Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

I had recently updated my windows 10, and after the update, my headphones (HyperX Cloud II) now cut out every second or two with a sharp but quiet static. I don't know if its just me but it makes listening to anything just terrible. I tried it out on my phone and it works perfectly fine there, the only issue is this. The only thing that the update actually updated was "Corsair HIDClass". I have no clue what to do, the issue isn't my headphones but my computer, I might try to get a cheap soundcard or something to see if its that however I highly doubt it's that.
Things I have tried:
Run default sound issue detection; Result: Nothing
Change the Spacial Sound, Result; Nothing
Reset all the sound options to default; Result: Nothing
Reset PC; Result: Nothing
Uninstall Headphone Drivers and Reinstall; Result: Nothing
Tried different headphones on the computer; Result: The same issue, even with different headphones, at this point I think it has something to do with the audio however I still have no clue

Last edited:

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Okay sounds like what happened to me a couple months ago.
Delete any audio enhancing software like razer or Logitech and be sure that the connections for your headset or nice and tight. Next restart the computer.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Okay sounds like what happened to me a couple months ago.
Delete any audio enhancing software like razer or Logitech and be sure that the connections for your headset or nice and tight. Next restart the computer.
It happened after I installed Dolby Atmos and it prompted me to install an update by restart, after that it gave me the issues. I already uninstalled it had restarted however it is still there.

sparrow

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

did you try dropping your headset?

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

did you try dropping your headset?
That is not the issue, it is the software, I use them on my PS4 with no issues and on my Phone with no issue

Cherry

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Alright bud i had the same problem and i did some special shit in my cmd to fix it and i dont remember how to do it but i heard praying fixes everything so give that a try? :)

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Alright bud i had the same problem and i did some special shit in my cmd to fix it and i dont remember how to do it but i heard praying fixes everything so give that a try? :)
Ye, ill try that

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

When audio problems occur, the first step is usually to download install a fresh copy of the audio driver from your support page. If the fresh copy is the same version as the currently installed driver, you might have to first remove the current driver files.
If the fresh driver installation does not fix the problem then one can test the driver by switching to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager.
2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.
3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select to uninstall.
4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
5. Restart your PC.
When your PC boots up, it will look for Realtek files. If none found then it will install the native driver. If an earlier version of a Realtek driver had been downloaded then its files could still be in your PC and Windows would install that version of the Realtek, not the native driver. So after step 5, go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until "Realtek" no longer appears under Sound...Controllers. If you see "High Definition Audio Device" that is the native driver, although in Win10 it can have a different name.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict

Years of Mono

LV

Fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.