• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

[GUIDE] Discord Settings / Tricks

sp00fy

Sep 28, 2017
Hello and hi
After the addition of this new rule...

3.5 Metagaming: When playing on the server, our Discord is the only allowed third-party program for communcation - noteworthy organisations get their own channel only accessible to their members. It is prohibited to use the discord for IC communication, eg: sharing locations, agreeing on meetings, trades etc.

...a lot more people are probably going to be hanging out on the Discord, so I thought I'd give you all a super duper tip which will make your friends hate you less. Here it is:
Set up a hotkey for Discord that mutes your microphone when held - Wow!
This way, when you talk to people in-game, your pals on Discord won't get earraped with useless information! It's easy as fuck to set up, so let's get into it:

Make your way to the 'Keybinds' menu.

upload_2017-11-12_1-12-25.png

upload_2017-11-12_1-15-15.png

Add a new spankin' keybind.

upload_2017-11-12_1-15-56.png

upload_2017-11-12_1-16-35.png

Under 'ACTION', select 'Push to Mute'. Then set the 'KEYBIND' so it matches your in-game push-to-talk hotkey. In my case, it is 'X'.

upload_2017-11-12_1-18-44.png

Voi-fucking-là.
One more thing, though. From this point you will hear an annoying Discord-sound whenever you use your new keybind. To turn this annoying shit off, navigate to 'Notifications' and turn off 'PTT Activate' and 'PTT Deactivate'.

upload_2017-11-12_3-0-1.png

Additionally, you could add another keybind to match your in-game radio hotkey. Could look something like this:

upload_2017-11-12_1-23-26.png

Attachments

Last edited:

GreggsPasty

Banned
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
England
yeah i use voice activation

Jul 24, 2017
masvingo zimbabwae
Yeah, this is a good idea. Pretty much everyone I know uses it so we don't hear each other through discord and game. This also helps so admins don't think your metagaming while saying "I nedd help at rta" through radio but also in discord.

Top Bottom