Initializing

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacistDolphin

Jan 7, 2019
When I try to connect to the server it gets stuck on initializing and then I lose connection to the server.

A Sack O' Salt

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Dec 10, 2017
If nothing I suggested worked there’s really nothing that could be wrong. Reinstalling the addons and such, especially with a fresh install of Garry’s mod should fix anything and everything.
- Are you using any betas?
- Are you updated to the latest version?
- Have you tried other vehicles in-game
- Other servers with VCMOD?
Try deleting all of your addons and starting Garry’s mod again.
Upon restart (after deleting all addons from: steam apps/Garry’sMod/garrysmod/addons folder) it will reinstall addons onto your game and you should be able to rejoin the server. Even if you don’t have all addons, ensure that your multiplayer settings (gmod main menu- options- multiplayer) accept all custom files from the server you’re joining.

If that does not work, unsubscribe from all workshop addons, delete the game itself (and all files inside of it) and reinstall as if you just got the game.
After, subscribe to the content pack again, load in, see if that works.
- memorize vital settings
-video settings
-sensitivity
-FOV
-Audio
-anything else personalized to your liking.

A Sack O' Salt

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Dec 10, 2017
Have you fixed it?

Ron

Banned
Banned
Aug 9, 2017
banned.
Ive disabled multicore rendering and enabled chromium. It doesnt crash as often as it used to; itll crash maybe once out of five times which is much better than it running once out of five times :).
it was likely the 64bit version I crashed alot

A Sack O' Salt

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Dec 10, 2017
It’s definitely better to not have any betas running, and multi core rendering will help more than harm.

A Sack O' Salt

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Dec 10, 2017
Chromium should stay
The only thing chromium does is let you watch the TVs and listen to the radios in-game. Other than that, you might as well turn it off if you’re still having problems, if it doesn’t change anything by all means turn it back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.