Table of Content:

1.0 Terminology​
2.0 Use of Force​
3.0 Traffic Stops​

1.0 Terminology

1.1 Legal Terminology:
Warrant - Issued to allow a peace officer to arrest a person.​

1.2 LEO Terminology:
APB - All Points Bulletin is a term used by LEO's to describe to look out for multiple things about one person. (ex: APB on a red vehicle w/ white male. Male is armed and dangerous).​
BOLO - Be on the lookout is a term used to inform officers to look out for a specific vehicle or person for whatever reason they may need them to be.​
TAGS - TAGS is just another way of saying a license plate.​

2.0 Use of Force

2.1 What is Use of Force
The use of force continuum is what police officers use to determine what level of force they should use.​
O2j.png

The use of force continuum is what police officers use to determine what level of force they should use. The reason it is a continuum is because it is hard to have lines that define what a policer should use in certain situations. There are many things to think about and it would be impossible to have a clean-cut force level system.​
1) The first level of force on the continuum is your officer presence. Being in the area of where people who want to commit crimes are will usually deter them from doing those crimes because you are in the area to stop them.​
2) The second level of force is your voice. Communication is also used throughout the whole continuum as you can see. This is one of the most important uses of force.​
3) The third level of force would be physical control (armbars and various holds) Monolith does not have this functionality so not important​
4) The fourth level of force would be intermediate weapons like the baton or taser.​
5) The fifth level of force is lethal. This would be anything that could kill or cause major bodily harm.​
2.2 What is Reasonable Force
Reasonable use of force is using force reasonable to what is happening.​
2.3 Applied Use of Force
You may shoot someone who is causing major bodily harm to another person (stabbing, shooting, or running over)​
You may shoot someone who may be a threat to the public. (someone who is evading police and running into other cars and or people)​
You may shoot someone who has a gun in their hands who is running away from you if they are in the commission of a felony. (running with a gun in hands after shooting at someone, or running after a mug / raid)​

3.0 Traffic Stops

3.1 How to Conduct a Traffic Stop
1) Call over the radio your callsign, location, description of the vehicle, and occupant number of the vehicle (LDO to remember)​
2) When you find a good place for them to stop turn on your lights and blip your sirens​
3) When the person pulls over you want to position your car like this in relation to their vehicle:​
Traffic-Stop-graphic.png
4) Callout final stopping place​
5) Check traffic before exiting the vehicle to prevent yourself from being ran over​
6) Exit your vehicle and approach the pulled over vehicle on the side away from traffic if possible​
7) Introduce yourself "Hi I'm Officer ___ from the Monolith Police Department" following with the reason for the stop​
8) Gather his license and registration and check it inside of the database. If everything checks out you handle by issuing citation (ticket) or warning them (verbal).​

Will.

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

As someone who plays a lot of the game but never touches playing cop with a 10 ft pole, this was really good info regardless. Thanks for this guide vexum! Maybe I'll use it to issue my first ticket haha

PzEz

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

most of the cops don't even follow these smh

Valentino

Mentor
Mentor
Police Board
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

You may shoot someone who has a gun in their hands who is running away from you if they are in the commission of a felony. (running with a gun in hands after shooting at someone, or running after a mug / raid)
I just wanted to add something here. If a suspect is running away from a police officer and there is a significant threat the suspect could harm the police officer or anyone else the police officer is allowed to use deadly force even if the person hasn't commited a felony yet. A significant threat could be for example if the suspect has a weapon with them.

TheXeno

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

We should really enforce better RP with police, it can be a shit show sometimes.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Im a constant cop and will generally follow British policing guidelines as I'm far more familiar with them- however they are nearly entirely the same as these and all the other guidelines monolith use, bar some more hesitation before using firearms- "shoot to stop" is the policy for us, which at worst leads to me dying a bit more.

One thing which I can't seem to find in US procedures is the "Hard Stop" for traffic enforcement on dangerous or armed vehicles- cars quickly and aggressively surround the vehicle to box it in, and all officers move in with firearms shouting clear instructions. I feel like this paired with the Fearrp rules might help in successfully arresting suspects rather than the happy shitshow of a pit and hoping to get to the drivers window without getting run down or gunned down.

If we could populate the Hard Stop method among officers on Monolith that'd be great, or maybe a place to put a load of keywords and procedures together so cops sound like they know what they're doing over radio.

Edit: Guide made for this below

Last edited:

Bojangles

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

Im a constant cop and will generally follow British policing guidelines as I'm far more familiar with them- however they are nearly entirely the same as these and all the other guidelines monolith use, bar some more hesitation before using firearms- "shoot to stop" is the policy for us, which at worst leads to me dying a bit more.

One thing which I can't seem to find in US procedures is the "Hard Stop" for traffic enforcement on dangerous or armed vehicles- cars quickly and aggressively surround the vehicle to box it in, and all officers move in with firearms shouting clear instructions. I feel like this paired with the Fearrp rules might help in successfully arresting suspects rather than the happy shitshow of a pit and hoping to get to the drivers window without getting run down or gunned down.

If we could populate the Hard Stop method among officers on Monolith that'd be great, or maybe a place to put a load of keywords and procedures together so cops sound like they know what they're doing over radio.

Anyone have any ideas?
Maybe a google docs etc available?

That method would work fine in-game, and I typically see it done. To answer your question as to the struggle of finding this version in the US is that it's not practiced. It's highly dangerous and exposes officer safety if the motorist is armed. There is a reason for the felony stop procedures in the US to line up behind the motorist and angle the cruisers for adequate cover.

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

That method would work fine in-game, and I typically see it done. To answer your question as to the struggle of finding this version in the US is that it's not practiced. It's highly dangerous and exposes officer safety if the motorist is armed. There is a reason for the felony stop procedures in the US to line up behind the motorist and angle the cruisers for adequate cover.

True- in fact the one of the few times it was used with firearms officers it resulted in the Mark Duggan shooting case- I definitely wouldn't recommend it in real life...

I suppose the issue in game is the voice hearing distance if following US felony stop procedures, which is why it hardly happens

Wolv

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Please... just please... for those inexperience cops out there just because someone is running from you DONT SHOOT THEM!!

I witness this happen too much... you have a taser for a reason. If you miss your taser shot you have a baton. If you run out of stamina call the foot pursuit over radio. However if this person has actively loaded and pulled a gun in the pursuit you may open fire as they are considered endangering the cop or civilians.

Zynthax

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

The last time I followed handbook I got banned for 1 day.

Bryce

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I got verbally assaulted by a motorist last night for following this guide, being called an illiterate retard. 10/10, will beat them with this book again.

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Additional tip to this handbook:

Don't freak the frick out and lose your sh*t when someone insults you, to often cops think it OK to arrest someone because they called them "gay"