Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownonceagain

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

Alright let me start this little rant off by saying, i love monolith, i'm gonna play here for a while, and i have respect for %55 Of the staff team.

1. Vehicle Damage: Do i need to even explain this? backing into a wall at 4 MPH will take %5 of your cars health / your heal as well, to many people can just get a car and commit VDM, ive lost so many things due to this, and its un-balanced and broken as shit.

2. Orgs: So i respect some orgs, but most are just fuckin cruel to the people who just started playing, and when people get shot by fuckin BMF or some shit and lost 20 hours of progress, just to a fight they were never gonna win, is something i have personally been through that shit and it fucking sucks and it just drives away new players.

3. Staff: (Ja, Airless, And Asiandiskool are excluded from this agruement.) Where do i start? Alright ill start with "video". If you dont have some kind of video software that dosent record the last 10 minutes, your fucked if you get RDMed and lose all of your shit. Its fucking horrible, and the fact that players need to suffer for the fact admins should do a better job is quite dissapointing. I have seen servers that are now dead with better logging systems too. Same applies to vehicles with good log system. I get that nearly the entirety of this server was hand crafted, but if you would rather have something you made and say its yours then have a more practical system that would benefit nearly everyone and have less minges, then fuck man thats not very cool.

4. Blacklists: (OOC,Vehicle,Weapon Etc.) These are worse then bans, these are just fucking annoying and restrict server game play. I get its supposed to be a punishment, but blacklists are alot more frequent then getting a ban. These can be absolutely game breaking depending on your situation, first of all if you get vehicle blacklisted, you cant solo raid any of the banks / gas station.
weapon ban, it allows other people to just fucking walk on you, if your farming alone they will just steal your shit and all you can do is watch, if your friends being mugged and your the only person who can save him you cant do that, it goes on and on.

PS, I mean everything i said to BMF, Raiders and Mslide.

Credence

Mentor
Mentor
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

i mean if you dont want to be blacklisted from stuff then don't break the rules? not saying i agree with all the rules but they are there and we have to abide by them or suffer punishments.

Ace Carter

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I mean If you act like a idiot and get yourself blacklisted I don’t get how it’s our problem.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

I'll address some of these points when I review them more thoroughly. I'll lock this for now, and maybe re-open it if people are interested in a civil discussion on what we could to do to help improve our server and community

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

It is very interesting that you mention all of these things when your steam account has not even been on the server.

Gregg

Monolith Legend

Years of Mono

LV

Yikes.

Gonna address one of the points anyways while this thread still exists.

3. Staff: (Ja, Airless, And Asiandiskool are excluded from this agruement.) Where do i start? Alright ill start with "video". If you dont have some kind of video software that dosent record the last 10 minutes, your fucked if you get RDMed and lose all of your shit. Its fucking horrible, and the fact that players need to suffer for the fact admins should do a better job is quite dissapointing. I have seen servers that are now dead with better logging systems too. Same applies to vehicles with good log system. I get that nearly the entirety of this server was hand crafted, but if you would rather have something you made and say its yours then have a more practical system that would benefit nearly everyone and have less minges, then fuck man thats not very cool.

1. We require video as not everything is feasible to be logged. You need to understand if you're coming from a server where you have to /advert every single thing you do then they have it way easier to track, however with our much more relaxed and free style of gameplay, we request you record as we cannot track every single thing. I come from Superior Servers so I have knowledge enough of what other servers have in terms of logging systems, there's like ours works just the same, their rules however make it easier for RDM to be tracked. And since they have no cars, there is no VDM. It's just like Arma III servers, you are required to record for sits. It sucks, yes, but we only do this simply because we have zero alternative.
  2. Our staff do the best job they can, I don't see people like you being patient enough with them when you know your countless useless alts get busted, much less having to put up with the attitudes they get from some people playing on here, this is a volunteer effort, not a 9-5 paying job.
  3. Numerous RDMers get caught and busted each day, your argument that if you get RDMed nothing is done is invalid. I've been doing this for 2 years, both playing and staffing, and I know what does get done over what people claim "doesn't".
Overall people need to understand the two-way street of a player and a staff member. You also need to understand the limitations of the language used to develop this server, the engine, and the game itself. You want better systems that can track every single thing but you also want an optimized non-laggy server. Monolith pushes Garry's Mod to its absolute limits, you don't think a very robust death-tracking system would not make the server even more impossible to play? Please.

Anywho, good luck, hope the wasted 9.99 was worth it for one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.