MRP Implementing a hacking software

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get_Left

Oct 22, 2018
Description of suggestion: (Provide a detailed description of what you are suggesting) So I played a server called Civil Gamers, you can hack on it, so I think this sever should have to too. It can do many things such as hacking the bank door open or maybe stopping the alarm sound of the bank vault when it opens. Or maybe hacking into players door alarms so you can silently get into peoples bases. But I think you should be able to buy a labtop at the contraband dealer for 7500-10000 and it drops on death. You should also receive a jail sentence if police find a hacking software on your labtop. I lastly think a cool thing to add is hacking players cameras on their base to see what’s going on and really plan a raid.

Reason why it should be added: (Explain why your suggestion should be implemented) I think it should be added because it can add much more opportunities in job, such as ransoms so you pay the hacker money in return he won’t tell the cops about the illegals that you have, I also think it could add much more fun and a good way to really plan a raid if you’re into raiding. Sorry if I missed some reasons in this topic but I think the devs could find some awesome ways this could be implemented and what hacking can be used for.

Related content: (Include Steam Workshop links or other relevant content needed) I don’t have any but I’m pretty sure you can find the hacking workshop content on the Civil Gamers workshop link on their forums.

Thank you everyone for reading my suggestion I hope this will help the server grow and be much more fun!

Alex Anderson

Oct 1, 2017
I do like the idea of this, but I think that it would need to be extremely hard to hack into things, because a silent bank robbery is nothing to laugh at, that could be the biggest crime spree in monolith history, so it needs to be balanced, maybe make it so the laptop is only able to be purchased once you are lvl 45+ and make hacking a hard minigame, not just a "type this code" "fill in this blank" "You're in" type thing

Get_Left

Oct 22, 2018
I do like the idea of this, but I think that it would need to be extremely hard to hack into things, because a silent bank robbery is nothing to laugh at, that could be the biggest crime spree in monolith history, so it needs to be balanced, maybe make it so the laptop is only able to be purchased once you are lvl 45+ and make hacking a hard minigame, not just a "type this code" "fill in this blank" "You're in" type thing
I think the level thing is good too, I think you should be a high player level to buy this too.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
I think the level thing is good too, I think you should be a high player level to buy this too.
This is a great idea, it not only provides new content for criminals to use (cause they always think cops are OP), but it also can be implemented without being too overly used and overpowered as you can balance them in many different ways. For one, if they DoD, criminals will use them a lot more conservatively thus, balancing the item. Also with the arrestable offense it contributes to the difficulty. I can definitely see that added as a skill too. There should also be different quality devices with lower or higher chances, or just one that you get better with increased skill. It all depends on how it is implemented however it's a great suggestion. +support

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
nah dont turn this into zarp, all rich people will completely rape new players with stuff like this
Like I had stated, these can be balanced with so many different things. Also, the only uses for it would be basic, so muting/delaying house alarms, delaying bank alarm, etc. So have electronics be able to be delayed.

Gregg

MRP Server Director
MRP Server Director
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Media Creator
Event Team
MRP Recruitment Team
Aug 11, 2017
I like the idea tbh. I think the minigame should be like the one in the first heist for GTA Online, allthough a lot more difficult, and of course priced reasonably to match the reward for successfully getting into something with it.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
I like the idea tbh. I think the minigame should be like the one in the first heist for GTA Online, allthough a lot more difficult, and of course priced reasonably to match the reward for successfully getting into something with it.
I would say something like Watchdogs 2 or like a combo of both. It all depends on how they implement it whether it would be good or not

A Sack O' Salt

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Dec 10, 2017
The laptops could include a software like how you have your MonoSecure on your mono tablet and include your cameras on the laptops instead of your tablet. Also the hack could also include disabling the alarm instead of turning It off. You can also make a false 911 call about raiders at suburbs to get the cops away.

Reactions: Bobby Hive

Horrendous

Monolith Pleb
Dec 29, 2017
Michigan, United States of America
This is a pretty cool idea would be even cooler if you could hack people’s door alarm to trigger it prematurely and then bust in when they don’t expect it

Reactions: dylan7

Bob King

Banned
Banned
Jun 30, 2017
+SuPpOrT

Max Omari

Oct 25, 2018
Something similar to this suggestion, I think it'd be fun if there was a static hacking laptop that was on the map in a secluded area which can be hacked into by various gangs (or cops) and when captured they recieve money and XP when they get their paychecks. For example, 'The Sixth' own the hacking laptop (not sure what to call the actual capture sector) and from this members in their group get money every paycheck and XP so like $200-$500 per paycheck and maybe 100-2k xp along with it each time. Could also implement other benefits like 10% faster weapon manufacturing, 15% faster farming etc. The process could be a hacking minigame as someone else said, or it could just be a process bar I don't know. As someone captures it by hacking into the laptop, your friends would have to defend you as other gangs could be notified or something. Otherwise, I think that hacking should be implemented into the server as it would provide much more to do and give the criminal side a lot more depth.

A Sack O' Salt

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Dec 10, 2017
Something similar to this suggestion, I think it'd be fun if there was a static hacking laptop that was on the map in a secluded area which can be hacked into by various gangs (or cops) and when captured they recieve money and XP when they get their paychecks. For example, 'The Sixth' own the hacking laptop (not sure what to call the actual capture sector) and from this members in their group get money every paycheck and XP so like $200-$500 per paycheck and maybe 100-2k xp along with it each time. Could also implement other benefits like 10% faster weapon manufacturing, 15% faster farming etc. The process could be a hacking minigame as someone else said, or it could just be a process bar I don't know. As someone captures it by hacking into the laptop, your friends would have to defend you as other gangs could be notified or something. Otherwise, I think that hacking should be implemented into the server as it would provide much more to do and give the criminal side a lot more depth.
I like this idea a lot more opposed to everyone owning their own laptop. Much like the cuff NPC we could have a hacking NPC.

Reactions: Max Omari

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
Having a police hacker job could also work but a lot of people would be against it

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
I agree, but it would have to be balanced because police is already really good.
Yep, that is important. I am sure they will give it to the public first and see how that goes. Police are already really good as you said.

[EDEN] Matthew

Banned
Banned
Jul 9, 2018
+support one of the better suggestions for the server this is a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.