Status
Not open for further replies.

green3

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

hello

A description of your technical issue: my game crashes immediately when it finishes loading the server, ive only successfully managed to log in once.
Has it happened before?: yes, it happens constantly and never had not happened with me
Extraneous details/description: no bug error code, no nothing, tried running gmod regular verison, chromium and x64, my rig is more than enough to run the game and have played many many servers with no issues beforehand.
Have you checked “solved” for your issue?:
yes no success

Doug Dimmadome

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

This could be a problem with either your PC Specs or your Game Cache. Try a fresh wipe of gmod
delete from steam then proceed to the steamapps folder to delete the excess folder for a fresh wipe.
If this fails to work attempt loading in windowed mode might run a bit better.

imaspy14

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Verify your files, use 64bit, uninstall all mods then reinstall or just play without the mods installed and let it load in while connecting to the server, or just uninstall Gmod and reinstall

green3

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

okay so my pc specs are
i5 7600k 4.0ghz
16gb ram
gtx 1070 FTW
and my gmod runs on a samsung SSD

i run on win10 64bit
I have no problems with any other gmod modifications (literally any server)
i verified files and no success

I also tried joining the server without having any mods and it kicked me out after trying to load twice (for missing map)

Is there any solution without deleting all my mods? I'm kinda using most of them :D

P.S:
I have one successful attempt at connecting and playing, this was before making this post.
oh and to Uberovsasador's recommendation im running on windowed, still no success

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Unfortunately, as you said, you're using most of your addons. The server takes a lot of your CPU up and having lots of addons will cause your game to be unstable, not Monolith's problem, just Garry's Mod's engine is so old it can only handle so much. I'm not sure there are any other solutions besides clearing up some addons.
Some launch options you can try: -high -novid -processheap -threads 8 +exec autoexec -fullscreen -windowed -noborder.
Other than that, I'm gonna lock and move this since there's really no solution unless you make space for the gamemode.

Status
Not open for further replies.