Bobo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Right now, according to the default, unchangeable laws in the Monotablet, all firearms except for semi automatic handguns are illegal. If you want to be a citizen who follows the law, you are limited to handguns for protection, while criminal have automatic rifles they can use to rob people. Citizens need a way to be able to follow the law while also standing a chance against criminals.

I think that the default laws should allow for citizens with a Firearms License to own pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles. This would allow the Mosin Nagant and M3 Super 90 to be legally owned by citizens. (Maybe even the Serbu Shorty? Not sure if short barreled shotguns can be allowed.) I can understand why the L115 would have to remain illegal since no citizen would be sniping somebody thats invading their home or mugging them. This would help out the everyday man who is just defending himself. It would also allow for actual gun stores instead of people just adverting "selling water airsoft fake prop m249 pm me :)))))". At the moment a legal gun store would just have handguns without much variation.

Maybe handguns could stay legal by default but the mayor can legalize pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles? Not sure how that would go but I would just like to be able to own different weapons legally without being arrested for defending myself.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I believe that the AR-15 is legal to citizens with a firearms license and on their own property. They used to have it so that any semi-automatic firearms are legal with the same restrictions as the AR-15 but I do not know if it still remains.

Bobo

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I believe that the AR-15 is legal to citizens with a firearms license and on their own property. They used to have it so that any semi-automatic firearms are legal with the same restrictions as the AR-15 but I do not know if it still remains.
The laws in-game dont say they are legal, and the AR-15 has the orange icon like its illegal, so I can only guess that AR-15s are illegal.

Rufucuz

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

The laws in-game dont say they are legal, and the AR-15 has the orange icon like its illegal, so I can only guess that AR-15s are illegal.
Ar-15 is leggal in ur own property with license , icon doesnt matter

WhiteSkeleton

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I think the gun laws, and laws in general, should be much more clear. The lawbook says AR15s are legal on your own property, but that contradicts the laws in game. Same for the definition of a firearm. There should be a quicklink app in the Monotablet that opens up the lawbook. The more people that know about it, the better roleplay for everybody. (Cops, criminals, lawyers, etc)

klas

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

-support, handguns and AR-15s (on property) are very realistic to be the only legal guns, IRL most people who own guns carry handguns not shotguns

gnu

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

snip

Last edited:

Rommel

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

The lawbook on the forum is considered to be a state level lawbook, while the ingame one via the tablet is local level. If there are ever any contradictions with laws the one on the forum takes precedence. In this occasion please refer to it when it comes to what firearms can be made legal.

Also yes, currently the Ar-15 is the only long gun that can be made legal with certain requirements having to be met to allow it to be so.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

-support, handguns and AR-15s (on property) are very realistic to be the only legal guns, IRL most people who own guns carry handguns not shotguns
realistically not every person in the city has access to class 3 firearms either.
obviously a handgun in real life does more damage than in-game.
a pistol in game is useless 8/10 times

Paul Mckittrick

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I think it would be cool to see a bit more power given back to the people maybe do something with current pistols giving the mayor more say :)

Reactions: gnu

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

to elaborate on what I said; in real life, a pistol is life threatening no matter where you’re shot. In-game a pistol will only take 25 hpish per shot, and that’s if you land the shot. That’s why regulating better weapons to be legal would be obtainable. In real life nobody has rifles that much, but in game, everyone has a rifle, and the law abiding citizens are left defenseless with just handguns.

Wolv

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I’d think it’d be cool to have a rule where only during emergency states an AR-15 is aloud to be carried. However this means that we would need to enforce a rule like “no declaring emergency states for bank robberies as the cops already are handling it” only declare emergency states and people are aloud to carry a bigger gun for when admins do things like alien invasion type events, or even when there’s high crime. Don’t declare emergency states when something the cops can handle, if you were to do that and people were running around with AR-15s it’d be chaos when cops are trying to handle a bank raid. Sorry if this doesn’t make a lot of sense, but not only does this give a chance for people to feel comfortable carrying a bigger gun, but it might also make paying attention to emergency states more important, along with the mayor having to worry about paying attention when to start an emergency state and when to not.