Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyureh

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

A description of your technical issue: I am having some issues with my HUD and my minimap. My best experience on the server is to join the server when on the 'None' setting for the Betas.

Has it happened before?: Only when I am able to join the server. This happened ever since the first time I joined the server.

Extraneous details/description:
Here are my results of joining the server with different BETA settings:

None - I can load in with no problems, but I am having the issue I described

Chromium - One of two things occur after many reconnects and retries.
1. I can't load into the game, I "time out" when I am at the final stage of loading in the server.
2. I join, however, I get stuck at the 'initializing' screen. Due to this, I do not know if being on the Chromium Beta would solve my issue. (I am told the only fix for this is x64 Beta).

Dev - Two launches, one where I timed out, and another where I joined, but no issues were fixed. No notes on performance changes.

Prerelease - Haven't tried.

x86-64 Chromium + 64-bit binaries - I crash when I am in the final stages of loading into the server, I get no error log of this, however. I suspect it has to do with RAM/Memory. I will test alternatives in the meantime.

UPDATE: A successful join on x86-64! I joined the server, after obnoxiously long load time, however, nothing fixed! I still had all the same issues I've always had. Furthermore, performance went absolutely down the drain, to the point the server was unplayable.

Keynotes,
  • Every time I did successfully join, the dHeist bot recognized I had ALL of the workshop items downloaded.
  • I have verified the integrity of the game cache many times, !content all installed, CS:S is installed/verified/mounted.
  • Model/Detail Visual Settings are on the required settings for the server and are also optimized for computer performance for me (weak PC). (experimenting)
Other potentially important notes, but not related at all to the direct issue:
  • Vehicles load and are perfectly fine, as well as VCMod, their sounds, and textures.
  • The map is fine, with no errors/checkerboards, and ambient sounds are appropriate.
  • Weapons are in people's crotches commonly, but the models are fine/not errors, and the sounds they produce when firing are correct. (Fixed itself randomly)
  • The Handheld Radio icon in my Inventory is an error, however, the radio and it's UI/GUI works perfectly. (Fixed following latest reply)
  • The pouch on the right hip of Paramedics are checkerboards, but the rest of the outfit is good. (NOT Fixed)
  • The vape SWEPs are errors, but the clouds they produce are fine. (Fixed following latest reply)
  • The 'lock' icon on vehicles/doors is also checkerboard. (Fixed following latest reply)
  • Defibrillators are errors/do not show in hand, however the shock effect appears and seems normal, and the defibs work as intended. (Fixed following latest reply)

Have you checked “solved” for your issue?: Yes. One person is having the same issues as me, but I am not sure if he is having the same issues I listed.

Last edited:

Pyureh

Monolith Rookie

Years of Mono

LV

UPDATE: FIXED! I no longer am having problems with HUD, Icons, Minimap, or other Monolith elements in the server!

I just want to prefix this guide that I am using the NONE option as far as beta versions are concerned, therefore proving that x86-64 is NOT NEEDED to enjoy or join this server!
  1. Go to steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/FactoryReset-GMod
    1. Save your Autoexec notepad document if you have custom settings you want!
    2. While you're here might as well clean up your screenshots/demos folder since this takes a minute.
  2. Clear your workshop collection and unsubscribe from all items from Garrys Mod.
  3. Operate the .bat file, and go through its instructions on confirming that you want to factory reset your garrysmod.
  4. Open Garrys Mod, run as normal.
    1. You might get prompted that your Steam Cloud Sync is outdated, and out of date. Select to UPLOAD your files (the second option). Relaunch Garrys Mod once that is complete.
      1. Garrys Mod might not start after a few minutes, that is normal and okay, close the launching tab, and proceed to step 5.
  5. Open Steam, Right Click Garrys Mod, Properties, Local Files Tab, Verify Integrity of Cache.
  6. Go to this link, click SUBSCRIBE TO ALL.
  7. Allow the downloads to finish while in the menus of Garrys Mod.

itz_coffee

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Moved to solved

Status
Not open for further replies.