Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

This thread is to talk about imaginary/grey rules that are enforced till this day.
Drop a comment if you have any experience with any
imaginary/grey rules
Server needs to add or change rules.

Ill start off with when I got warned back in Monoford for mugging someone on a "public road". That was my punishment. "I was mugging on a public road" NOT "Public mugging (where people are around or any traffic)"
I mugged someone on the road after the drawbridge , in front of the juniper heights sign and the server count was low from what I remember. I mugged this dude when there wasn't any traffic or anyone around. You gotta understand how Roleplay works. Its off by environment, I had my chance right there and then. And I'm going to try to mug him. Thats what makes it exciting to play mono until Staff intervene. Because Where in the rules does that say that shit "mugging on a public road".
  1. You may not mug or kidnap in crowded places or near any NPCs, criminal or regular - you must do it in less populated and less exposed areas. This may not be in front of an NPC and/or governmental buildings such as the Police Department, Sheriff's Department, Hospital, Fire Department, City Hall, and the Bank.
I reached out and 3 staff members told me its because its a popular road and people use it often. If that's the logic, why are staff inconsistent with it. Why do people get away with mugging at the layer 2 ramp. Its popular and people use it often. The answer is because there is not a written rule and staff do whatever they feel like enforcing. I reached out and Some Staff members say yes and some Staff say no. And other staff just sometimes won't respond to my question. There needs to be rule changes/clarification.
Been playing this server for years and now? I'm being introduced to these new imaginary rules? That some staff made up and it just somehow spread to the new staff team.

BENEFITS for adding rules/clarifying
- Reduces Players targeting Staff
- Players understand it was written in the rules
- Staff are more comfortable (they don't have to always call another staff for a decision)
- Reduces Admin's sits (Because when its a grey/imaginary rule they'll take about 30 minutes to an hour to solve it)
- It makes playing the game more simple.
- Reduces the grey rules that exist (there is always going to be some)

Doom Guy

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You know this has been something I've always complained/talked about quite a bit and thats why I always kinda went up to SA+'s about shit like this because most Mods and admins have no clue about clasification and it ends up causing people to be punished for stupid shit like how you did. I've always seen it as staff members trying to not have to punish people but i also see it in a "oh i dont want my friend warned lets make this a rule" but idrk i dont play the server as i did and usually i was the guy getting out of warnings so.

toohightogame

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I've always said there needs to be a map that shows where it is okay and where it isn't. Leaving it up to discretion has always caused issues.

Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I've always said there needs to be a map that shows where it is okay and where it isn't. Leaving it up to discretion has always caused issues.
I've told my argument about that to @Brad . Making a map is complicated and unnecessary. Majority of players know where not to mug. Which is popular buildings,any crowded area, or npcs. If a victim starts fleeing and muggers crash them lets say that "marked area" where you CAN'T mug if that MAP was made but no one is around. The business is going to happen then and there because they were on a long chase. Got to understand that when RP happens its just going by the flow of things around them. Like majority of players know they AREN'T going to hop out and mug someone in front of townhall, hospital, a crowd of police or people, or npcs. Because it clearly states that on the rules about it. But the mugging on public road bullshit is literally made up. And I already told @Brad an idea of what type of wording he should add to the rules. So Staff don't come up with that imaginary rule of public road.

Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

but i also see it in a "oh i dont want my friend warned lets make this a rule"
You know this just reminded me when I was on civ raiding a player and a staff told me that home owner is ALLOWED to put his LSD by door and that I needed to get a gas mask if I want to go raid him in my report. Because I was taking damage trying to pick his door open and I thought that was exploiting because no one has ever done that over the time I played. Like till this day is that still allowed? Again, why is some yes and some no's from staff members. How about y'all made some changes to the rules because that shit is an IMAGINARY RULE too.

Reactions: Jet

Jordan Vercetti

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

shouldn't even need a suggestion on staff not being able to punish over imaginary rules. bubba rice is 100% right. If its not a rule then its not the players fault either make the rule clear or dont punish for it AT ALL

Micheal Lowe

Monolith Rookie
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

staff like their power and want to abuse as much as possible

Brad

Monolith Expert
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Ill start off with when I got warned back in Monoford for mugging someone on a "public road". That was my punishment. "I was mugging on a public road" NOT "Public mugging (where people are around or any traffic)"
This will no longer be enforced due to it not being against the rules. Staff will be made aware that they should not punish for this and should only punish for mugging in public. There will most likely not be a rule change.

Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

This will no longer be enforced due to it not being against the rules. Staff will be made aware that they should not punish for this and should only punish for mugging in public. There will most likely not be a rule change.
Thanks good to know they won't do that to me again. But honestly this won't stop me from disliking certain staff members, 'cause once again I reached out to staff to find out in the end I am still right. I'll just ask for different staff members to take my sit to solve that issue. Because to me, all that really happen was there was a verbal warning to the staff team. But this happen awhile back now its solved. Time to move on to the next imaginary rules.

Briceps

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Thanks good to know they won't do that to me again. But honestly this won't stop me from disliking certain staff members, 'cause once again I reached out to staff to find out in the end I am still right. I'll just ask for different staff members to take my sit to solve that issue. Because to me, all that really happen was there was a verbal warning to the staff team. But this happen awhile back now its solved. Time to move on to the next imaginary rules.

If necessary, you can always PM a Senior Admin+ on the spot if you feel a rule is being expressed incorrectly.

I will say, most Staff do watch each others sits and we help comment on things that others may not know about.

Most of the moderators are in Staff voice channel while administrating, and I can say with the current staff team, they do ask for help before giving out any punishments. It actually happened multiple times last night, where 2 mods asked me before issuing punishment. 1 mod is tenured too. Those are good signs IMHO.

However, I do see where you're coming from, so just make sure to chime us in and we can help correct on the spots. No Staff is perfect, and people do make mistakes, so we can help course correct and fix the issues at hand 1 step at a time. We'll likely never have a perfect Staff team, because human error is way too common. We can only hope to help build the best person that we can.

Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

If necessary, you can always PM a Senior Admin+ on the spot if you feel a rule is being expressed incorrectly.

It actually happened multiple times last night, where 2 mods asked me before issuing punishment. 1 mod is tenured too. Those are good signs IMHO.

However, I do see where you're coming from, so just make sure to chime us in and we can help correct on the spots.
Good to know you know where I'm coming from, but I'll give more details so you can spread this knowledge to the Staff Team. Because back then not only was I punished by the mod. But that mod brought in Admins and other higher ranks into the sit to prove his point when I said I was going to do a staff report (And I remember half of them who were there). And that's when I quit Mono because the amount bullshittery I heard from Staff. Staff back then were the reasons why some people quit. Something to remember to understand why we don't see many players make STAFF REPORTS.<---@shain @something @Brad But maybe this time around it will be better with this new knowledge and new Staff team.

Last edited:

Bubba Dice

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

@Brad

The next imaginary/grey rules that need to be solved.

- Placing LSD by the Door. (Do I really need gas mask? Is it allowed? If its a no please do another awareness to the staff team. ) (Obviously I know if they are in the middle of making it and I have to watch out. But you would have to turn on the flames to hurt people and I've seen people smart enough do that and leave it on by the doors)

- Police executing Hostage Takers during negotiations because they have clean shots.
(Through a criminal's perspective where does it say that in the rules Police are allowed to take available shots to end a hostage situation during negotiations)

[5.2] Law Enforcement
9. In a hostage situation, you are obligated to value the life of the hostage and begin negotiations. A superior Law Enforcement Officer/Lead Negotiator may, however, call off negotiations at any time if they are not being successful. This includes, but it is not limited to, the hostage takers not complying with negotiation terms, constantly threatening law enforcement or refusing to negotiate.

Maybe add clarification to the rules that they could? If players are going to go off by the rules it doesn't say that? Or will the Police supervisor whitelists be the thing that solves this? But then again it's whitelisted not every player will have it or have a supervisor on at that time during a hostage situation.

Last edited: