Hoblit's starter guide to Monolith [OUTDATED]

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

Hoblit

Dec 3, 2016
Sweden

USE THIS GUIDE INSTEAD
this guide has not been updated since 18/04/2018 (it's only up as a memory of my time on the server.)

Hello and welcome to my guide for the new player of Monolith Servers, let's start.

Once you connect to the server for the first time you are to put in a realistic roleplay name, this is the name you character will go with until you decide to change at the spawn (which has a fee of $10,000).

When you as a new player, is done with making your new name & character you might have a few questions, two of the most common ones are;
"How do I get a job?" and "How do I make money?"

Really, there are loads of ways to make money and there are multiple government jobs, even private jobs that other civilians might offer you.
Two of the most common jobs that people tend to join here on Monolith would be the police force or they head over to Grace's hospital and sign up as a medic.

The Police station is the place you go to when you are either caught doing crimes and you are brought here by a police officer or you decide to join the police force, but do keep in mind you need player level 5 to join the cadet role!

Many people do get bored when playing as a cadet as they are not issued a service firearm nor a vehicle, but getting bored can easily be avoided by asking over the radio if anyone can pick you up and let you patrol with them, if you do this, you'll soon find yourself in player level 10 to become a real police officer.

Grace's Hospital is where you go to get healed, become a medic or just pick up the basic medical supplies sold by the vendor on the right when you enter the building. On the left you should find the medical recruiter where you can become a medic at player level 1.

Unlike the cadet job, this job doesn't get as boring because you are almost always needed even if you don't have a vehicle. You will find dead people all over the streets and wounded people that you can revive and heal, you will find yourself as a paramedic in no time which means you'll have a vehicle.

So the jobs were fun and all, but you want to go big, you want to fill your bank account up with hard earned cash, not to worry, here on Monolith there are many ways to do so. Seeing as this is a guide for the new player we will start from the bottom where everyone starts. To start your journey, head over to the supermarket, if you don't know where that is you can ask the two NPCs placed in spawn who give out directions.

This would be the place you to go in order to purchase the basics, let's say you want to start farming which is a great way to earn some starter money and it's needed to start growing cannabis later in the game.

Farming
Farming as mentioned earlier is needed to start growing cannabis, which is the best way to earn fast cash in my opinion. To get started you head over to the supermarket as instructed above in order to purchase yourself a farming hoe and a watering can. Once you've picked up these two essential items you head over to the far left vendor to purchase yourself tomato seeds, make sure not to buy any other seeds as you are not the appropriate level for anything else than tomatoes. You can buy whatever amount you seem fit, but I recommend five because you can have five farming plots out at the same time.

When you have your seeds, farming hoe and your watering can, you can exit the supermarket and head for any close by grass spot. At this grass spot you equip your farming hoe and your watering can by pressing Q to open your inventory, you should find your hoe and your watering can inside of your inventory, simply drag them both up to the misc section of your inventory and they will equip.

Once equipped you can head over to your grow location and move the red/green prop which should appear wherever you're aiming with your farming hoe forward, once it's green you can left click it place down a farming plot, remember that you can have five of these down at the same time as a non-premium member. You can now press E on the newly formed farming plots, a wide box should pop up where you have a drop-down menu, click on the tomato tab there and then press 'plant'.

From here on it's straight forward, you sell your crops at the supermarket to the middle vendor by opening your inventory and while looking at her/him, clicking on your crop where a new option should have appeared saying "Sell (crop) for $(amount)"

Mining
Mining is used for loads of things, for example, crafting, where high level metals are needed but you have to start somewhere, so here is how. To start mining you need to head over to the NPC on the right inside of the supermarket. Once you arrive at this NPC you press E on him to interact and there you purchase yourself a pickaxe. With your new investment you head over to the mining ravine, you can ask the direction NPC in the spawn for directions.

When you first arrive you'll have to start mining rocks, They don't require any mining level to gather and are easy to find, once you level up to level 6 in mining you can start mining the copper ores which are (at the time of writing this) very popular so you'll have a hard time missing them. Mining isn't as advanced as farming and is rather straight forward. You don't earn much from selling your stones and copper ores to the vendor in the supermarket, the current prices are $1 per stone and $2 per copper ore which is a really bad price. Though, you can wait for someone to make an ad about buying stones/copper ore, these people are mostly crafters and will pay up to x10 the amount the vendor would pay you for each unit of copper/stone.

Woodcutting
Just like mining, high tier woods are needed for high tier crafting and making planks, and yet again you need to start somewhere. Head over to the supermarket and purchase yourself a woodcutting axe from the far right vendor, after this you can head over to the woodcutting forest where you will have the most luck in finding level 0 trees, there is a small amount spread out around the map.

Alike mining you just keep hitting the tree until the resources hit 0%, at this point you head over to another tree. Woodcutting is a slow process but will earn in the end like mining and farming. At woodcutting level 14 you can start chopping birch trees who sell for more money and can be used for crafting that differs from the normal wood. A high-level woodcutting player is an important person in a crafters circle of contacts.

-

Thanks to @Tonacane for providing valuable information.

As of 18/04/2018, this guide is no longer being updated and may be outdated.

Last edited:

WhiteWolf

Banned
Banned
Apr 6, 2017
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reactions: Hazza and Hoblit

Hoblit

Dec 3, 2016
Sweden
Great guide can u carry it on and how to grow weed
This guide is going to be re-made once I find the time, and sure, I'll include weed x)

Reactions: Tim Transworth

Falneth

Nov 27, 2017
United States of America
Where are good farming locations? I try to farm anywhere and a cop shows up saying I can’t farm on public property or I get mugged for my crops. What places are safe but legal?

Ali

Monolith Addict
Jul 20, 2017
Illinois
Where are good farming locations? I try to farm anywhere and a cop shows up saying I can’t farm on public property or I get mugged for my crops. What places are safe but legal?
You could start paying for a house or property and use the grass area there.

Hoblit

Dec 3, 2016
Sweden

I now refer to this video regarding the weed guide part, made by @ShadowKing until this guide is re-vamped which will be done in the early months of 2018.

Reactions: ShadowKing

Aceshooter

Aug 9, 2017
This is a great guide, I think that new people that come on the server and access the website, or even type !Guide in game, They will really find this useful, Great Job!

Hoblit

Dec 3, 2016
Sweden
For some odd reason the spacers have been taken down, I'll see if I can find some time to replace them.

Hoblit

Dec 3, 2016
Sweden
guide is out of date and can be unpinned