Hector Cooper III

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

Hi everyone, this has probably already been made but I wanted to make my own version, this post is mainly for players who are new to semi-serious role play.

First of all, you are going to want to understand one thing: role playing is putting yourself in the shoes of a character in a virtual world. In this case, we are in the city of Rockford, which this virtual world is meant to mimic features of real life. Although many things are accelerated and per say different compared to real life, in a majority of situations you should be acting like you would in real life.

Staying in character
At all times, you should be acting like your virtual character. This means that you should avoid talking about real life matters while in character, and also avoid talking about generally anything out of character, for example you shouldn't start telling someone they are breaking rules in an RP (roleplay) situation because you would be breaking character. As soon as you see any breach in roleplay, the rules state that you are obligated to inform the staff team by typing !report in the chat. It is a against the rules to take the situation into your own hands by doing anything in character to stop the rule breach.

Valuing your life
Lets say there is a situation where someone is pointing a gun at you telling you to give him your illegal items, you have a lot of illegal items that you do not wan't to lose, but you are practically defenseless. What would you do in real life? It would be very unrealistic to start running away or trying to pull out a gun and shoot them. This is breaching roleplay. Unfortunately, regardless of how important those items are to you, you have to listen to the robber and give him the illegal items. However, your legal items get to stay (unless it is money, they are allowed to rob up to $10,000 from you if you are carrying that amount).

Occupation
Criminal
If you are a criminal, there are many standards you should follow to enact proper roleplay. You are not allowed to act like a terrorist that goes around killing mass amounts of people for no reason. Linked with staying in character, a realistic criminals doesn't commit crime against other people every second of their life, there are also cooldowns set by the rules. The rules state that you need to wait an hour before every raid, 45 minutes before every kidnap, and 30 minutes between every mugging.
Police
Police are citizens too, they reserve the right to penalize people for breaking laws. This does not mean that you can put someone in jail for max time just because they were J-Walking. You are not an abusive power that shoots someone down for minor crimes. Usage of force is very important, you wouldn't point a gun at someone and tell them to get out of their car for running a stop sign, and you wouldn't taze someone for being disrespectful to you. You can read section [5.2] in the rules to view the correct methods of enforcing laws, and how to role play correctly as a police officer.
Medic
As a medic, you are a neutral emergency service that serves the sole purpose of helping injured people for their medical needs. Just because you are an emergency service, it doesn't mean that you have any higher power over a normal civillian. As said at the beginning of this post, you need to maintain character and act like you would in real life. You are not a combat medic who was deployed to the invasion of normandy in world war 2. This means that you shouldn't heal or revive people who are in the middle of an active gunfight.

For more information about roleplaying, it is necessary that you fully understand the server rules located here:
https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/monolith-rp-server-rules.180/

I know that this post may be considered useless because there are already rules for people to look at, however this post has the intention of going in depth to explain things more clearly for those that want an advanced understanding of the rules.

Hector Cooper III

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

If you have suggestions for me to add to this, just PM me.

IdoX

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I like it but players still need to read all of the rules

Hector Cooper III

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

I like it but players still need to read all of the rules
"For more information about roleplaying, it is necessary that you fully understand the server rules located here:
https://monolithservers.com/forums/threads/monolith-rp-server-rules.180/

I know that this post may be considered useless because there are already rules for people to look at, however this post has the intention of going in depth to explain things more clearly for those that want an advanced understanding of the rules."