so far i never made it past the spawnscreen again.

version 2
After trying to connect, checking alll the files, loading lua files etc. i immediatly crash (it is hard to tell if i made it to the spawn screen or crashed loading the lua files - though i suspect i made it to the spawnscreen [See version 3])
This issue is the most common one and has happened several times so far.

version 3
The third version is almost identical to version 2 though it actually gave me an error message after the crash:

vertex issue.PNG

This only happened once though. Usually i do not get the engine error pop-up.
I suspect a new model could perhaps be causing this. It is worth noting that i recently installed shadowplay. Though i have not touched GMOD settings thoruhg "Nvidia Experience" perhaps the mere presence of the program or the overlay / background recording may have messed sth up.

Have you checked “solved” for your issue?:
Yes - it does not show up

I thank you for your time and Help.

With kind regards,
Merl

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Lower your texture quality and make sure you are on the 64 bit beta, you can also try lowering anti aliasing in your gmod settings since that error means that you are running out of VRAM

Moved to solved

Status
Not open for further replies.