FosterGecko

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

Are you tired of having to open the console to turn on +attack? Do you wish there was a way you could bind +attack to a key and not have to hold it down? Well look no further than this guide, because here I will show you a few quick console commands that will end this struggle.

Step 1) Open the developer console by pressing the (~) key. This key is called the tilde and is located to the left of the 1 key.

**If the console does not open, press escape and go to options. On the keyboard tab, click the ADVANCED button, and make sure "ENABLE DEVELOPER CONSOLE" is checked.

Step 2) Copy and paste the following, one line at a time:

alias attack_on "+attack; alias toggleattack attack_off"
alias attack_off "-attack; alias toggleattack attack_on"
attack_off

**Additionally, you can copy and paste these 3 lines into your autoexec.cfg file, which is located in Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg

Step 3) The last thing you'll need to do is assign a key that will toggle +attack. Personally I chose my Z key but any available keys will work.

bind key toggleattack

Bingo! You're done! Now all you need to do is exit the console, and whenever you're out mining, press the key you assigned to enable +attack!

something

Monolith Senior
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Thank you, it works.. :)