Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipski

Monolith Veteran

Years of Mono

LV

The one thing that I hope to see on this server is for the player count to return to a point where the server seems like its full of life and not just empty space. What is a good way that the server could potentially attract new or bring back old players? One of my thoughts is through youtuber collabs, back when I played and was staff back in 2017-2018ish the staff cooperated with a few big name youtubers to make videos on the server. I recall Psisyndicate and DanielFromSL making vids on the server along with a few slightly smaller youtubers. After those videos would go up I remember the player count would skyrocket and sometimes you would have to wait a while to even get into the server cause it would be full. Why haven’t the staff and community managers tried to arrange something like this again?

Hyper360

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

+support

The Cool Boy

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

i doubt CMs care anymore im not hearing any new content and by new i mean reverting back to previous content, you've banned half your player base even while gmod is getting less players. your unban waves were keeping the server alive and the fact it wasnt as boring. i get on mono and then get straight back of due to bordem

Bobby Hive

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

i doubt CMs care anymore
To be fair to the CM’s, if they didn’t care then they wouldn’t of tried to switch back to Rockford and at least attempt to switch it up. The problem is the timing may have been too late. It’s unfortunate to see mono struggling but after almost 5-6 years any gmod server would start to struggle. Though, there is still hope, so let’s not just give up yet.

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Last edited:

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

i doubt CMs care anymore im not hearing any new content and by new i mean reverting back to previous content, you've banned half your player base even while gmod is getting less players. your unban waves were keeping the server alive and the fact it wasnt as boring. i get on mono and then get straight back of due to bordem
Hello,

We do care for the community and wish to see it thrive again. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here.
Furthermore, we have not banned "half of our player base". We have instructed staff to be more lenient on punishments and only remove people from the server when it is really necessary (i.e. by resorting to bans). Our goal here is not to punish people, but we will do if they break our rules, especially if that is done intentionally, such as when someone is cheating.

As I mentioned the other day on discord, we are open to your suggestions. In fact, our last update incorporated some suggestions authored by community players! Therefore, if you or anyone else wishes to contribute and improve the community, you can:
  • Come up with constructive suggestions for the gamemode, and describe them on the forums "Game Feedback" suggestions. We will review them often and will add those we believe are good for the gamemode to our trello board. Our board also allows you guys to track our progress on each update and on each specific future;
  • Join our staff team, by applying for a staff position, as long as you meet the criteria required to become staff in the community.
We are going to resume our work on our next major update, 2.1! :cool:

To be fair to the CM’s, if they didn’t care then they wouldn’t of tried to switch back to Rockford and at least attempt to switch it up. The problem is the timing may have been too late. It’s unfortunate to see mono struggling but after almost 5-6 years any gmod server would start to struggle. Though, there is still hope, so let’s not just give up yet.

There is always hope. And we will do our very best to make Monolith thrive again. But we need your help to do that as well!

Wilzon DeCarlo

Monolith Pleb

Years of Mono

LV

There’s just such a heavy split between serious on semi-serious players that it’s hard to keep thing at a vibe level man I’m just on here to have fun and chill with people then someone comes in who wants to “rp” in the worst way man I just want shit to be fun then someone wants to hardcore rp as a gang member or cop and take it way way way to far man

PhaseBootz

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

You aren't bringing the server back.

The staff do not care about anybody but themselves and their friends. They refuse to help players, find reasons to not punish their favorites when the evicence is clear, and do not listen at all.

The lenient punishments do not apply to everybody. Most people get verbals, but if you're someone the staff h ates, they will give you a WP or actually ban you.

I'm probably going to get banned, but at least the server is dying for obvious reasons. Even the most regulars are done, and maybe those premium subs will drop

AnslyBuddha

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

I think they just need a way to bring new players in and forget about the old players. The old players will never be satisfied, we have done everything there is to do and any new content gets eaten up in a couple days. But Gmod is an old game and I feel that the players who want to rp choose to do it on Star Wars and Hogwarts instead. Maybe the cops and robbers aspect of mono is the only exciting thing on here right now.

Ace Carter

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

bring back old players ‍♂️

Austin Hunter

Monolith Veteran
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I can't say much
but I can say

something​

On a more serious note, I can't discuss the stuff coming up or that was talked about but I can say I was impressed at some of the ideas and things the future holds. Thank you all for continuing to contribute ideas. As a FYI we do listen to the constructive criticisms here and are changing some of the things :D

Angryhalobird

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

Welp, I guess I have to say something after being gone for years. From the experiences I have had for the past few days on the server, I have noticed that certain activities can not be done due to the lack of players. Like when I was playing, the vast organizations caused chaos, drama, and a lot of fun that made monolith different. The other thing I have noticed is that the fun crime activities are player locked because to be able to rob a bank, you need a keycard, and you need a certain amount of cops online. The problem is that because little to no people play (no offense) police anymore because the issue is that the large organization fights with cops, the insane bank raids, the huge organization houses full of players, no one connects, and the quantity of staff during late hours is a problem. When I've played during 8ish (PT), there is a lack of mods, and when someone breaks the rules, nothing can be done until the troll gets bored or someone leaves.

The main problem is sadly time has not been kind to Garry's mod, a lot of players have transferred to different games or can no longer spend the time they can on Monolith. Maybe during COVID, there was a huge player boost, but sadly a lot of players have left, and it's sad seeing this server begin to fade away into nothing. I did wish that more players would be online when I came back, but sadly it's not the same.

This will be the last post I will most likely be making on this forum, thank you all for the fantastic times' everyone has given me for the years I was there and the wonderful people I have met, godspeed everyone.

PiffTheSeal

Monolith Grinder

Years of Mono

LV

I would say the server at this point is not fun mostly due to the toxic environment it’s in, Orgs are beyond toxic and compare to nothing I’ve seen, you got clowns shit talking and breaking rules and then get banned for cheating or some other dumb shit so it’s not even staffs fault, the player base Is a also at fault for being consistent of emotionally unstable degenerates who get mad or hurt about anythring and then resort to cheating/rule breaking,

You also have starting off for new players, starting off on the server takes hours of grinding and devs and staff have no intentions of making it easier from the looks of it and that’s also why you see an abundance of cops and shit like that cause who doesn’t want to be in a shootout, and for people who have experience and been here for a while, there’s nothing new that is exciting and different, meth system or whatever it was, was never added so we had false hope for something that was never coming, so there is nothing that would want to make someone come back else then the people, content has been changed for reasons that are quite dumb at times like I see it this way if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, like unless there are literally complaints about certain content then fix it.

But you know developers no offense from the encounters I’ve had with a few of them, their heads are so far up their asses and won’t hear constructive criticism and instead just insist they’re right cause they’re the one making the changes, in the past the disconnect between players and staff was so big so there was nothing really being taken from the community feedback wise so you have a shit ton of content now that some of it was asked to change and was changed after a whole few months like the shitty coke system we had with syphoning, and then we have content that no one wants or likes due to the changes or simply no one likes it, cop continues to get buffs when they are already good and just cause some people complain oh no me die I complain, they get more shit so people who do criminal actions are the ones who are hurt by it and there’s no fun in being plowed by cops cause they outnumber and gun you.

So basically this big disconnect between devs/staff and players has just trickled down to now where you actually value your players and unban them because your server is hanging from a thread and basiclsly is being carried by the French side I’m pretty sure cause I see more players on there and not the US/EU English and at this point no players want to be on a server where staff aren’t helpful at times no offense not all but some and then when they’re not listened to until now because the server is dying and everyone decides what if we listened to players and what they want like who would’ve thought that would keep people around.

Don’t get me wrong I like the server and the people, but the server has underlying issues that have been there for years now and have never been taken seriously or been ignored due to the stubbornness of staff or players and nothing was done to address them in the past and ignored and I can say as formal staff even tho I got removed, both sides players and staff are unbelievably stubborn and stupid at times. I personally don’t think it’ll come back at this point is just waiting for it to shut down or for it to come back on S&Box which would be the smarter decision especially if you spend time putting your development previews out there instead of keeping it behind closed doors cause you’ll build up excitement and attract other people and if you have dev post too you can attract people from social media too.

But that’s my thoughts on how the server is and some of the issues with it as a whole.

Also I will make this clear now, I’m no Angel and probably contributed to some of the toxic issues between orgs

Last edited:

Tye

Monolith Addict
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

add anti-PVP rules
Idk how people still cant understand this, the one reason the survive ever has high pop is cus frag RP is why the majority of the playerbase, actually play the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.