Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

dcZ9dVv.jpg
How to become a Medic Intern
B5k828A.png

1. Go to the hospital and press [E] on the EMS Recruiter NPC and sign up to be a intern
    • There are no requirements
  2. Hold B and call for a paramedic to pick you up in their ambulance and inform the Director who you’re tagging along with
    • The paramedic will mentor you with treating patients and help you level up and getting XP by driving you to both NPC missions and real victims
    • You will earn $165 every 15 minutes on duty, $248 if premium (minus current tax rate)
    • You have all the tools paramedics have (First Aid, Defibrillator, Surgeon NPC)
  3. If someone asks for help, a notification will appear in the chat
    • type /911 and click the callout to claim it
How to become a Paramedic
hBu8nsH.png

1. After doing plenty of NPC missions, helping victims alongside your paramedic mentor, and doing some time at the mines, you’ll finally reach the requirements to become a Paramedic
    • You need to be Player level 5 and Job level 10
  2. Take a career driving license test at the Town Hall front desk (about $1,500)
  3. Go to the Hospital Valet NPC and press [E] to spawn your ambulance
    • You will earn $365 every 15 minutes on duty, $548 if premium (minus the current tax rate)
  4. Hold B to announce to the EMS Director if you are responding to a 911 call or you are ready to respond
  5. If someone asks for help, a notification will appear at the bottom right of your screen
    • type /911 and click the callout to claim it
How to become the EMS Director
hlO28S0.png

• After spending time at the mines and reviving plenty of real victims and NPC’s, you’ll be able to unlock the “Director”
    • You need to be Player level 25 and Job level 50
    • You will earn $525 every 15 minutes on duty, $788 if premium (minus the current tax rate)
    • Only one player can be the Director at a time
  • The Director’s responsibilities are to oversee the medical department and hold everyone of his workers accountable and organized
  • As well as the standard medical tools (Defibrillator, First Aid Kit), you also get the “Department Tablet”
  • Unlike the Mono-Tablet, the Department Tablet gives you the ability to view all your employees and their rank in the “Management” app
  • If any employee fails to meet expectations like acting unprofessionally repeatedly (spamming the radio, etc.) or commits a felony, you can demote that player from the Management app in your Department Tablet as you see fit for any legitimate reason whatsoever
    • That player is immediately removed and temporarily banned from EMS for 30 minutes
Ambulance Controls
  • Use your keys to unlock/lock from outside your ambulance
    • [LMB] to lock, [RMB] to unlock
  • Hold [E] and click "Toggle Locks" to lock/unlock your ambulance from the inside
  • [LMB] to change your lightbar
    • Hold to toggle on/off
  • [RMB] to change your siren
    • Hold to toggle on/off
  • [ALT] + [SEAT NUMBER] to kick out a passenger as the driver
  • [ALT] + [0] (zero) to kick out all passengers as the driver
  • [SEAT NUMBER] to change seat
  • [ALT] + [LMB or RMB] to use your blinkers
  • [R] for horn, [R] for warning horn if the siren is on
  • [H] is for engine
  • [J] is for seatbelt
First Aid and Emergency Medical Procedures
Serious RP
Treat all injuries you can. If it needs stitching or surgery, you'll need to transport to the hospital
  1. Put on your PPE (gloves).
  2. Assess the situation and locate the injured person.
  3. If someone is dying and needs defibbed, treat them first
  4. Upon arrival, tell them your first name and that you're there to help. Ask them their name and what's happened to them.
  5. While they answer, examine their body for any signs of injury or illness.
  6. If there is more then one patient, get your partner to examine them or tell the current patient you'll be right back. Get a bystander or other emergency personnel to watch them if available and necessary. If there are two patients, figure out who needs help first based on their injuries and condition.
Place saline soaked bandage over any severe burns for protection and to keep the. Moist. Minor burns can be protected by loosely securing a gauze pressure pad over top.
Control bleeding with sterile gauze pressure pads. Sanitize the wound with a sanitizing agent. Protect the wound with a tightly wrapped bandage. Place a gauze pad under the bandage if bleeding still continues.
Hypothermia is what happens when your body temperature gets very low. For an older person, a body temperature of 95°F or lower can cause many health problems, such as a heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, or worse.

Keep the patient warm with a thermal blanket and monitor vitals constantly.
This will probably be the most common, basically the same as severe skin breaks. Control breathing. If the wound is to the chest, seal it with a plastic sheet, leaving one side unsealed so blood can drain.
Sometimes the patient may be bleeding into their airway or are unable to breathe through their mouth. A tachometry may be needed. This is when an emergent incision is cut in the trachea and a trach tube is inserted down toward the lungs. A BVM is then attached to manually force the patient to breathe.
Begin CPR immediately. One person work compressions, the other work the BVM and Crash Unit. Do not stop compressions without a doctors order (in this case, offload them at the hospital and let them decide their fate)
Shock is a life-threatening condition that occurs when the body is not getting enough blood flow. Lack of blood flow means the cells and organs do not get enough oxygen and nutrients to function properly. Many organs can be damaged as a result.

Keep the pt warm and calm. Stop anything that may be causing shock such as bleeding. Administer saline packs to alleviate blood pressure via IV if absolutely needed.
You need to place the injured person on a backboard carefully with the assistance of a firefighter or another EMT. One person must stabilize the c-spine (the neck and head) with their hands until a c-spine collar has been put on. Do not let them turn their head.
Gamemode
  1. Switch to your first aid kit and press [RMB]
  1. Use your first aid kit and press [LMB] on the injured (call for backup if there’s a lot of injured)
r2myfyu.png

1. If there is more than one victim, call for backup using /gov chat or the radio
  2. Bring out the victim menu by holding [E] on the victim
  3. While still holding [E], move your mouse to the “Check for pulse” option
    podwfXm.png
  4. If someone has already stabilized the victim, skip to the “If the victim is stabilized” section of the guide
  5. If someone has not stabilized the victim, a notification will read “low pulse”, “strong pulse”, or “no pulse”
  1. Transport the victim to the hospital without lights or sirens (most likely the body will disappear before you even get there)
CPR Kit: Anybody with that kit can attempt to stabilize their fallen buddies/strangers for up to 50% chance of stabilizing them. EMS isn't required to have that item, your character is already trained in CPR. This is intended for people outside of EMS like civilians and police.
  1. Select your defibrillator and use it with [LMB] to revive the victim
If you arrive fast enough to the scene, the player will recover immediately

If not, you have 7 minutes to put them on a stretcher from the time they were stabilized or they will die
Adrenaline Auto-Injector: Everybody who has that item is able to instantly pop it into their downed (but stabilized) buddy for 100% chance recovering immediately - Remember to use it not too often, or you will cause a heart attack of the target. EMS does not get that by default, it's a high level item (player level 85) and it's very useful in shoot-outs that costs 2.5K. EMS can optionally buy this if they have the player level; if not, proceed with the steps below...
  1. Hold [E] near the back of the ambulance and select "Open back doors"
    z1gGQqR.png

4GoNsdT.png
  2. Hold [E] again and select “Pull out a stretcher”
    JuU5CwJ.png
    • you can also carry out a 2nd stretcher from the back of your ambulance
  3. Click [RMB] on the stretcher to grab it
  4. Drag it to the victim, stop grabbing the stretcher, and select “Put patient on stretcher” from the stretcher menu
    NFnlQZs.png
  5. Grab the stretcher and drag it to the back of the ambulance ("Lead the stretcher" does not work in 1.4.3)
  6. Select “Put stretcher in ambulance” from the stretcher menu
    xpECyJf.png
  7. Inform EMS you are transporting a victim and drive to the emergency room drop off (near the valet)
  8. Open the back doors and bring out the stretcher and drag it next to the surgeon NPC
  9. Press [E] on the surgeon and let him do his magic
    ji9PHFH.png
Tips and Reminders:
  • Combat healing (healing others during a raid) is against the rules
  • You are allowed to run red lights when responding to an emergency, just make sure to use your warning horn to alert others when you are crossing the intersection
  • When not responding to an emergency, you must abide by all traffic laws
  • Always listen and do not argue with the EMS Director, after all he can demote or fire you
  • You cannot carry a firearm
  • You can still be arrested or fined by the police
  • You cannot be hired by a 3rd party to be their “healer” unless you have permission to be corrupt
  • Keep in mind that only EMS can use the surgeon NPC, if people come to the emergency room with an unconscious person and no medic is there the victim will die
  • Hold [C] and click the radio icon at the bottom right corner to turn it off or on
  • Hold [C] and click the frequency next to the radio icon (ex. 114.2) to switch channels
    • Emergency Services is for medical workers and the fire department
    • Law Enforcement is for police
    • Public Services is for tow trucks, mechanics, and the impound lot
  • Mining is a great way to increase your player level so you can become a paramedic or even the Director
    • type +attack or -attack in the console to auto-mine, use this responsibly, you can’t just go AFK and watch some Netflix
  • Don’t move while doing defibrillation, CPR, surgery, or a pulse check, it will cancel the action and you’ll have to start over

Last edited:

rako

Developer
Developer

Years of Mono

LV

I love it, good job.
Just a reminder:
For normal people, CPR just raises the timer by 4 seconds. Only medics can stabilize people after 3 CPR's.

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I love it, good job.
Just a reminder:
For normal people, CPR just raises the timer by 4 seconds. Only medics can stabilize people after 3 CPR's.
I should probably add that lol

Matthias Gomulee

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Addition:
When at the scene of an incident on the highway, park your Ambulance to the side of the road where it will not obstruct traffic flow, go to the casualty and bring them back to the side of the road to your ambulance so that you are at much less risk of being run over and commence CPR;
Doing this will prevent other drivers from hitting you at 80Mph and flattening you, this will in-turn stop the highway from becoming clogged up with debris (bodies and vehicles) which will cause further pileups

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Addition:
When at the scene of an incident on the highway, park your Ambulance to the side of the road where it will not obstruct traffic flow, go to the casualty and bring them back to the side of the road to your ambulance so that you are at much less risk of being run over and commence CPR;
Doing this will prevent other drivers from hitting you at 80Mph and flattening you, this will in-turn stop the highway from becoming clogged up with debris (bodies and vehicles) which will cause further pileups
ohhh yeah, been there done that lmao

I’ll add it

Matthias Gomulee

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

ohhh yeah, been there done that lmao

I’ll add it
HAHA! yeah I know, I've been in high speed pursuits quite a bit and hitting an ambulance driving full speed the wrong way along the highway at full speed has... consequences... very painful consequences.

I've come flying around a corner to two parked ambulances and hit them both, killing the medic who was trying to revive the medic which had been hit whilst trying to revive a fire fighter who was attempting to put out a car fire because the car swerved to avoid a random police cadet on the highway, hit the wall and blew up. o_O

deleted_user_574

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I love it, good job.
Just a reminder:
This makes sense! Thank you

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

it is still important that bystanders constantly perform CPR back-to-back until paramedics or interns arrive as they can buy the victim 4 more seconds of life everytime they do it, increasing the victim’s chance of survival
After the scene is deemed safe, park your ambulance close to the victim but not obstructing traffic or first responders
  • if the victim is on the road, drag him to the side for the safety of both of you
new additions to the guide as suggested by @rako and @Matthias Gomulee

Shiba

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Awesome!

Just a quick question, you’ve mentioned that you are able to switch radio frequencies in order to contact the proper authorities. Could you perhaps label which frequency contacts which department? (# for EMS, # for Police, etc.)

Also, I don’t know if this was a temporary client side bug, but when checking my player level, the percentage until advancement is in the negatives. I’ll see if I can get a screenshot today, since it seems I can’t advance in player level.

All and all, a very imformative guide.

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Awesome!

Just a quick question, you’ve mentioned that you are able to switch radio frequencies in order to contact the proper authorities. Could you perhaps label which frequency contacts which department? (# for EMS, # for Police, etc.)

Also, I don’t know if this was a temporary client side bug, but when checking my player level, the percentage until advancement is in the negatives. I’ll see if I can get a screenshot today, since it seems I can’t advance in player level.

All and all, a very imformative guide.
well clicking the radio frequency well pop up a dialog menu that has the frequencies with them labeled, but I can still add them to the guide

yeah that bug has happened to me, try rejoining

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Edit: added a video guide
  • If someone else is hurt and unconscious
    1. The developer of the EMS systen @rako made a video guide on YouTube for treating an unconscious victim:

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Edit: new section “How to be the EMS Director

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Edits for Update 4.2:
  • added spoilers like the cool kids use
  • deprecation of the /911 command from the guide
  • new 911 Mono-Tablet app mentioned in both the "Paramedic" and "Medic Intern" sections

Last edited:

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Edits for Update 4.3:
  • added /911 again as it now opens the 911 app on your MonoTablet
  • removed [ALT] + [N] from Ambulance Controls and added "Toggle Locks"
  • added where to carry out a stretcher and how you can carry out a 2nd stretcher for First Aid and Emergency Medical Procedures subsection "If someone else is hurt and stabilized"
  • removed subsection "if the victim was shot by the police" as unconscious people can now be handcuffed

Last edited:

Leon

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

This is an incredibly useful guide, thanks for taking the time to make it as I will be using this for when new players create a report when they need help starting out.

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

@Leon I'm glad you like it! The devs are constantly adding new things to EMS and I'll update this guide whenever they do

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Edit:
  • Added job level requirements and paycheck amounts from @DangerZone640’s guide, his guide has the levels for every job and some suggested jobs for beginners

Last edited:

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Finally updated the guide lol

Edits for Update 4.4:
  • Added descriptions for CPR kits and adrenaline auto injectors and their uses
  • Removed 4 second critical state timer increase with CPR as this is no longer in the game

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Edits for Update 5.0 (Truenorth):
  • Changed all mentions of Paralake to Truenorth
  • Fixed some typos and changed some information (like disorentation lasting 30 seconds instead of 10)
As always, comment with what I should add to the guide as I probably missed some new gameplay mechanic from the update that affects EMS

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Make sure to make yourself known in /gov chat cause you can’t switch to PD radio. Most cops don’t care enough to ROLEPLAY and just call EMS, instead they’d rather go back to another shootouut