• Priority Script
  • Task Manager Priority
  • Workshop Analysis
  • FPS Config
  • Steam Launch Options
  • Game Configuration
Step 1:
Evaluating your software!
The whole purpose is just finding applications you don'y use often, or at all, and just deleting them! A good way to find them is to go to the C:/ folder and finding the /temp folder. Delete anything you won't use in the near future.
Directory: This PC
> C:/
> /temp
NOTE: Use with caution anything you might actually use and delete will be a pain to reinstall.

Step 2:
Priority Script!
Open up your notepad and copy and paste this into it:
@echo off
Cd /d “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod”
Start /high hl2.exe
Make sure to make it a .bat file.
Put it on your desktop and open. And enjoy!

Step 3:
Task Manager Priority!
Do Ctrl + Alt + Delete and go to task manager.
From there go to details.
Right click hl2.exe, and click priority. Set priority to high and you are golden!

Step 4:
Workshop Analysis!
Go to your subscribed files in workshop and unsubscribe from everything you don't use, then go to your addons folder in garrysmod and delete everything. The things you still have subscribed will reinstall and your Garry's Mod will load much faster, and run better.

Step 5:
FPS Config!
NOTE: I recommend downloading Notepad++ for this.
Go to the cfg folder in garrysmod.
Edit autoexec.cfg and copy and paste this:
// Multicore Rendering
cl_threaded_bone_setup "1"
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system "1"

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager "1"
r_threaded_particles "1"
r_threaded_renderables "1"
r_queued_ropes "1"

mat_specular "0"

r_drawmodeldecals "0"

mat_queue_mode "1"

studio_queue_mode "1"

gmod_mcore_test "1"

net_graph "1"

clear
echo "Autoexec loaded."

Step 6:
Steam Launch Options!
First thing, right click GMod, go to properties, local, and verify your game files. Very very important.
Then go to your launch options and copy and paste this. Make sure you have a space before any characters.
-windowed -fullscreen -noborder

Step 7:
Game configuration!
Simply go to options from the Garry's Mod home screen.
Go to video, then to advanced, feel free to lower anything except model detail and multicore rendering. Model detail is required to be on high for some cars to load properly, and multicore rendering only helps your FPS.

Hopefully you benefited and enjoyed my guide! All credit goes to the people who found these kind of things!

Last edited:

Razile

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

10/10

Lambsauce

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

10/10 masta peice

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Table of Contents:

Hardware/Software Evaluation

Priority Script

Task Manager Priority

Workshop Analysis

FPS Config

Steam Launch Options

Game Configuration

Step 1:

The whole purpose is just finding applications you don'y use often, or at all, and just deleting them! A good way to find them is to go to the C:/ folder and finding the /temp folder. Delete anything you won't use in the near future.

NOTE: Use with caution anything you might actually use and delete will be a pain to reinstall.

Step 2:

Priority Script!

@echo off

Start /high hl2.exe

Make sure to make it a .bat file. And enjoy!

Step 3:

Task Manager Priority!

Do Ctrl + Alt + Delete and go to task manager.

From there go to details.

Right click hl2.exe, and click priority. Set priority to high and you are golden!

Step 4:

Workshop Analysis!

Go to your subscribed files in workshop and unsubscribe from everything you don't use, then go to your addons folder in garrysmod and delete everything. The things you still have subscribed will reinstall and your Garry's Mod will load much faster, and run better.

Step 5:

FPS Config!

NOTE: I recommend downloading Notepad++ for this.

Go to the cfg folder in garrysmod.

Edit autoexec.cfg and copy and paste this:

// Multicore Rendering

cl_threaded_bone_setup "1"

cl_threaded_client_leaf_system "1"

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager "1"

r_threaded_particles "1"

r_threaded_renderables "1"

r_queued_ropes "1"

mat_specular "0"

r_drawmodeldecals "0"

mat_queue_mode "1"

studio_queue_mode "1"

gmod_mcore_test "1"

net_graph "1"

clear

echo "Autoexec loaded."

Step 6:

Steam Launch Options!

First thing, right click GMod, go to properties, local, and verify your game files. Very very important.

Then go to your launch options and copy and paste this. Make sure you have a space before any characters.

-windowed -fullscreen -noborder

Step 7:

Game configuration!

Simply go to options from the Garry's Mod home screen.

Go to video, then to advanced, feel free to lower anything except model detail and multicore rendering. Model detail is required to be on high for some cars to load properly, and multicore rendering only helps your FPS.

Hopefully you benefited and enjoyed my guide! All credit goes to the people who found these kind of things!

I do think this is a well put together guide. For the most part. But reading through it, I see some issues that can confuse others, as well as parts that can be expanded with more detail added. My suggestions are to be added down below.

Issue 01

Step 1:

From what I read here, you’re aiming to access the temp file directory, which is not stated here of how to do that. Luckily, I have had to do this before. All you need to do is start the “Run” dialogue box, which can be accessed through the search menu on Windows 7. Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Once you have opened that window, you want to type in “%temp%” (without the quotes, of course). Then delete all of the files you can within that directory.

This is my source for that in the case one needs more detailed information:

http://medicine.arizona.edu/helpdesk-article/clear-temporary-files-windows-7

Step 2:

Priority Script!

@echo off

Start /high hl2.exe

Make sure to make it a .bat file. And enjoy!

It is not exactly clear what directory or in some cases, what to do here. Maybe it might be best to edit this part and put more steps within Step 2. My guess is that is the directory, but some may be confused since it is mixed with other information.

I read through everything else, and everything else seems clear. Props on the guide, my dude. My criticisms were not meant to be mean or offend, just that I wanted to help you out of my own confusion and the possible confusion of others. Keep up the good work!

- Michael

Scott Wong

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I do think this is a well put together guide. For the most part. But reading through it, I see some issues that can confuse others, as well as parts that can be expanded with more detail added. My suggestions are to be added down below.

Issue 01

From what I read here, you’re aiming to access the temp file directory, which is not stated here of how to do that. Luckily, I have had to do this before. All you need to do is start the “Run” dialogue box, which can be accessed through the search menu on Windows 7. Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Once you have opened that window, you want to type in “%temp%” (without the quotes, of course). Then delete all of the files you can within that directory.

This is my source for that in the case one needs more detailed information:

http://medicine.arizona.edu/helpdesk-article/clear-temporary-files-windows-7

It is not exactly clear what directory or in some cases, what to do here. Maybe it might be best to edit this part and put more steps within Step 2. My guess is that is the directory, but some may be confused since it is mixed with other information.

I read through everything else, and everything else seems clear. Props on the guide, my dude. My criticisms were not meant to be mean or offend, just that I wanted to help you out of my own confusion and the possible confusion of others. Keep up the good work!

- Michael
Thanks for the criticism! All of the issues you pointed out have been regarded edited, to an extent!

The Mr Zaner

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Much good, much help! 10/10
giphy.gif

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I tried Step 2, it didn't work.

Last edited:

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

T6pwdoq.png

0tySr9e.png

Scott Wong

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

I don't know what to say honestly, I was told about this about a year ago, and it just worked, if I get any more reports of it not working, I will remove it.

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I don't know what to say honestly, I was told about this about a year ago, and it just worked, if I get any more reports of it not working, I will remove it.

Was everything copypasta'd correctly placed?

Scott Wong

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Huh... well then. I can at least confirm it doesn't work for me.

uEHMfPs.png

EvWKtCD.png

Scott Wong

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

Huh... well then. I can at least confirm it doesn't work for me.

uEHMfPs.png

EvWKtCD.png
Wait, wake sure you have you game files verified and that you have high priority in your task manager, as that was what I was told to do.

Joe Harvest

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Low

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

10/10 would use again

DevulTj

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

In terms of Step 4, it will only make your game initially load slower and load servers slower - the FPS won't change.

Also, running in a borderless window will actually decrease FPS.

CheeseBalls

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV