Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

No links to copyrighted material (warez)
A description of your technical issue: In attempting to resolve a missing textures issue, I have become unable to load the server past the initializing screen

Has it happened before?: Not before today.
Extraneous details/description:
I returned to log into the server, to see it's updates. I downloaded the content pack, and loaded in.
Initially, I saw that instead of the "thriving ventures" logo I am accustomed to, there was the missing texture, black and pink squares. Upon entering the game I found a small number of things were also missing, such as the back window in the menu, and my keys were a large error sign.
I have done the following (for future reference):
- Verified Garry's Mod files
- Verified CSS files
- Checked that CSS was clicked in GMod's main menu
- Ensured that all !content was correctly subscribed and downloaded

[removed by gm1003]
When I did that last step, I was unable to join the server past the initialising step. I would briefly see a part of the map, and maybe hear a short sound, but then I would get stuck in that screen.
I then proceeded to undo that last step, but to no avail. I am stuck on the initializing screen.

Have you checked “solved” for your issue?: Yes

Attachments

• stuck.png
    stuck.png
    219 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Are you on the 64 bit beta

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Are you on the 64 bit beta

Switched to that and I was still unable to join. Able to join the french one without issue though

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Did you try reconnecting? Does this happen every time you try joining? Normally it's fixed like that

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Did you try reconnecting? Does this happen every time you try joining? Normally it's fixed like that

Many times, yes. This happens every time on the english server but not the french one. And sadly my textures are still broken

Last edited:

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

Any new ideas?

Lakmean

Banned
Banned

Years of Mono

LV

I'm having the same issue.

ammeo

Suspended
Suspended

Years of Mono

LV

I was having the same issue 2 months ago. I unsubscribed from all gmod addons, uninstalled gmod and reinsalled it. Didnt work at first but upon the 3rd or 4th try, the issue somehow resolved.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

I was having the same issue 2 months ago. I unsubscribed from all gmod addons, uninstalled gmod and reinsalled it. Didnt work at first but upon the 3rd or 4th try, the issue somehow resolved.

No such luck sadly

Thy

Monolith Expert

Years of Mono

LV

No such luck sadly
When you uninstalled it, did you delete the folders in the gmod directory manually?
if not try that, make sure to get any files or folders related to gmod and remove them completely from your pc.
Worked for me.

Valdrec

Monolith Senior

Years of Mono

LV

When you uninstalled it, did you delete the folders in the gmod directory manually?
if not try that, make sure to get any files or folders related to gmod and remove them completely from your pc.
Worked for me.

yes

• Sad
Reactions: Thy

gm1003

Developer
Developer
Awards

Years of Mono

LV

Lower your texture quality and make sure you are on the 64 bit beta, you can also try lowering anti aliasing in your gmod settings

Make sure to close any background programs and use some gmod launch options (which are in the guides)

Moved to solved

Status
Not open for further replies.