Not open for further replies.

JoeStrk

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

Your Steam Name: JoeStrk
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41111774
Your Character Name (If Applicable): Joe Boye

Admin being reported: (Tag by writing @ before their forum name)
@DystopianRaven

Reason for Report: I'd like to argue that DystopianRaven's ban towards me was aggravated, and I'm not sure why. If it's due to my extensive history, I'd like to say that I've been improving thus far, albeit with some lapse and error, however I believe I'm providing an entertaining roleplay experience to those around me.

That said, brass tacks and all.

@DystopianRaven mishandled a report I was involved in and, for lack of better phrase, jumped the gun on me regarding disciplinary action.

At ~3:50 AM PST, in-game, I was arrested and was told to destroy two 1911s. I was experiencing in-game script errors involving my inventory, I'm sure many of you experienced the same, and had trouble destroying them at first. Nothing major, just some input lag. As we're aware, when you destroy an item in-game it prompts into the chat the equivalent of a /me. In this instance, a prompt displaying ''Joe Boye takes out and destroys an M1911''. I had to repeat it the first time, and again for the second gun, resulting in three prompts of the aforementioned statement. DystopianRaven took this as StallRP, as due to the script error I had to take the time to destroy the weapon. After all was said and done, I was threatened in chat by DystopianRaven himself with a warning for the cited offence. When I disputed this, he banned me for lying in a sit. A sit that lasted a total of about twenty-five seconds, long enough for DystopianRaven to go off on me about lying, giving me no chance to explain myself, before banning me. This ban has since been repealed and lifted by the server director.

Y'know, it's the internet for Christ' sake. This really isn't a big deal, but there are a lot of people who play and take this server a lot more seriously than myself. I'd hate for them to experience the same and be heartbroken about it.

Time of Occurrence: 3:50 AM PST
Evidence to support your claim: Nothing damning, just an image of my script error being reported to me: As well as DS' image of his mod console displaying any prompts and actions on my end. https://monolithservers.com/forums/attachments/m1911-png.7479/ I'm sure admins will have a chance to review their own logs and reserve judgement.
Additional members involved/witnessing: Lt Bogger.

Sokolov

Awards

Years of Mono

LV

I judged based off what the logs were showing me, on your attitude, your stalling in an RP situation and your previous lengthy record.

JoeStrk

Monolith Newcomer

Years of Mono

LV

I'd like to break this response as well as my rebuttal argument into fractions, one counter-point per point for simplicity's sake.

1. Judgement based on logs:
As shown in the accepted ban appeal, the logs appearing to you could not be trusted, rather, the interpretation of the logs could not be trusted. You banned me for lying. From your perspective, and forgive me if I'm wrong, I typed out a /me in to stall for time, yes? We've been over how this is incorrect. The logs should have shown the accompanying timestamp of my input destroying the 1911s. It seems the conclusion here is that while it would have been preferable to hand over the guns, the other solution was to destroy them, thus supplying you with the /me prompts, which led you to believe I spent the time typing out these prompts. Was this interpretation correct? Evidently not, and even if so, could anyone prove it?

2. Attitude:
Not much here really. In-game I was co-operative, but I'm not here to talk about in-game and in-character. Make no mistake, that's not what this report revolves around so much as the sit as well as the judgement and ban. What kind of conclusion could you have made about my attitude? I ask this out of genuine curiosity. I know I couldn't decipher someone's attitude in such a short interaction. Aside from confusion, twenty-five seconds in a sit isn't really much time to make a judgement call as far as attitude.

3. Stalling:
Goes hand-in-hand with point number one, I feel like. Logs and script errors I was experiencing from my perspective (which I argue has been articulate and thorough thus far, however on the chance anyone feels I'm not, please direct concerns my way.) should show that not only did I not have intention to stall, but I did not altogether. Any conclusion or interpretation of stalling is a result of (at the time) faulty UI and script performance. I wasn't able to delete the guns in a finger's snap. I tried, but it took some time. Do you believe this is my fault?

4. Record:
I won't argue, my ban record is a long one. I can't say much aside that I've been trying to make my experiences entertaining and rule-abiding. I have been trying, and I don't think you can argue that. Sure, I've made mistakes since my major infractions earlier on in my record, but like I mentioned, I've been trying.

PMX

Monolith God
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Dystopian thought you were lying, as when he was checking our logs he thought you were falsifying /me actions, based on what the logs were showing him. He failed to see that the items were actually destroyed, hence why you were unbanned by me.

However, through his perspective, as the logs were showing him that, he probably thought there was no need to extend the sit. He should be more careful in the future, though, to ensure the person is being punished if he/she deserves it.

I believe there is no need to take any further actions.

Remember to be respectful in sits, at all times.
Concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.