Lt.Wilson

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

I am getting really tired of Sgts, Lts, Asst. Chiefs, Detectives, all using the radio as if it is their discord channel.

It puts PD at such a disadvantage when everyone has the attention span of a goldfish and cant remember callouts and locations.
I hear an Asst Chief yesterday just spewing his opinions, suggestions, and taking so long to describe a vehicle. Radio comms
should be short and to the point. I think enforcing proper radio comms would help PD overall seem more competent and mature.
Lots of players on civ think cops act like clowns.

No hate to anyone at all, I just think this is an easily fixable issue. No staff or higher ups seem to enforce radio silence enough.

Thanks!

StewartJames

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I am getting really tired of Sgts, Lts, Asst. Chiefs, Detectives, all using the radio as if it is their discord channel.

It puts PD at such a disadvantage when everyone has the attention span of a goldfish and cant remember callouts and locations.
I hear an Asst Chief yesterday just spewing his opinions, suggestions, and taking so long to describe a vehicle. Radio comms
should be short and to the point. I think enforcing proper radio comms would help PD overall seem more competent and mature.
Lots of players on civ think cops act like clowns.

No hate to anyone at all, I just think this is an easily fixable issue. No staff or higher ups seem to enforce radio silence enough.

Thanks!
Hi - I'll ask fellow staff members to keep an eye on the radio if possible, thank you for letting us know!

PD remains a work in progress, and as many whitelists and punishments we put in place, a good police force comes from a good culture, it all starts with players attitudes!

I invite all players to enjoy their time on cop and also remember their actions have a direct effect on other players and how the force operates even once they leave the job.

On a side note, our policy enforces radio efficacy rather than silence. Officers are allowed to chat so they don't become mind numbingly bored, however it is the responsibility of the chief and other officers to ensure it remains efficable - if an emergency call goes out, it needs to be heard and dealt with before chatter can continue.

"Break break" or "clear comms" are phrases players are now used to, and failing to do so when those words come through can result in a demotion.

Let me know if any chiefs or assistant chiefs are failing to keep control of their radio.

Before anyone starts criticising this policy or its enforcement, please be aware that we're currently in the process of changing our stance and policy around radio usage. While any feedback won't fall on deaf ears, this info will be outdated reasonably soon.