MRP Grenades

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

misterjokeman

Jul 21, 2017
Description of suggestion: Add grenades but only 2-3 can be held at one time, also make em expensive so they don't see much use
Reason why it should be added
: Too many times often I would be in a raid or see people in raids push into a room haphazardly and just get gunned down from a person sitting in a corner. The possibility of throwing a grenade in the room before you enter in an attempt to clear it out would provide for a more convenient experience. Its use is not only limited to clearing rooms however, a person could be sitting behind a car in the middle of the street and you could just lob a grenade over or under it in order to neutralize the threat. I think that this could be given to specifically Swat and Civilians as you don't see police lobbing grenades at criminals in real life. If the aspect of "How does a civillian get their hands on grenades," comes into question you can make it as to they get it either from the black market or they hand crafted it themselves as there have been many that have done such things in the past. Swat being the only class that is allowed to use utility grenades seems a bit overkill as I'd like to see the aspect of grenades used more on the server. Now keep in mind, This is not a "Frag RP Mindset" suggestion, but rather a constructive one. If you can think of any arguments as to why this should not be a thing please comment below and I will try to relay my point across.
Related content: CW 2.0 has grenades built in already

Nitr0us

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Jul 11, 2017
Description of suggestion: Add grenades but only 2-3 can be held at one time, also make em expensive so they don't see much use
Reason why it should be added
: Too many times often I would be in a raid or see people in raids push into a room haphazardly and just get gunned down from a person sitting in a corner. The possibility of throwing a grenade in the room before you enter in an attempt to clear it out would provide for a more convenient experience. Its use is not only limited to clearing rooms however, a person could be sitting behind a car in the middle of the street and you could just lob a grenade over or under it in order to neutralize the threat. I think that this could be given to specifically Swat and Civilians as you don't see police lobbing grenades at criminals in real life. If the aspect of "How does a civillian get their hands on grenades," comes into question you can make it as to they get it either from the black market or they hand crafted it themselves as there have been many that have done such things in the past. Swat being the only class that is allowed to use utility grenades seems a bit overkill as I'd like to see the aspect of grenades used more on the server. Now keep in mind, This is not a "Frag RP Mindset" suggestion, but rather a constructive one. If you can think of any arguments as to why this should not be a thing please comment below and I will try to relay my point across.
Related content: CW 2.0 has grenades built in already
I don't really think this is a good idea, giving civilians grenades probably won't end up well. For starters, it will consistently be used by people wishing to commit mass rdm, but that's inevitable with any weapon really, but I can see this being really overpowered, for example, in the railway apartments if you were to toss a grenade in there it would most probably kill if not damage everyone super heavily and would result in the defending party dying within seconds, would work the same way around if you were to toss a grenade out the door into the stairwell,

Reactions: ammeo

misterjokeman

Jul 21, 2017
I don't really think this is a good idea, giving civilians grenades probably won't end up well. For starters, it will consistently be used by people wishing to commit mass rdm, but that's inevitable with any weapon really, but I can see this being really overpowered, for example, in the railway apartments if you were to toss a grenade in there it would most probably kill if not damage everyone super heavily and would result in the defending party dying within seconds, would work the same way around if you were to toss a grenade out the door into the stairwell,
I agree with this in a way, Perhaps delay the addition of grenades until we switch to a more open map such as Monoford. Then again you cited the exact purpose that grenades were to have if they were to be added. If people sit in railway apartments constantly adding door alarms and shooting at the wall whenever it goes off, It puts the raiders at a standoff where they sit out there waiting for a good time to lockpick and they are stuck in that small confined space. If they were to get the door open it'd be a death wish to just charge in there, however, toss a grenade in there and they are disoriented enough to dispatch easily. Same with the defending party, you know nothing of what the people on the stairwell are planning or doing, open the door and toss a grenade down. The purpose of grenades is solely to clear an area out without exposing yourself to the risk of having to meet them head on.

Also regarding ammeo's reply, I very much agree that many properties are small, however, this will give just as much an advantage to the defenders as it does the raiders. If they were to lob grenades at the raiders who are most likely outside trying to figure out a way in order to breach, that will cause them a panick. ALSO KEEP IN MIND, I stated to make the grenades relatively expensive so that every single civillian does not have grenades, so there still is a possibility of grenades not being present at EVERY situation

Lastly, Regarding your mass rdm concern, Any gun on this server can be used to mass rdm, to hold off on the addition of a utility tool with fear that it will be used to mass rdm is to inhibit the growth of the server.

Nitr0us

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Media Creator
Jul 11, 2017
I agree with this in a way, Perhaps delay the addition of grenades until we switch to a more open map such as Monoford. Then again you cited the exact purpose that grenades were to have if they were to be added. If people sit in railway apartments constantly adding door alarms and shooting at the wall whenever it goes off, It puts the raiders at a standoff where they sit out there waiting for a good time to lockpick and they are stuck in that small confined space. If they were to get the door open it'd be a death wish to just charge in there, however, toss a grenade in there and they are disoriented enough to dispatch easily. Same with the defending party, you know nothing of what the people on the stairwell are planning or doing, open the door and toss a grenade down. The purpose of grenades is solely to clear an area out without exposing yourself to the risk of having to meet them head on.

Also regarding ammeo's reply, I very much agree that many properties are small, however, this will give just as much an advantage to the defenders as it does the raiders. If they were to lob grenades at the raiders who are most likely outside trying to figure out a way in order to breach, that will cause them a panick. ALSO KEEP IN MIND, I stated to make the grenades relatively expensive so that every single civillian does not have grenades, so there still is a possibility of grenades not being present at EVERY situation

Lastly, Regarding your mass rdm concern, Any gun on this server can be used to mass rdm, to hold off on the addition of a utility tool with fear that it will be used to mass rdm is to inhibit the growth of the server.
I agree with the point that small confined spaces like at railway usually result in people just spraying through the walls and a back and forth of trying to pick lock, the exact same thing happened to me as well a day or so ago. With that point of view I know think this could work but it would need some balancing and like you said a more open map.

Wolv

May 24, 2019
I will be giving it a -support cause it will give huge advantage to the raiders. Many properties on the map are small and raiding them with grenades will make it so much easier.
-support however: maybe give civilians smoke grenades. This would add more ways to actually be strategic in raiding someone. For example: smoke a room, let the enemies shoot, then run and gun. Sorry ammeo I meant -support on the thread itself not your opinion. I completely agree with you lol

klas

Mar 5, 2019
+support but not for explosive grenades, give civs the ability to craft smoke grenades or flash bangs which are already in the game anyways.

gm1003

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Event Team
MRP Recruitment Team
Jul 7, 2018
Houston, TX
You guys cannot be trusted with explosives

klas

Mar 5, 2019
You guys cannot be trusted with explosives
we already have grenade launchers that aren’t abused, so I don’t see the issue, make them as hard to make as grenade launchers are and you won’t have an issue.

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
This is CityRP, not WarRP. Handing you any kind of explosives is the worst possible idea ever.

Denied.

• Haha
Reactions: misterjokeman
Status
Not open for further replies.